thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!

Author Topic: Mod or a line of code for B3  (Read 6541 times)

Offline krazykid{OC}L

Mod or a line of code for B3
« on: August 08, 2011, 04:53:55 AM »
I was wondering if anybody would know how to make a Cod4 server Low Gravity? I set the g_gravity 15 but it changes back to normal every time the map changes. I cant seem to keep it low gravity. Is there a mod or some code that I cant seem to find. I'm using B3 and Rcon if that's helps.

Thanks

Offline MordyT

• Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
Re: Mod or a line of code for B3
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 02:35:34 PM »
In your server.cfg, do you have anything saying exec somename.cfg near the end?
If no to above, make sure you set g_gravity in the server.cfg since it will reload it on map change.

On our server we have a special config for lowgrav, so when we execute it, it stays low grav until we change it back.
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline krazykid{OC}L

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2011, 10:16:45 PM »
In your server.cfg, do you have anything saying exec somename.cfg near the end?
If no to above, make sure you set g_gravity in the server.cfg since it will reload it on map change.

On our server we have a special config for lowgrav, so when we execute it, it stays low grav until we change it back.

MordyT I just went back to gameservers.com and ordered 3 servers with them. I also went to host4b3.com and am in the process of ordering 3 bots for my servers. i had a question about the low gravity. I have it set in the server.cfg file to g_gravity 15 and added it to the command line change. But it seems like everytime it changes maps it goes back to regular gravity. Not sure what i'm doing wrong.

Offline MordyT

• MordyT
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2011, 03:33:42 PM »
put the attached file in your main folder, remove the .txt extension (should be .cfg), and then execute it. It will stay lowgrav until you change it back.
to execute, open a tool, then type exec lowgrav.cfg

P.S. this is what we use on our servers, mod as needed

EDIT: removed cfg
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 03:24:14 PM by MordyT »

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline krazykid{OC}L

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 01:22:42 AM »
put the attached file in your main folder, remove the .txt extension (should be .cfg), and then execute it. It will stay lowgrav until you change it back.
to execute, open a tool, then type exec lowgrav.cfg

P.S. this is what we use on our servers, mod as needed

MordyT

Thanks for your help. We got everything up and running your bots are great with fast setup time. My clan is the Organized Chaos, and I would like to thank you for your help again.

Offline MordyT

• MordyT
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2011, 03:23:42 PM »
Awseomeness. While that cfg makes use of PB, it does work. Glad it helped you.

Offline dregs

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 11:27:28 PM »
Hi, I'm sorry that I am ressurecting this old, dead thread, but I was just wondering if you could post that CFG again. I am very close to having my low-gravity server going, but when the map reloads, the jump_height/gravity don't.

If you don't have it, could you just clarify what you did to get it to stay? Thank you very much! :)

Offline MordyT

• MordyT
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2012, 03:55:36 PM »
Hi, I'm sorry that I am ressurecting this old, dead thread, but I was just wondering if you could post that CFG again. I am very close to having my low-gravity server going, but when the map reloads, the jump_height/gravity don't.

If you don't have it, could you just clarify what you did to get it to stay? Thank you very much! :)
All the cfg does is exec a rcon command (or 2)
set g_gravity 20
(the other command changes the server name)

Just make sure new maps don't switch that and it will stick

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything