thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Echelon v2 is not yet officially released! If you cannot get this dev-version installed, revert to version 1 as available in our download section.

Author Topic: Situation  (Read 5022 times)

Offline Sitting-Duc

• BanButton Developments Blog
Re: Situation
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2012, 09:58:53 AM »
Silly question..

when i'm on github and try to fork your project i just end up forming the main one.. How do I fork yours so I get your changes and that any pull requests goto you?

Duc.

Offline Fenix

• Dev. Team
    • GitHub
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 11:11:59 PM »
To be honest I forked the repo, had a look at the code and ai noticed that it's really a mess :( no offences but since 3 different devs worked on it

Offline Fenix

• Dev. Team
    • GitHub
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2012, 01:14:59 AM »
Accidentally submitted...and had not finished in writing...damm iphone xD. Anyway i would stick with Courgette's idea, that means rebuild the whole project from the beginning, taking advantages of what you can grasp from echelon 1-2 and developing the code starting from a project scheme.

Offline Freelander

• XLRstats dev.
  • Dev. Team
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2012, 11:30:32 AM »
@Sitting-Duc: You don't necessarily have to fork my repo. You can fork the main repo from xlr8or then add my repo as a remote like this:

Code: [Select]
git remote add freelander [email protected]:Freelander/echelon.git

And you can pull from my repo:

Code: [Select]
git pull freelander version2

To send a pull reuest, go to your github repo page and click on pull request button. On the new page click on the base repo drop down list and choose the repo and then the branch you want to send the pull request to.

@Mr.Click: You're right. Looking at the code you can understand what part is coded by who. That's because there's not a coding convention followed by all. Unfortunately the initial designer/coder was doing this project all alone and I'm sure he didn't have time to write down extra information like coding standards etc.

But overall, I don't think this project should go into trash. If anyone wants to contribute to it I suggest fixing the current bugs rather than adding new features. I've added some ajax functionality since the pages were loading very slow with large databases. I'd appreciate if some test it. I will try to help with debugging but I must say that I'm not planning to dedicate myself to this project (at least for now.)

Offline Foo

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2012, 08:45:36 PM »
I'd be happy to help test out.  I have a dummy server I've setup, and can pretty much do whatever to it, with a dummy DB.   I installed v2 along our v1 on our production cod4 server, and it works fine thus far.  Haven't seen any issues.  At any rate, I'd be willing to offer up testing to help out.

Foo
-Foo

Offline Freelander

• XLRstats dev.
  • Dev. Team
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2012, 11:03:38 PM »
Thanks for your offer. I've done a little work on this on my github fork but as I have stated in above post, I won't be working on this anymore.

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything