Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: ForumLink  (Read 35514 times)

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
ForumLink
« on: October 13, 2009, 08:45:31 PM »
Description:
This plugin links your users to their forum accounts, opening up a number of possibilities, including automatic forum usergroup changes based on server level, posts from the game, and maybe even cross server B3 authentication for Urban Terror based on forum account.

Planned features include:
Change a user's forum group on server ban
Change a user's group based on server group_bits
Add threads in the forum from ingame (maybe about certain players, as a kind of advanced notice system).
Remove players from groups based on forum inactivity.
Post bans to a forum, in an 'automatic appeal' style.

Changlog:
0.1.1beta : Includes phpBB3 support, and a couple of other changes. Improved code. Added the required SQL file for execution on the B3 database.
0.1beta : Appears to be stable, after linking has only one command. !newpms tells you how many new pms you have had since your last visit.

Currently Supported Forums:
SMF (only tested with 2.0 RC1.2)
phpBB3 (only tested with 3.0.5)
phpBB2 (aka php-Nuke) (Custom Profile Fields MOD required) (only tested with 2.0.23)

Next forums to be supported:
PHPBoost

Download : direct download | source code repository

Make suggestions for what you want in ForumLink, if they're 'do-able' I may do them at some point.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 08:45:51 PM by Bakes »

Offline SevenSniff

Re: ForumLink
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 12:31:08 AM »
Been working on converting this to PHPBB3 myself and have ran into a problem, it seems that no matter what, when you try to connect to do the commands it seems to try to connect to my b3 database with my websites database login. is there a easy way of fixing this? ive tryed duplicating the query commands in the forumlink.py and in the original storage.py

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 01:30:18 PM »
I just realised that I didn't include a required SQL file in the release, so it's currently non-functional :S

When I have included the SQL file, you should merely have to:
Add a custom profile field of some sort in phpBB3.

Find out where the results go, and then configure it right (my code should be fairly self-explanatory).

change the fieldnames for the SMF database queries to go to phpBB3. Lines 106 and 147 should be the only ones you really need to change.

You probably shouldn't need to duplicate the query commands from either, just change my code around a bit. I'll be doing my own phpBB3 implementation maybe tonight?

Offline SevenSniff

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 03:13:37 PM »
Yeah i managed to build the sql file my self simple enough :) but somthing just isnt right, ill just leave it for you since your the python expert :) never done it in my life but once you know a language its common sense to figure out the syntax

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2009, 09:29:16 PM »
Release: 0.1.1beta

Changlog:
0.1.1beta : Includes phpBB3 support, and a couple of other changes. Improved code. Added the required SQL file for execution on the B3 database.

Offline [MMk]ZTk

• MixoMatik
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2009, 05:16:15 PM »
Currently Supported Forums:
SMF (only tested with 2.0 RC1.2)
phpBB3 (only tested with 3.0.5)

Hi Bakes, thanks for you work.

It is possible to make your script compatible with Phpboost?

Thanks a lot,

Cheers

(sorry for my bad english, i'm french user...)

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2009, 06:53:41 PM »
I'd say yes, definitely, but I don't know french to the level required to use phpBoost.

It'll go on my wishlist, but until they have an English translation, it'll be a lower priority for me.

Offline [MMk]ZTk

• MixoMatik
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2009, 11:01:20 PM »
Thanks a lot for your answer.
PhpBoost is a very good CMS, it included also an English translation and their community is very nice and reactive.
Thank you still and soon has.

Cheers.

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2009, 11:06:24 PM »
I'll take a look at it tomorrow night.

I plan to add support for all of the forums I will be supporting in the first version, so that I can build from there.

Offline [MMk]ZTk

• MixoMatik
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2009, 11:09:40 PM »
Thanks a lot, really very cool!

Cheers

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 08:44:01 PM »
Release: 0.1.2beta

Changlog:
0.1.2beta : Includes phpBB2 support, with improved query code for all forums. phpBB2 requires the Custom Profile Fields mod. This should work for a lot of versions of nuke (though I will not touch nuke, since I hate it).

Notes:
PHPBoost has not made it in just yet because the English translation is extremely buggy. Errors in install (which are fixed when the language is set to French) and errors in the forum section. I shall try to read French tomorrow, so it may be finished in about 24 hours, but development for the PHPBoost forum will be a lot slower than the others, until they have a fully working English translation.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 09:02:04 PM by Bakes »

Offline KONA

• PHPBoost
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2009, 01:04:55 AM »

Hello I am a Moderator of PHPBoost and a friend of ZTK, firstly thank you to adapt this script to PHPBoost.

You experience how the error (step?) Of Installion? I try it locally and will step 4 after filled connection to MySQL al.

Did you this?

Code: [Select]
: Undefined index: server_path C:\wamp\www\phpboost_en\kernel\begin.php 84
: Undefined index: server_name C:\wamp\www\phpboost_en\kernel\begin.php 85
: Undefined index: ob_gzhandler C:\wamp\www\phpboost_en\kernel\begin.php 91
: Undefined index: site_cookie C:\wamp\www\phpboost_en\kernel\framework\members\session.class.php 454
: Undefined index: lang C:\wamp\www\phpboost_en\kernel\framework\members\session.class.php 282
: Undefined index: theme C:\wamp\www\phpboost_en\kernel\framework\members\session.class.php 283
: Undefined index: editor C:\wamp\www\phpboost_en\kernel\framework\members\session.class.php 287
: Undefined index: timezone C:\wamp\www\phpboost_en\kernel\framework\members\session.class.php 288
: Undefined index: theme C:\wamp\www\phpboost_en\kernel\begin.php 122
: Undefined index: lang C:\wamp\www\phpboost_en\kernel\begin.php 130

Notice: Undefined index: e_warning in C:\wamp\www\phpboost_en\kernel\framework\core\errors.class.php on line 105

Notice: Undefined index: infile in C:\wamp\www\phpboost_en\kernel\framework\core\errors.class.php on line 126

Notice: Undefined index: atline in C:\wamp\www\phpboost_en\kernel\framework\core\errors.class.php on line 126
: require_once(../lang//main.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory C:\wamp\www\phpboost_en\kernel\begin.php 135

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required '../lang//main.php' (include_path='.;C:\php5\pear') in C:\wamp\www\phpboost_en\kernel\begin.php on line 135

Offline KONA

• PHPBoost
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2009, 09:38:15 AM »
A member of the team translation thinks of credit to target problem in the installation. Therefore if you want to have it in English, it is necessary to make the installation in French and then in the administration to install the English language:)

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2009, 02:02:28 PM »

Offline [MMk]ZTk

• MixoMatik
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2009, 02:23:19 PM »
Thanks a lot Bakes!
I transmit all this on the support forum PhpBoost. :)

Thanks for return!

Cheers.

Rate this page +1 at Google Search