thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Echelon v2 is not yet officially released! If you cannot get this dev-version installed, revert to version 1 as available in our download section.

Author Topic: Echelon V1 and ARMA 3  (Read 3112 times)

Offline SGTGunner

Echelon V1 and ARMA 3
« on: March 22, 2015, 08:02:06 PM »
I am someone can help me as I don't want to start reverse engineering echelon v1.

My issue is that ARMA 3 only uses battleye and rcon. It no longer uses punkbuster.
I want to be able to ban and unban via Echelon using GUID without having to go through another RCON tool (which is the work around today). This defeats the purpose of the tool in the first place.

I am not sure it is been actively worked on, given V2 and also that there is a reference to V2 phasing out RCON support.
This feature is the main reason I want to use B3/Echelon without it, not very compelling to use.

There were some references to folks having updated some of the echelon pages, but the attachments were removed from the posts. So there is nothing to go from.

Please, any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-SGTGunner

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
Re: Echelon V1 and ARMA 3
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2015, 11:21:45 PM »
If you ban someone in Echelon v1 B3 will see the ban next time they try to join and kick them off.

The only thing that it can't do is act on a ban that is given whilst they are on the server, ie it can't kick them off straight away, but the next time they try to join they won't be able to.

Offline SGTGunner

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2015, 12:16:24 AM »
That is strange. Why would it not ban straight away? Given I have an activity date/time. I am not worried that much on the ban, it is the unban that is funky and the current work around. Today, there is no communication to remove the ban from bans.txt, in that it is manual. If it can add it, it would be nice to have it deleted.

Thanks.

-SGTGunner

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2015, 03:11:26 AM »
Yes, currently you can only unban using B3 in game, or by manually editing the bans.txt file.

Offline Fenix

• Dev. Team
    • GitHub
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2015, 12:43:15 PM »
If you ban someone in Echelon v1 B3 will see the ban next time they try to join and kick them off.
If you use B3 1.10dev you can set a configuration value in the admin plugin configuration file, past_bans_check_rate which specifies intervals between past bans check. So if you set this to something like 10s and you ban a player using by echelon, he will be kicked off the server after 10s tops.

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
  • Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2015, 01:32:03 AM »
That is strange. Why would it not ban straight away? Given I have an activity date/time. I am not worried that much on the ban, it is the unban that is funky and the current work around. Today, there is no communication to remove the ban from bans.txt, in that it is manual. If it can add it, it would be nice to have it deleted. Thanks. -SGTGunner
This actually brings to light a bigger issue that seems to have continues from B3 of old.

Bans are sent in a normal ban command (with pb, using the pb_ban command) as well as marking the player banned in the B3 database. For many (most?) games, all an unban does is remove the ban (deactivate, yeah, yeah, yeah) from the database without sending the unban command.

That is why you have to remove from bans.txt manually - which really indicates a flaw in B3 that it doesn't send an unban command when unbanning.
If my memory serves (it's been a while) - this may have been fixed for punkbuster supported bans - at least in cod4 - but i could be wrong.
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2015, 05:20:35 AM »
This actually brings to light a bigger issue that seems to have continues from B3 of old.

Bans are sent in a normal ban command (with pb, using the pb_ban command) as well as marking the player banned in the B3 database. For many (most?) games, all an unban does is remove the ban (deactivate, yeah, yeah, yeah) from the database without sending the unban command.

That is why you have to remove from bans.txt manually - which really indicates a flaw in B3 that it doesn't send an unban command when unbanning.
If my memory serves (it's been a while) - this may have been fixed for punkbuster supported bans - at least in cod4 - but i could be wrong.

I thought that as long as you unban in B3 the unban command (if it exists) is sent? At least for the games that I have used that is the case. It is definitely the case for the Arma games and for COD4 and COD5 with pb.

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
    • MordyT
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2015, 10:17:52 PM »
I thought that as long as you unban in B3 the unban command (if it exists) is sent? At least for the games that I have used that is the case. It is definitely the case for the Arma games and for COD4 and COD5 with pb.
I thought you fixed the punkbuster unban issue a long time ago.

however, according to this topic arma3 does not unban correctly from the bans.txt file. At least that is what this post here:
Today, there is no communication to remove the ban from bans.txt, in that it is manual. If it can add it, it would be nice to have it deleted. Thanks. -SGTGunner
seems to imply

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2015, 01:22:24 AM »
Just tried it and !unban seems to correctly remove the player guid from bans.txt in Arma 3.

If it doesn't please supply a log so we can see what is going wrong.

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
    • MordyT
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 11:59:05 AM »
@SGTGunner, do you have the log Bravo asked for?

@82ndAB.Bravo17 - I found the topic talking about you fixing PB unbans
http://forum.bigbrotherbot.net/plugin-developers/b3-ban-system/msg43292/#msg43292 :)

Rate this page +1 at Google Search