thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: PowerAdmin MoH  (Read 68761 times)

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
Re: PowerAdmin MoH
« Reply #60 on: November 01, 2010, 11:59:08 AM »
I will let those ideas sink into our head for a couple of days. This will give time to all of you who follow that topic to voice your opinion.

What will come up in the future for sure :
 * make people of above a given B3 level immune to team balance (so if all your clan mates are in the moderator group, then they won't be balanced)
 * make a !scramble command

Offline BetterDeadThanZed

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
« Reply #61 on: November 01, 2010, 01:16:57 PM »
But if you do random, then it may pull the best player on the team, thus unbalancing the teams skill-wise, or yanking someone from getting killstreaks. Like I said, no matter how its made, there are always negatives to some degree. Thats why i think switching the lowest score/connect time is best. The game itself is unbalanced at best anyway, so any given map its usually one sided.
Maybe to alleviate some unbalancing,  the bot/game could auto-scramble the players at the beginning of a new map so its not the same teams, and so players can't stack the teams. (This is of course when the bot 'learns' to scramble.) CoD series does this and I prefer it. New maps and new enemies makes things more fir and interesting.

If you balanced based on the lowest score/shortest time, imagine a team owning another team. The team being owned has a few people leave and let's say it gets to 10v5. Well, now you take the people with the lowest score from the side with 10 and put them on the side with 5 and you still have players owning because all the high scoring players are on one team.

I think random is the best way. I know this is getting complicated, but maybe a setting that lets you choose HOW players are switched? Random, Skill, Time on the server, etc.

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
« Reply #62 on: November 01, 2010, 01:18:30 PM »
I do like the idea of srcanbling the teams at the begining of the round,

Yes! I would LOVE to see that!

Offline foxinabox

• Clan ATRS (Atreides)
« Reply #63 on: November 01, 2010, 07:21:09 PM »
I'm thinking we could balance teams differently when teams are unbalanced because of a player disconnecting. In that case there is no 'culprit' to search for, so it might be interesting in such situation to compute the score sum from both teams and pickup the player to move based on its score.

I do like this idea in the event a server admin isn't on to autobalance in the way of keeping teams fair. However, is there a way to have the bot balance based off of the person skill statistic, and not kill:death score? Most of the time, the players with high skill levels play decent most of the time with very few bad rounds (or obviously their skill level will drop,) so maybe keeping balancing based off of the skill could be the way to go.
xfire: foxinabox85
[email protected]
www.clanatrs.com

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #64 on: November 01, 2010, 08:47:07 PM »
you mean the skill computed by the xlrstats plugin ?

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #65 on: November 01, 2010, 09:37:13 PM »
new release : poweraminmoh v0.9 which adds !scramble
Note that it was unable to test it on a full server. I hope it goes fine. Anyway please report any issue with a nice b3.log

Offline Darkskys

• 82nd Infantry Division
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2010, 05:46:54 PM »
!scramble is working good.

Tested on 24 slot server for the last few hours.

I have logs if you need to see them.

Offline Darkskys

• 82nd Infantry Division
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2010, 06:02:07 PM »
Here is a rather large log file.
All tested well so far.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline foxinabox

• Clan ATRS (Atreides)
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2010, 07:29:32 PM »
you mean the skill computed by the xlrstats plugin ?

No, the skill level that is computed in-game. The scoreboard looks like this:

Code: [Select]
<Name> <skill level> <kills> <deaths> <round score>

However, after thinking about it, auto-balancing based off of this would swap anyone it had to, whether it be the current best on a team, or worst if. the teams are already decently fair, but out of balance. For example:
Code: [Select]
<name> <skill>          |  <name> <skill>
Bob  1222                        Mike 1500
Chaz 3328                       Doug 4532
Mommy 900                     Feliz  330
If it could be configured based off of this stat, it would be similar to what formulas you had on page 4, Courgette, with the round scores. Have the bot add up each team, and swap the player that would balance the closest mathematically. After I thought about it a little though, the better players of the round have a chance to have their scores/killstreaks disrupted this way in the event the other team needs a high skill level to balance out. So maybe if this is possible, have the !scramble or auto-scramble adjust this way to balance teams initiallyin the start of a round, and have !teambalance/!teams balance by teamtime or another way during the round.

As for the !scramble command, is only the command included, or did you try to add an autoscramble also?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2010, 08:06:21 PM by Courgette »
xfire: foxinabox85
[email protected]
www.clanatrs.com

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2010, 08:13:57 PM »
@Darkskys : thanks for the log  ;)

No, the skill level that is computed in-game.
unfortunately the MoH engine does not forward that info to us.

As for the !scramble command, is only the command included, or did you try to add an autoscramble also?
Do you mean that the auto scrambler should scramble automatically at each round start or each level change ?

@All of you : As you must have noticed there is a new MoH server release. Please keep an eye on your b3.log and hunt down any 'ERROR' line that might appears with this new version.

Offline Darkskys

• 82nd Infantry Division
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2010, 10:53:31 PM »
actually there is a error with the new patch not related to the poweradmin plugin.

I have the @nextmap in my adv_plugin and now i'm getting errors.

[attachment deleted by admin]

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
« Reply #71 on: November 03, 2010, 03:03:39 AM »
Do you mean that the auto scrambler should scramble automatically at each round start or each level change ?

I would think at the start of each new map. You wouldn't want to scramble the teams at the end of the round. You want everyone to be able to play each side once.

Offline Darkskys

• 82nd Infantry Division
« Reply #72 on: November 03, 2010, 09:23:23 AM »
I would think at the start of each new map. You wouldn't want to scramble the teams at the end of the round. You want everyone to be able to play each side once.

I have to disagree, I actually had to start !scramble when the offense team pushed to the end of the map in less than ten minutes, (this is on combat mission control)which is extremely fast, and i've seen it before when they move that fast, that when the round ends the other team never makes it out of the first base and then the players start to leave. scramble balanced out my players that the next round the offense gave the defense a good push to the last point.(but we couldn't get it and lost.)(i was one of the people who got scrambled and ended up playing offense twice).Honestly not one person said a word about being scrambled.

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #73 on: November 03, 2010, 09:48:38 AM »
So let say we gonna have :

!autoscramble off
!autoscramble round
!autoscramble map

Will that satisfy all needs ?

Offline Darkskys

• 82nd Infantry Division