Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: ForumLink  (Read 37497 times)

Offline [MMk]ZTk

• MixoMatik
Re: ForumLink
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2009, 04:07:07 PM »
A dev thinks have corrected the probleme, in /install/lang/english/mysql_install_english.sql
if you want to look here: http://code.google.com/p/phpboost/source/diff?spec=svn3339&r=3339&format=side&path=/branches/3.0/install/lang/english/mysql_install_english.sql

NB: subject of the support is here: http://www.phpboost.com/forum/topic-8065+installation-version-english.php

Cheers.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 04:09:13 PM by [MMk]ZTk »

Offline xlr8or

• [ www.xlrstats.com ]
  • Project Lead
    • The Art of Tactical Gaming
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2009, 10:44:47 AM »
I like this project very much! It's got huge potential in tying gamers to community sites and get them involved.

Why choose for SMF2, it's considered not yet production stable? (And that's why we're still using SMF1)

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2009, 11:12:41 AM »
SMF2 is going RC2 in the next couple of days/weeks (has already been released to charter members). Whilst SMF2 may not be seen as production stable, it's considered stable enough for a working environment, and there are only minor bugs still to be ironed out. I am coding for SMF2 because the db structure will likely not change between now and full release, and obviously, coding for the future is better than coding for the past.

Unfortunately, many of the functions, such as inserting posts and adding/removing people from groups, will be done with a php function rather than pure python, as the work for each forum would take far too long to make it worthwhile.

I'm suggesting myself a new idea; forced forum activity. Want your mods/admins to be active on the forums? Set smf up so that if they were last seen on the forums more than two weeks ago, b3 will drop them back down to a reg on their next connection. Then, if they reconnect to the forums, it will boost them back up again.

Offline Metal

• Pagina Oficial Apocalipsis Demencial
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2009, 01:57:43 AM »
Hey great idea to a plugin  ;), i have a problem the plugin can't connect to me host, i write well all (db, user, pass etc), Can you put a little read me with instructions to install this plugin, i say it because i don't know where go the table sql :'(

Thanks and sorry for my english

Offline Mikobiko

« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2009, 08:15:52 AM »
id love to see it work with IPB 3.0. However Im not too sure you will since its not opensourced or anything.

Id happily lend resources to help tho if possible :)

Offline Metal

• Pagina Oficial Apocalipsis Demencial
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2009, 12:27:20 AM »
Yeah   ;D i fail  ::)

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2009, 08:32:47 AM »
A little update on this: I lost my main coding machine, and due to the ways the different forums work, it's extremely hard to code for forumlink. Personally, I now have no real use for this plugin, so it may go a little stagnant until I have the motivation to work on it some more.

I know Spoon and Seven have been doing their own work on it, and if I can persuade them to release their modifications, well, all the better :)

Offline Spoon

• EHD Gaming
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2009, 03:01:37 PM »
we never did anything to it. we thought you were doing stuff so we decided just to leave it cuz we would prob just brake it.

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2009, 04:48:58 PM »
haha, fair dos

Offline ryry46d9

• B3 Contrib/Support
    • Pb| clan
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2010, 10:52:22 PM »
2 questions

1) any motivation yet?  ;)
2) how do I go about adding a custom profile field named 'b3id'  its for phpBB3, I got a couple friends that also use SMF2

Offline Spoon

• EHD Gaming
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 10:49:02 PM »
Admin control panel >> Users & groups >> Custom profile fields

Offline ryry46d9

• B3 Contrib/Support
    • Pb| clan
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2010, 02:56:41 AM »
So, I was not able to find a "integer" option under 3.0.6, But I had a Numbers option that only allows a-z & _ . So I renamed the field identification to bot_id . Opened up forumlink.py found all instances of b3id, changed them to bot_id and fixed my sql table.

100210 17:25:28 VERBOSE RCON sending (192.168.6.50:27960) tell 1 ^2(^2The Babysitter^2)^7: ^3[pm]^7 You have ^11^7 unread private messages, and you have ^10^7 unread forum posts

Thank you Spoon

Offline Spoon

• EHD Gaming
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2010, 07:46:40 PM »
you can rename it to B3id in your mysql table thats what we did.

Offline ryry46d9

• B3 Contrib/Support
    • Pb| clan
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2010, 07:58:10 PM »
yeah I got 3 servers linked up now, works great. but the other day I got a double post when logging in.

[attachment deleted by maintenance - older than 60 days]

Offline xavierk

« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2010, 03:06:26 PM »
My intent is to do the opposite of your planned feature.  Instead of the game dictating their level in the forums, I am going to have the forums set the permission level in game.

Now with my limited knowledge of python, I'll simply do this with a PHP sync script.

My question though is besides the obvious 1 custom field for each game type.  How can I use this for multiple game types?  Unfortunately, as each database will have different @numbers, I can't see how i can rely on that.  If I used the same database for both COD and COD:WW, they would still be separate records due to the pbid wouldn't match.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you!

Rate this page +1 at Google Search