Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Echelon v2 is not yet officially released! If you cannot get this dev-version installed, revert to version 1 as available in our download section.

Author Topic: Echelon Disk space requirements?  (Read 961 times)

Offline blackops1

Echelon Disk space requirements?
« on: July 24, 2015, 09:13:50 PM »
Hi, our clan has B3 running on a pc for cod black ops. we have a clanserver website that has 500mb of disk space, going to upgrade it to 1000mb, how much disk space is needed to run echelon? how much disk space is needed to run b3 + echelon on website?  we have plenty of bandwidth.  The read me's for echelon and b3 don't contain much information. i have set up a few websites but this software is new to me, any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Offline Fenix

• Dev. Team
    • GitHub
Re: Echelon Disk space requirements?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 02:58:33 AM »
Echelon does not requires much space. I don't remember exactly the amount of space of the whole application but we are talking about few MB. As for B3, in order to run B3, it really depends on the distribution you are going to use: if you use the source version it's about 3-4 MB; if instead you want to use the compiled version it's around 80-100 MB when uncompressed (since it ships the whole python interpreter and all the needed libraries in it). While running however B3 will generate a log file: b y default the logfile size is 10 MB and when this limit is reached the logfile is rolled and a new one will be generated (so you will have at most 5 files of 10 MB each => 50MB tops). You can disable verbose logging in B3 config file to reduce disk usage (by setting the log level to 50 => only critical errors).

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 04:08:41 AM »
You probably won't be able to run B3 on the website, but you will be able to run Echelon as long as you can access the mysql database remotely. Echelon uses about 1 mb of space.

Offline blackops1

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 06:12:41 AM »
B3 seems to be working fine where it is on the clan leaders pc, so i think we'll stick with it.  The cpanel for the website does have remote mysql. The Read me for echelon is kind of vague. from what i understand i need to   ftp the echelon file to public html, create mysql db and ftp echelon.sql  from there i'm not certain how to proceed, i found an echelon video on youtube but it's in french..   i did not set up B3 on the pc, i can get teamveiwer access to it though, how would i connect B3 to remotemysql?  this software is all very new to me. Thank you for helping.

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 06:44:14 AM »
You need to set the B3 database on the PC up to accept a remote connection from the website, just do it for the website IP so it's not a security risk. There should be plenty of Google results on how to do this for Mysql.

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything