Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!

Author Topic: Homefront Support  (Read 25489 times)

Offline BetterDeadThanZed

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
Re: Homefront Support
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2011, 12:33:13 AM »
I put in a little plug for the B3 dev's on the email reflector for Homefront. The devs at Kaos are very active on the list, so I mentioned that the B3 devs are working on a Homefront compatible version. This came up when people were asking about a ban list. I also mentioned how you guys got no reply to your inquires about game keys from them.. :)

Offline TacTicToe

• Killing Crew Founder
    • The Killing Crew
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2011, 06:30:17 AM »
A huge personal request I have for Homefront, is a way to restrict weapons. Snipers are a nuisance, and there are far too many on the servers. I would like to have a sniper free, as well as hacker free server. So if you could have it so it will auto kick or ban someone getting a kill with a sniper rifle, I would be forever in your debt.  :-)

Offline MordyT

• Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2011, 05:33:57 PM »
The anti-n00b plugin show work with this (I hope) and that can kick snipers...
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline xlr8or

• [ www.xlrstats.com ]
  • Project Lead
    • The Art of Tactical Gaming
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2011, 07:29:40 PM »
...The devs at Kaos are very active on the list...
Where is that list? I don't know it.

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2011, 03:57:27 AM »
Where is that list? I don't know it.

It's an email list for GSP's focused on all things Homefront. Phogue from Procon is on it. You guys should be on it too.

Drop me a PM or an email and I'll give you the email of one of the Kaos guys that should be able to get you on the email list.

Offline TacTicToe

• Killing Crew Founder
    • The Killing Crew
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 10:26:03 AM »
Any news about the Homefront support? I am currently railing and hammering THQ to get the server files. I am so sick to death of not being able to have my own damn server. The snipers and hackers are just out of control. Once I get a Homefront server online, I NEED a good way to admin it.

So again, any promising news?

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 11:36:49 AM »
I just got B3 to connect to our test server (provided by lowpinggameservers.com. Thx guys) and we are able to receive game events and also able to send rcon commands.

So it looks promising, but the game is very new and lacks a few essential rcon features. To make B3 worthy we need asap a command to send private messages to players.

I'm confident those features will be brought with futures patches. The question is now when ?

Offline Spruehwurstheinz

« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 01:22:44 PM »
I spent around 50 hours in playing homefront already and I guess a big problem will be the chat itself. It's so stupid small and bad placed that I've never seen a message there.
Kaos needs to implement a way to show bigger personal messages by the server or to enlarge the chat in general.

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 01:29:43 PM »
have you guys noticed that the chat do not accept the '!' character as the 1st letter after opening the chat ?
For now, my workaround is to type a random character, then delete it and I can finaly type a '!' as the first char

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 01:35:57 PM »
Any news about the Homefront support? I am currently railing and hammering THQ to get the server files. I am so sick to death of not being able to have my own damn server. The snipers and hackers are just out of control. Once I get a Homefront server online, I NEED a good way to admin it.

So again, any promising news?

They've said two weeks after Homefront's release, the server files will be released. This will come with a client/daemon admin tool with the daemon side running on the server itself. Personally, I've already cancelled my Homefront server, so at the end of one month, it will be gone. If I can't run it on my VPS when it's released, I'm not paying for a server for this game.

Offline Ski

« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 02:36:34 PM »
have you guys noticed that the chat do not accept the '!' character as the 1st letter after opening the chat ?
For now, my workaround is to type a random character, then delete it and I can finaly type a '!' as the first char

I never tried until today, but I was able to use '!' as the 1st character without issue. I typed in chat '!test' and it came up that way on the screen.

I can not wait for B3 support. We need a real admin program for this game.

Ski

Offline TacTicToe

• Killing Crew Founder
    • The Killing Crew
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 11:18:31 PM »
They've said two weeks after Homefront's release, the server files will be released. This will come with a client/daemon admin tool with the daemon side running on the server itself. Personally, I've already cancelled my Homefront server, so at the end of one month, it will be gone. If I can't run it on my VPS when it's released, I'm not paying for a server for this game.

Yes I know they said they would be released within two weeks of the games release. This is simply not good enough though. The hackers and snipers are out of control. The game community is dying off quickly, just as I had predicted when Kaos told us their brilliant plan to not release server files on release day.

You should be able to run it on your VPS, why would you think you cant? I have a private dedi box I plan to run the serve off of, if they ever release the files, and the game is not completely dead.

Everytime I call THQ, their number is busy. You would think with this being 2011, they would at LEAST invest in voice mail.

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 09:42:43 PM »
Yes I know they said they would be released within two weeks of the games release. This is simply not good enough though. The hackers and snipers are out of control. The game community is dying off quickly, just as I had predicted when Kaos told us their brilliant plan to not release server files on release day.

You should be able to run it on your VPS, why would you think you cant? I have a private dedi box I plan to run the serve off of, if they ever release the files, and the game is not completely dead.

Everytime I call THQ, their number is busy. You would think with this being 2011, they would at LEAST invest in voice mail.

I know the processor load seems pretty heavy, which is why I question if I'll be able to run it on my VPS.

I really don't think the game will die in the first two weeks. You're being over dramatic.

Offline TacTicToe

• Killing Crew Founder
    • The Killing Crew
« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2011, 04:19:16 AM »
I know the processor load seems pretty heavy, which is why I question if I'll be able to run it on my VPS.

I really don't think the game will die in the first two weeks. You're being over dramatic.

LOL over dramatic? My God, I wish I were! I am all about numbers, facts and stats. I have been watching and tracking Homefront for days. Since it is a Steamworks game, the stats for the game itself are tracked. Currently it is ranked around 20 or so in the list. Here is what I saw over the last few days...

Wednesday player peak 5,800
Thursday player peak 4,400
Friday player peak 3,800 (prime time)
Saturday player peak 3,600 (prime time as of this post)

Do you not see the trend there? What do you call that? They claim to have sold a million units, the game is a week and a half old, and the play numbers are dropping off quickly. Keep an eye on the numbers yourself, you will see.

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

Youll have to expand the link to see Homefront, since it is so far down on the list. Hell DoD Source is seeing more action then this game!

As for the over loading, Im a bit mixed on that since I hear conflicting reports. For example, I hear there are memory leaks in Homefront (unconfirmed offificially) which IMO would account for heavy resource requirements. But then I see something like this...

If you look closely, you will see all these games are running on the same IP, just different ports. In there are

(5) Homefront servers
(6) Medal of Honor servers
(8 ) Bad Company 2 servers

Now mind you, these are just what are linked to gametracker, there could well be more. So now I have to ask...

Is this box just severely overloaded?
Are the heavy resources needed for Homefront exaggerated?
Is this GSP running uber hexcore systems with 500 gigs of DDR5 RAM?
If a cat chokes to death while eating a mouse, who killed whom?

These are all things I ponder when investigating claims by developers, versus feedback from consumers. So bottom line, Im still not sure if you would be able to run it on your VPS or not. My advice, try it and see what happens. :)

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2011, 04:32:21 AM »
ok guys. Please keep that topic focused on B3 support for Homefront and issues/facts directly link to that

Rate this page +1 at Google Search