thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
In our support boards we aim to provide support for the B3 core in its current state. Older releases of B3 are NOT supported. Check our front page for the latest version. You may post feature requests in our General Discussion board. Modifications and Hacks of the core B3 code are NOT supported.
Before you ask for support: [ Read the Support Instructions ] - More info: [ Full Support Disclaimer ]

Author Topic: B3 punkbuster authorization issues  (Read 321 times)

Offline VSG Tyler

B3 punkbuster authorization issues
« on: February 12, 2017, 02:06:44 AM »
Hello, on my CoD4x server I seem to have hit a complete wall. I've searched far and wide but it seems I'm no closer to resolving this issue. 
- Main issue seems to be punkbuster doesn't want to resolve any GUIDs and authorize them to B3. Everything i've looked at previously on these forums has not worked so I believe a support thread is all I can hope for.

Attached is the logged *level 8* b3.log
http://pastebin.com/H2dJdD7j

pls send aid 

~ Will send 1k bundles of beef jerky to my savior.

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
Re: B3 punkbuster authorization issues
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2017, 03:51:52 AM »
You need to use the cod4x parser.

Offline VSG Tyler

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2017, 12:35:30 PM »
The cod4x parser is installed and I'm currently using it. Saw that as a potential fix earlier and no luck.

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 01:11:37 PM by VSG Tyler »

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2017, 05:20:00 PM »
I'm not sure, but I also don't think that cod4x uses pb.

Offline VSG Tyler

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2017, 03:42:10 PM »
You're right COD4 doesn't use Punkbuster yet I believe it uses it to create GUIDs. As of now the problem is still authentication with concerns to the database and 3rd party programs. My GUID obviously isn't 32 random numbers but B3 created a fake one for each user starting with 2 *Followed by 30 random numbers* and ending with 4.

If a new topic is warranted I'll move to the appropriate forum.

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2017, 04:28:51 PM »
B3 won't create a guid, the guids that you are seeing are probably the new guids that cod4x uses.

I suggest that you look on the cod4x forums or do a search for cod4x here to see if you can find a solution.

If you still have no luck then make sure to post a FULL log with log_lvel set to 8.

Offline RaistlinRTCW

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2017, 08:13:16 AM »
It is similar to the issue with COD WaW where the codguid length parameter needs to be in your b3.xml and you need to be running a patched version of B3 of at least something like 1.10 patch 250 or 263

Rate this page +1 at Google Search