Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!

Author Topic: BF4 Bans  (Read 2466 times)

Offline Rufus

BF4 Bans
« on: March 27, 2014, 09:54:32 PM »
Hello Folks,

I am having issues with Bans. When an admin bans someone or they are auto banned ie: language, I go in and remove the ban through echelon and it says it is gone. The player is still banned on the server. If I go and look at the bans.txt on the hosting site for the server it has the player still in there. I remove them manually and have to restart the server to get the ban to be removed. Is there anyway to not have B3 write to the server's bans.txt?

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
Re: BF4 Bans
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 10:33:03 PM »
Echelon won't be able to tell you BF4 server to unban the player.
You must do it in game using the !unban command.

First lookup the player B3 id (either in Echelon or using the !lookup command). Lets say the id is 123. Then unban with : !unban @123

Offline HogensHero

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 11:27:03 PM »
Its my understanding that you have never been able to unban using echelon.  When ever I unbanned a player I always used the in game commands.

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2014, 12:34:02 AM »
You can with some games (mainly q3a based I think) as long as you have the correct rcon settings in your echelon setup.

Offline Fakie

• Bandit Company
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2014, 09:57:43 PM »
You can with some games (mainly q3a based I think) as long as you have the correct rcon settings in your echelon setup.
You are correct. Whether PB is enabled or not Echelon unban will remove the bans on that player for q3a based games. However if you use !pb and it logs to the ban.txt file you will need to use !unban which removes from ban.txt and Echelon despite the "There was a error processing your request" error if I remember correctly.

Offline Mariodu62

« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2014, 09:09:13 AM »
Echelon won't be able to tell you BF4 server to unban the player.
You must do it in game using the !unban command.

First lookup the player B3 id (either in Echelon or using the !lookup command). Lets say the id is 123. Then unban with : !unban @123

Maybe late reply but the version of echelon i posted in the dev section (2 years ago) is usefull with ban, tempban, unban with BF3 or BF4.

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything