Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
The creator of these plugins has not shown activity in a while. Posting in this board may not result in a fast reply or a reply at all. [ Read the full Support Disclaimer here ]
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: Mapcycle plugin [Urt4.1]  (Read 18466 times)

Offline flinkaflenkaflrsk

Mapcycle plugin [Urt4.1]
« on: February 01, 2009, 03:14:59 PM »
Description:

This plugin- provides a solution for mapcycle management for Urban Terror.
We found it pretty annoying that after a mapvote the cycle would return to the first map in the mapcycle.txt file.
This plugin will continue where the mapcycle left off before the vote. It comes with a part for the B3 bot, which
can managae mapcycle and gametype. And a part which you can implement in your echelon. It will need to create 3
new tables in total for full functionality. 2 tables for basic functionality.

Changelog :
24-01-2009 v 0.0.2 - Webfront created revamp of the whole code and posibility to use different server identifiers - Flinkaflenkaflrsk
01-02-2009 v 0.0.3 - First plugin status for tryout - Flinkaflenkaflrsk
02-02-2009 v 0.0.4 - Changed the stop minutes and webfront "server" naming - Flinkaflenkaflrsk
28-02-2009 v 0.0.5 - made timer obsolete it is not needed in this context - Flinkaflenkaflrsk

Download : v0.0.5

Note : this plugin does not work if you are using B3 in remote FTP mode
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 11:40:09 AM by Courgette »

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
Re: Mapcycle plugin [Urt4.1]
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2009, 04:55:59 PM »
It is a nice idea :) Trying it right now.

I'm confused with the tabs called 'server1' to 7 on the echelon page 'mapselection.php'.... what are those ? If there are to match the 'mapcyclenumber' of the plugin config, wouldn't it make more sense to call those tabs mapcycle1..7 ?

Also, when using that plugin, do we have to disable the classic macycle option in ioUrTded config ?

Why stopminutes ? Wouldn't it be better to set the nextmap let say 30 sec after the begining of the round, instead of 'stopminutes' before the end of the round. Because if your round timelimit is 20 minutes, and stopminutes is 2, and someone call a nextmap vote at 5 min, this vote would be overridden by the plugin, am I right ?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2009, 05:24:00 PM by Courgette »

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2009, 07:50:50 PM »
i'm thinking that this is like the maprotation plugin, so yes, you do have to have this instead of your stock. But I haven't seen it, so I can't tell you with any certainty.

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2009, 09:56:59 PM »
It is a nice idea :) Trying it right now.

I'm confused with the tabs called 'server1' to 7 on the echelon page 'mapselection.php'.... what are those ? If there are to match the 'mapcyclenumber' of the plugin config, wouldn't it make more sense to call those tabs mapcycle1..7 ?
Yes, it is because the basic idea was 1 mapcycle per server so that can be changed :)

Also, when using that plugin, do we have to disable the classic macycle option in ioUrTded config ?

It does not interfere with the classic server side configuration. If you turn off this mapcycle by using the command it will fall back on to the server one.

Why stopminutes ? Wouldn't it be better to set the nextmap let say 30 sec after the begining of the round, instead of 'stopminutes' before the end of the round. Because if your round timelimit is 20 minutes, and stopminutes is 2, and someone call a nextmap vote at 5 min, this vote would be overridden by the plugin, am I right ?
the stop minutes should at least be longer then the warmup time in front of each map, since B3 does not seem to differentiate and both sees them as a  game round start. If it is not longer then that it will mean that it will increase the counter by +2 every new map and therefore would skip one in the mapcyle.
The reason i have named them stop minutes (althought I think I will change it now) is because we run a more extended version of this plugin on our servers which require calculations from the end of the map :)

Thanks for your feedback!

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2009, 11:37:31 AM »
Version 0.0.5 released

Cleaned up some of the redundant code and took out a small bug

Offline ripp

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 07:36:55 AM »
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 05:04:05 PM by ripp »

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 11:17:51 PM »
that is symptomatic of a php error, can you check your webserver/php log to extract the matching error message ?

Offline ripp

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 11:28:54 PM »
If i can find it you bet...  checking now

Offline ripp

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 01:49:47 AM »
I have the server hosted on solidgameservers.com, i have a ticket in for them to figure out if i can get to the php.log because i see it no where.  Is this error being display on the screen have something to do why when adding maps to the queue it goes to a white screen and stops, never inserting the data into the database?  Maybe something else i might check out in the meantime?

Offline misamix

• UrT SRBIJA
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 09:04:29 AM »
is this works on remote running b3?

i cant setup on remote

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 11:40:52 AM »
No, B3 has to run on game server for this plugin to work

Offline Tiracon

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2010, 04:41:52 PM »
hello,
i have the same problem

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /var/www/echelon/mapselection.php:4) in /var/www/echelon/login/inc_authorize.php on line 3

this mistake is only on Mapcycle Management (echlon works great)
i can't find a log what can help :(

so i hope anyone can help me

thanks
Tira

Offline bagu

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 10:39:01 PM »
Hi,

i have some maps which name don't start by ut_ neither ut4_
How can i add them please ?

Offline iShOxX

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2010, 02:56:42 PM »
Can this plugin work with ftp?To locate the mapcycle with ftp

Offline BlackMamba

• BlackMamba's Blog
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 12:23:02 PM »
I have bomb mode with swap roles activated on my UrT server. It seems that not only after map change this plugin changes next map, but also after swapping the roles. (I think the event EVT_GAME_WARMUP is not the correct one, since there is a warm up also after roles are swapped. But I don't find a better event.) Is there another solution?

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything