Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: LimitCon [UrT 4.1]  (Read 3051 times)

Offline BlackMamba

• BlackMamba's Blog
LimitCon [UrT 4.1]
« on: May 20, 2010, 08:04:28 PM »
Description:

I noticed that some players have a new GUID every time they connect (same name, but other GUID). This players were identificated as cheaters or at least their behaviour were fishy. For me it seems that there exists cheats which change the GUID at every connection. That's why I wrote this small plugin.

LimitCon checks how often the name of a connecting player was used, but it counts only players which connected with their GUID only once. If this number is higher as the threshold defined in the xml file, the player get banned for some time (defined in the xml file also).

(Of course a cheater can easily bypass this plugin by using another name, but they are not always so clever :))

Download
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 06:46:54 PM by Courgette »

Offline xlr8or

• [ www.xlrstats.com ]
  • Project Lead
    • The Art of Tactical Gaming
Re: LimitCon [UrT 4.1]
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 09:32:33 PM »
Thanks! Can you upload it to our download section so we get all our plugins in the same location?
I will approve the download when I see you got it in the right place. You can use this topic as the support topic.

Offline BlackMamba

• BlackMamba's Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 10:00:17 PM »
I uploaded it already (I did it before I wrote the first post). I wanted to change the link after approving the upload. Can you see it?

Offline ItsMe

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 01:28:12 PM »
Description:

LimitCon checks how often the name of a connecting player was used, but it counts only players which connected with their GUID only once. If this number is higher as the threshold defined in the xml file, the player get banned for some time (defined in the xml file also).

How did you make sure that not a player get kicked/ banned that is using the same name as the Guy with the changing GUIDs?

Offline BlackMamba

• BlackMamba's Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2010, 05:59:49 PM »
If this (innocent) player connects the first time, the bot will kick him. If it's not the first time, nothing will happen. Of course, it can happen that the bot kicks an innocent player, this is an immanent problem of this method to detect cheating players.

Rate this page +1 at Google Search