If we get a subforum for CS:Go I will split this post off into a new thread.
[Quick FAQ] CS:GO Info
Hello new B3 users
Now that there is a version of B3 for CS:Go I thought I would throw together some info.
NOTE: The following must be followed for B3 to work on your CS:GO server:
- start your csgo game server with the '-condebug' command line parameter. The game server log file can then be found in the csgo folder under the name 'console.log'.
- you need MetaMod and SourceMod installed on your game server
- it is highly recommended to install the SourceMod B3 Say plugin
- your game server autoexec.cfg file must contain "log on"
- the game server must be started before B3
Note: You may need the dev version of metamod.
If you don't follow this, do not ask for support.1) How can I run B3 for CS:GO?
A: The first B3 release to include CS:GO support is B3 1.9.0dev3. Make sure to use the latest available B3 1.9dev version.2) Where can I download these files?
A: B3 1.9.0 dev packages are available at http://bit.ly/MXP7JF3) Any special plugins for CS:GO?
A: No one has written any CS:GO plugins at this time.4) Any stock plugins work for CS:GO?
A: Most stock plugins should work. Help me build this list guys!5) Where can I find the b3.xml for CS:GO?
A: There is a template in the templates folder. Use the B3 setup and you should be able to select it. I will also try to attach my b3.xml here, time permitting. Or use the online config generator
.6) What will development be like in the long term for CS:GO
- I plan on completing the few last features missing in that parser based on your feedback
- I plan on fixing the bugs you will report for a few weeks
- I do not plan on working on this parser on the long term
- I do not plan to working on any CS:GO specific plugin
- I will provide support to all developers contributing to that B3 parser and CS:GO specific plugins
Let me know if there is anything you think should be added, or if you think this topic should not exist, etc. All feedback is welcome.