Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: Mumble  (Read 6893 times)

Offline BlackMamba

• BlackMamba's Blog
Mumble
« on: October 09, 2010, 10:30:08 PM »
Description: Using this plugin you can interact with a Mumble server (so called Murmur). You can send messages, kick clients, mute and unmute them.

Here are the commands:
!m_msg <mumble_client> <message> - send a message
!m_kick <mumble_client> <reason> - kick an user
!m_mute <mumble_client> - mute an user
!m_unmute <mumble_client> - unmute an user
!m_list - list all users

(Your mumble server needs to have Ice enabled, not dbus.)

Download: http://www.bigbrotherbot.net/forums/downloads/?sa=view;down=111

Offline ryry46d9

• B3 Contrib/Support
    • Pb| clan
Re: Mumble
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 05:51:45 PM »
just a late heads up,
I haven't installed this yet to test, but your install directions are incorrect.

You need to replace "cmdlevel" with "mumble", as this may confuse the first time end user. 

Also I don't know if it matters or not but your string in b3.xml is not laid out like the rest of B3

maybe change the line "<plugin config="@b3/extplugins/conf/cmdlevel.xml" name="cmdlevel" priority="12" />"

to read "<plugin name="mumble" config="@b3/extplugins/conf/cmdlevel.xml"/>" since almost 3/4 of the bots on the master list now use this string style.

Offline metallized

• Scrackers.com
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2011, 01:32:29 AM »
Hi, i test your plugin on my machine an i get this error.

Code: [Select]
110916 18:12:42	BOT    	'Starting Plugin mumble'
110916 18:12:42 DEBUG 'MumblePlugin: 1'
110916 18:12:42 INFO 'STDOUT \'Error: function takes exactly 2 arguments (3 given)\\n  File "/scrackers/bot/1.7.1/b3/__init__.py", line 179, in start\\n    console.start()\\n  File "/scrackers/bot/1.7.1/b3/parser.py", line 460, in start\\n    self.startPlugins()\\n  File "/scrackers/bot/1.7.1/b3/parser.py", line 729, in startPlugins\\n    p.onStartup()\\n  File "/scrackers/bot/1.7.1/b3/plugin.py", line 150, in onStartup\\n    self.startup()\\n  File "/scrackers/bot/1.7.1/b3/extplugins/mumble.py", line 51, in startup\\n    if not self.murmur.connectToServer(serverid):\\n  File "/scrackers/bot/1.7.1/Murmur/MurmurICE.py", line 20, in connectToServer\\n    self.server = self.murmur.getServer(serverid)\\n  File "/scrackers/bot/1.7.1/Murmur/Murmur_ice.py", line 1481, in getServer\\n    return _M_Murmur.Meta._op_getServer.invoke(self, (id, ), _ctx)\\n\''
110916 18:12:42 INFO "STDOUT '\\n'"
110916 18:12:42 BOT    'Shutting down...'

On b3 console say something like
Code: [Select]
Unhandled exception in thread started by
Error in sys.excepthook:

Original exception was:

And close the window.

Offline BlackMamba

• BlackMamba's Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2011, 05:31:09 PM »
I think is doesn't work with python 2.6 and above. I don't know yet how to solve the problem.

Offline metallized

• Scrackers.com
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2011, 05:05:06 PM »
I think is doesn't work with python 2.6 and above. I don't know yet how to solve the problem.
Ok, i hope that you can fix this issue, very nice plugin btw, and one question apart can you think about do this same but for ts3?  ;).

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
  • Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline Prez

• Beta Testers
    • cgs-clan.com
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2012, 11:32:28 AM »
I pulled the updated version from your github repo today and it works like a charme now with Python 2.7. Thanks for the plugin!

Rate this page +1 at Google Search