Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!

Author Topic: B3 Wish List  (Read 13905 times)

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
B3 Wish List
« on: August 28, 2009, 01:58:04 PM »
I'm starting this topic to list all known flaws with B3 that can give server admins a hard time.
Maybe people will fix the problems, maybe not.
Also this can be used to list what we would like to be included in B3, but what is not currently, or functions that we would like.

Bug list :

• B3 cannot write to XML files, so it is impossible to change aspects of the config from ingame. As a result, !cmdlevel does not work
  • The groups functionality (!newgroup, !editgroup, !delgroup) functionality has still not been implemented.
  • Suicides and World Kills not detected correctly in CoD4.
  • Pause functionality extremely poor improved

Wish list

• B3 provided with a config maker to allow config more easily
  • FTP logfile functionality built into B3 implemented
  • More plugins included with B3
  • B3 able to be started with plugins disabled (by default)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 01:47:12 AM by Bakes »

Offline Ismael

Re: B3 Wish List
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 05:03:52 PM »
Use a bugtracker?

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 05:41:51 PM »
We do actually have a bugtracker over at tenderapp, but it's... seen a lot of use recently (0 threads since march, 3 threads in total), and I felt that this thread would be a better way of dealing with bugs, because we could move forward in a proactive way.

For example, we have a list of feature requests and bugs here, so someone who wants to try their hand at b3 core programming can simply see a wanted feature/bug, attempt to implement it, when the feature is implemented everyone is happy.

With tenderapp, the only people who would likely check it would be Thorn and xlr8or, which would generally mean that feature requests would not be seen by someone who wanted to have a play with b3.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 05:46:55 PM by Bakes »

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 04:18:41 PM »
Ok, i'll stick in another bug:

Pause functionality is very poor.

What I'd like, is for pause to keep parsing logfile lines, but to veto all events that are not clients joining or quitting, so it can keep an accurate client list. As it is, using the console pause function is a misnomer, because all it does is change _pause to True, which means that every 0.001 seconds a line is logged to the logfile explaining that the bot is paused. The !pause command simply makes the bot sleep for the pause time, then makes the parser parse from the end of the file.
This means that the userlist is not updated, which makes !pause essentially useless, since it will believe that clients who were on the server previously, still are.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 06:48:57 PM by Bakes »

Offline Metal

• Pagina Oficial Apocalipsis Demencial
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 01:38:33 AM »
Hi guys, i was creating a little comands to b3 and have an idea LOL,  ;D what if in b3 V2.0 you can create a plugin that it have comunication with XFire, i mean when a player type in the chat someting like "!admin", b3 send a message to  xfire account admin offourse it's only an idea  :D

Also a plugin working with our email of clan to when a player type "!register", send us a email like work a contact seccion in ours web sites, Again only an idea  ;D

And really congratulations for Big Brother Bot.

P.D.

Ohh Sorry for my english  :P

Offline Beber888

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 09:20:00 PM »
I wish that B3 will be able to work in remote mode with sftp protocol....
Python, Php, UrT SourceCode

Offline Travisty

• Game Server Files
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 05:51:31 PM »
bugs as i know for cod4

Super Admin/god admin
!register (player name) you do not have correct permission

greeting [<greeting>] - set or list your greeting (doesnt allow setting incorrect permission)

level 80
!clear - !warnclear removes warnings but some times players still get banned for x ammount of time ( should make a option to remove temp bans on players)

the tk plugin for cod4 should be also fixed as it kicks players for tk even when they kill the opposit team

!adrem commads are buggy as well they will add the in the advertisment but says it fails

im sure there is more but im unable to remember as of the moment.

ugh wish list!! added support for bf series games plus also the new medal of honor and call of duty games.

also i would like to see a head shot, killing spree plugin that acctually has the working sounds for head shot and killing spree for the call of duty/ bf/moh series.

these are all items im unable to code my self but if people are willing im pretty sure we can work out an arrange ment to which all tools and needed testing matriales ie test servers can be provided

Offline doom20

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 12:14:11 AM »
Trav, for the headshot sounds etc... dont they need to be built into a cod4 mod for b3 to actually work with them?

Offline grosbedo

• Former Dev. (senate)
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 04:39:31 PM »
I would like to see natively a way to call external config files. I know it's possible to include a function to do so in one's plugin, but I think that as B3 will grow up, it will become more and more complex, and more and more complex setup will be made, so it would lower down the level of complexity in configuration a lot if there was such a feature natively.

For example, with chatlogger and chatloggerquoter plugins, I had to make 1 config for each server I have (8), but now if I want to change a setting for all the configs, like the date to purge the logs, I have to do it manually...

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 05:01:58 PM »
Actually year after year, we have been putting all our efforts into making B3 more simple to install/configure/use. You have to keep in mind that lots of B3 users are no programmer nor sys admins. They are just people who like gaming and are renting a game server.

The simpler it is to install/config/use B3, the less frustration there is on the end user side.
The less time devs spend providing support on the forums the more time they have to fix/improve the bot.

The K.I.S.S principle applies :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 05:04:46 PM by Courgette »

Offline FlashYorkHunt

• Murder Networks [MN]
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 05:25:29 PM »
Actually year after year, we have been putting all our efforts into making B3 more simple to install/configure/use. You have to keep in mind that lots of B3 users are no programmer nor sys admins. They are just people who like gaming and are renting a game server.

The simpler it is to install/config/use B3, the less frustration there is on the end user side.
The less time devs spend providing support on the forums the more time they have to fix/improve the bot.

The K.I.S.S principle applies :)
Maybe the b3 dev team could come out with a more advanced version of b3 for the programmers/more advanced b3 users. Then keep one version like this current one is.

Offline grosbedo

• Former Dev. (senate)
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 10:53:50 PM »
But that is what I mean !

Imagine having 1 chatlogger.xml, with common parameters like max_age, and several chatlogger_server1.xml, chatlogger_server2.xml, etc... with just :

<set name="database">chatlogger_server1</set>

<include>@b3/extplugins/conf/chatlogger.xml</include>

This would ease up maintenance a lot !

Offline Beber888

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2010, 02:04:33 PM »
I wish, when player disconnect, have in events.data the name of the player.

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2010, 04:35:09 PM »
Hi Beber888. Currently event.data from EVT_CLIENT_DISCONNECT events contains the cid of the disconnected client.
Unfortunately, whenever such an event is raised, the client data is freed from memory. Also some plugin already works with the assumption that event.data is the cid for such events.

What you could try if you need the client info on disconnection is to save in your plugin the connected clients for each cid :

Code: python [Select]

myclientcache = []
self.registerEvent(b3.events.EVT_CLIENT_DISCONNECT)
self.registerEvent(b3.events.EVT_CLIENT_CONNECT)
def onEvent(self, event):
    if event.type == b3.events.EVT_CLIENT_CONNECT:
        self.myclientcache[event.client.cid] = event.client
    if event.type == b3.events.EVT_CLIENT_DISCONNECT:
        client = self.myclientcache[event.data]
        self.info('player named %s just disconnected' % client.name)
        ## /!\ do not forget to delete this client from your cache is you do not need it anymore /!\
        del self.myclientcache[event.data]

Offline Beber888

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #14 on: October 24, 2010, 06:54:01 PM »
It's allready what I do but it should be easer to have the name directly (it's a wish)...

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything