Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: Openbanter 1.0b  (Read 26101 times)

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
Openbanter 1.0b
« on: September 12, 2008, 07:27:53 AM »
Description:

This plugin responds to user commands such as !gj or !ns with predefined answers. Command levels and responses can be set in the config.

Usage:
Code: [Select]
		<command>
<settings>
<!-- Command name -->
<name>goodjob</name>
<!-- Command alias -->
<alias>gj</alias>
<!-- Minimum level to access command. -->
<minlevel>2</minlevel>
<!-- The responses if you try to good job yourself or b3. Used to be actual warnings, but that's unfair -->
<b3warning>^1B3 ^3didn't do a good job.^7</b3warning>
<selfwarning>^1You ^3didn't do a good job.^7</selfwarning>
</settings>
<!-- Insert the phrases you want shown. -->
<phrases>
<phrase>^3Good ^1job^3,^7</phrase>
<phrase>^3Keep up the ^1good^3 work,^7</phrase>
<phrase>^3You ^1showed ^3them,^7</phrase>
<phrase>^3Well done, now bring it ^1home^3,^7</phrase>
<phrase>^3Nice ^1Job^3,^7</phrase>
<phrase>^3That was ^1incredible^3,^7</phrase>
</phrases>
</command>

Pretty self explanatory really!

Then just !gj name ingame.

Changelog :
1.0b : I can program properly now :) Now done properly, easier configuration, less stupid code, etc.
0.3 : Stable, warns for !openbantercommand b3 and !openbantercommand self. Also uses more simplified code, thanks to xlr8or for this.
0.2release : Stable, multiple commands, sample commands to modify.
0.2.1beta: working, multiple commands, config necessary, commands defined in config.
0.2alpha : Unstable, gives 'There was an error processing your command' due to something to do with sets, should be fixed soon.
0.1final : Put on hold indefinetely, due to 0.2 development starting.
0.1beta : Working, thanks to a fix from Courgette, only !gj works, settings in .py file, config not technically necessary.
0.1alpha : Unstable, gives 'Unrecognized command gj'

Download : v0.3 | v1.0b (if you're bored, look at the code for each one)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2013, 11:57:54 PM by Bakes »

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
Re: Openbanter 0.2b
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 09:53:01 AM »
N1 :)

Just a note about your startup method: now that you have further commands, it could be more like :
 * check whether there are phrases loaded for that command
 * if yes: register that command
 * and do the same for each command
instead of abording the startup process if only one of the command has no phrases.

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
Re: Openbanter 0.2b
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 12:21:32 AM »
Thats planned for 0.3.
I've got rid of the mysql idea, but I think openbanter needs something that makes it different, since most people can just hack the code easily. I'm thinking of an xlrstats type system that logs who has been !gjed the most, blah blah.

Offline Stec

• [83rd]Division Thunderbolts
Re: Openbanter 0.2Final
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 08:54:32 PM »
Interesting...(clicks 'Notify')

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 07:06:17 PM »
I'm also planning a crackdown on pirates. Since someone is running b3 on an illegal cracked server, and I do not support this, I will be restricting future release versions of openbanter (yes, there is one in testing) to non-GPL compiled .pyc files, except on request.

Offline Anubis

• g4g.pl
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 10:39:56 PM »
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 10:41:37 PM by Anubis »

Offline click

• Deadbone Platoon
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2008, 09:39:19 PM »
everyone has an opinion.
I don't think it's a good idea. I mean trying to block cracked servers.  They will not use your plugin, or just decompile plugin files. It's so easy to decompile them [well... python it's a script language in fact] ;) http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=eng&rlz=&=&q=python+decompiler&btnG=Search+w+Google&meta=. It's not worthy ;) Anyway, you just took the free b3 code to use it at your server. It's for free (yeah ;) ). Creating other stuff you can share your knowledge with other people. You have learned something, and maybe others will learn something from you... in my understanding that's the idea.

I think it's pointless to divide people for 'good' and  'bad' because of cracked server... Maybe they will discover or develop something new which will be so useful for us as hell XD. Other hand... why you're trying to fight with pirates? :) Are you from RIAA of smth? Are you from Infinity Ward special forces? Are they paying you for doing this? What's your purpose at this idea? It's not worthy m8.

Deadbone Platoon
B3 Driven CoD Servers

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2008, 09:56:24 PM »
I'd be fine with giving away source, just only to people who ask me. I'm one of the most active users, so I would probably get back to you quickly.
The current version will always be source free.

Offline Anubis

• g4g.pl
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 12:07:33 AM »
Sure m8 ;) It's your choice :)

best regards

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2008, 01:25:51 PM »
Just a quick update, openbanter 0.3 will hopefully be coming today (I ran into an issue), and brings:
working warning for !gj b3
warning for !gj self.
Openbanter 0.4 will hopefully be finished in about a month, which will bring:
logging of all default openbanter command usage to sql tables, so a web interface can be made.

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2008, 07:59:27 PM »
I'd just like to post my ideal case openbanter development until its completion, at 1.0.
0.3: Warns for !obcommand b3 and !obcommand self
0.4: The warn responses (Do not suggest b3 was trying!) are determined in the config, and whether warnings are issued is also.
0.5: Responses stored in database, responses addable from ingame: !obaddphrase gj Good Job!
0.6 All responses and actions are logged in the database >>>>>> Openbanter Web Frontend: 0.1: Basic, a little like xlrstats, shows most !gjed, bantercommand/connection ratio, hall of !fail, etc.
0.7: Remove right to use openbanter commands: !obdisable.                Web Frontend: 0.2 Login, add responses, and hopefully commands from a web interface.
0.8: Every possible option is configurable                              Web frontend: 0.3 Vote for favourite responses, losing response autodeleted.
0.9: Existing bugs fixed, code optimized                        Web frontend: 0.4 Openbanter: Make signatures!
1.0: Final release, command usage sent in a counter to my database for monitoring.

Offline flinkaflenkaflrsk

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2008, 10:48:25 PM »
n1 Bakes!

Offline click

• Deadbone Platoon
Re: Openbanter 0.3
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 03:24:28 AM »
Description:

This plugin responds to user commands such as !gj or !ns with predefined answers. Command levels and responses can be set in the config.

People who have helped me:
Courgette has helped me loads, especially towards 0.2, xlr8or has sent me a few fixes, basically debugging 0.3, and flinkaflenkaflrsk has provided moral support and helpful hints :D

Conditions of Use:
You may not use this plugin for ANY illegal activity, this includes: running on cracked servers, illegal messages.
Changelog :
0.3 : Stable, warns for !openbantercommand b3 and !openbantercommand self. Also uses more simplified code, thanks to xlr8or for this.
0.2release : Stable, multiple commands, sample commands to modify.
0.2.1beta: working, multiple commands, config necessary, commands defined in config.
0.2alpha : Unstable, gives 'There was an error processing your command' due to something to do with sets, should be fixed soon.
0.1final : Put on hold indefinetely, due to 0.2 development starting.
0.1beta : Working, thanks to a fix from Courgette, only !gj works, settings in .py file, config not technically necessary.
0.1alpha : Unstable, gives 'Unrecognized command gj'

Download : v0.3 | source code repository

Your download link just takes me to an upload page.
Deadbone Platoon
B3 Driven CoD Servers

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2008, 07:40:35 AM »
Thanks for the heads up, i've fixed it now.

Offline Bong-Master

« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2008, 07:07:11 PM »
Still a dead Link :P

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything