Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: Hardcore Infantry Only Plugin for BF3  (Read 17521 times)

Offline surt

Re: Hardcore Infantry Only Plugin for BF3
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2012, 11:09:51 AM »
Yes, server setttings is Hardcoresettings without vehicle and gamemod is Rush

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
  • Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2012, 02:43:10 PM »
Yes, server setttings is Hardcoresettings without vehicle and gamemod is Rush
Please follow the directions below:
Can you post a b3.log showing this so the developer can look at it?
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline Freelander

• XLRstats dev.
  • Dev. Team
« Reply #17 on: February 29, 2012, 10:30:50 AM »
I think you say that you start the bot and the plugin creates vehicles in the game. If this is the case, please wait one round and all should be ok when the new round starts. i.e. you shouldn't have vehicles in the game but when you check the battlelog vehicles must be "on".

If you're still having problems, please send your b3.log as MordyT suggested.

Offline surt

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 11:06:58 PM »
120302 22:42:05   BOT       'Loading Plugin #16 hardcoreinfantry [C:\\!!!SERVER!!!\\GiZ\\BF3-Bot\\b3\\conf\\plugin_hardcoreinfantry.xml]'
120302 22:42:05   INFO   'hardcoreinfantry is not a built-in plugin (No module named hardcoreinfantry)'
120302 22:42:05   INFO   'trying external plugin directory : C:\\!!!SERVER!!!\\GiZ\\BF3-Bot\\b3\\extplugins'
120302 22:42:05   BOT       'HardcoreinfantryPlugin: Loading config C:\\!!!SERVER!!!\\GiZ\\BF3-Bot\\b3\\conf\\plugin_hardcoreinfantry.xml for HardcoreinfantryPlugin'
120302 22:42:05   BOT       'HardcoreinfantryPlugin: No config file found for HardcoreinfantryPlugin. (was not required either)'
120302 22:42:05   DEBUG   'Register Event: Stop Process: HardcoreinfantryPlugin'
120302 22:42:05   DEBUG   'Register Event: Program Exit: HardcoreinfantryPlugin'
120302 22:42:05   BOT       'Plugin hardcoreinfantry (0.1 - Freelander) loaded'

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
  • Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2012, 12:04:51 AM »
We need the whole log. The entire thing showing that the plugin enabled the vehicles.

Not just the line showing the plugin being loaded
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline surt

« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2012, 01:00:34 AM »
here my logfile

[attachment deleted by maintenance]

Offline Freelander

• XLRstats dev.
  • Dev. Team
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2012, 11:19:46 AM »
I don't see any problem in the log you attached but that's not enough to understand. I need to look at a bigger log where you play a few rounds.

Offline surt

« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2012, 03:12:52 PM »
here is my new logfile, i have played allone 3 rounds on our server.

Offline Freelander

• XLRstats dev.
  • Dev. Team
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2012, 10:35:23 AM »
I don't see any problem in the logs. The plugin seems to be working as it should be. I suppose after the first round you shouldn't have vehicles. Anyways, I'll try to test this in a rush server.

Offline surt

« Reply #24 on: March 06, 2012, 09:32:34 AM »
Thanks, I'm waiting for your answer. Maybe it works even in the "Rush" mode does not. Every time the server switches to Custom Hardcore, join vehicles.

Offline surt

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2012, 10:17:53 PM »
have you found the problem?

Offline 40-1 Toffees

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2012, 10:45:51 PM »
Hi Freelander,

Thanks for the plugin mate.  One question.  Once its installed, should I not use !loadconfig to import my normal hardcore setup and map rotation list?  Am I also correct in thinking that when the map first starts, there will be vehicles but they won' respawn?  I only ask because I've installed the plugin, restarted b3, did a !maptrotate and I'm seeing tanks but they dont appear to respawn.

Cheers
Toffees

http://pastebin.com/isUKmcUx
Lines 713-717 seem to show the vehicleSpawnAllowed being set to false, but then further down at 765-767 it gets set back to true.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 11:18:12 PM by Toffees »

Offline Freelander

• XLRstats dev.
  • Dev. Team
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2012, 03:45:09 PM »
@Toffees, plugin loads the hardcore settings when you start B3. You don't need to load any setting afterwards. Normally you shouldn't see the combat vehicles at all. (Jeeps will still spawn)

Currently I can only confirm that this plugin works as expected in SQDM. Still need to test in Rush and Conquest servers.

@surt, sorry not yet. I'll try to do it ASAP.

Offline Freelander

• XLRstats dev.
  • Dev. Team
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2012, 08:22:31 PM »
@surt and Toffees, can you please download and try this version below and let me know if it works?

Offline kmconstable

« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2012, 08:35:41 PM »
I can say this only works for one round for me in conquest.  Not sure why.  I will not have vehicles when I restart the server with infantry only settings.  Then I start B3 and enter the game with no vehicles.  Don't have to wait one map.  However the nextmap will then have vehicles again.  Anyway since I see only that you have tested it with squad deathmatch I will test it there to see if the behavior persists.  I have attached my log file. http://pastebin.com/WHbQ6rvD

FYI I did try the newer version of the plugin that was above my first post.  It works better, but in rush when you take both mcoms and it changes to the next the vehicles respawn.  In conquest they respawn when tickets are really low on some maps and for no apparent reason on Karkand as well.  Just thought I would let you know.  I really appreciate the work on this plugin.  Thanks.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 01:52:21 AM by kmconstable »

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything