thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
The creator of these plugins has not shown activity in a while. Posting in this board may not result in a fast reply or a reply at all. [ Read the full Support Disclaimer here ]
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: Dynamic Login  (Read 21086 times)

Offline learco

Re: Dynamic Login
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2010, 08:12:14 PM »
thank you so much!
that i don't understand is this:
if i had 3 computers, computers could change ips and guids.
so how can i avoid login again?  :o  :D

Offline grosbedo

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2010, 12:31:31 AM »
if i had 3 computers, computers could change ips and guids.
so how can i avoid login again?  :o  :D

In my example, I supposed that the 3 computers all had static IPs and consistent guids, but indeed if your computers have dynamic IPs and changing guids, then you cannot help login again.

But at least, with this plugin, it's possible to login and get back your privileges. Before, you would have to either ask another admin to !putgroup you or manually hack the SQL database. A login system is much more convenient.

Offline learco

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2010, 06:44:48 AM »
In my example, I supposed that the 3 computers all had static IPs and consistent guids, but indeed if your computers have dynamic IPs and changing guids, then you cannot help login again.

But at least, with this plugin, it's possible to login and get back your privileges. Before, you would have to either ask another admin to !putgroup you or manually hack the SQL database. A login system is much more convenient.
it's great!
then nr. *2 duplicate the account "name" with "name" with the same privileges or "every name" with same privileges.
duplicate an account with any names but with the same privileges.
is it?

Offline grosbedo

« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2010, 04:47:46 PM »
It duplicates the privileges you had before to your current client, whatever your name may be.

Offline learco

« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2010, 06:30:32 PM »
It duplicates the privileges you had before to your current client, whatever your name may be.
perfect, on the contrary this new name is save on the database with privileges instead of *1.
yeah?  8)

Offline grosbedo

« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 08:03:18 PM »
perfect, on the contrary this new name is save on the database with privileges instead of *1.
yeah?  8)

With type 2, the old name still keep its privilege. With type 1, it happens as you describe, the new name replace the old name.

Offline learco

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 08:10:14 PM »
With type 2, the old name still keep its privilege. With type 1, it happens as you describe, the new name replace the old name.
perfect! thank you very much! now i find with set it correctly!

Offline grosbedo

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2010, 01:01:29 AM »
perfect! thank you very much! now i find with set it correctly!

I hope this plugin will fit your needs :)

As an advice : you should disable the security fallback feature during your tests and setup, and enable it only when you're finished (this option will prevent any public disclosure of an account login and password - ie : you can use /tell, but not /say or /say_team)

Offline learco

« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2010, 09:13:25 AM »
very good!
thank you for your suggestion!
now i'll try i it immediately!
thank you again!

Offline danger89

• JoinMyServer - Game Servers
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2011, 05:21:14 PM »
Too bad that CoD4 doesn't understand /tell command on client side  :'( So this plugin is not usable for me.
JoinMyServer.com
Call of Duty 4 Game Servers

Offline agodio

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2012, 08:11:40 AM »
Hello!!

first of all I have to congratulate you, this plugin is very useful.

I have a cod mw2 server, running with alterrev. In theese servers nobody can open the console to write /tell, we just have say and say_team chat, so everybody could see our attempts to login.

but when we write something after "/" symbol, it doesn't appear in the whole server using either say or say_team chat, so I want to know if there is any possibility to change the "!" to "/" just for dynamiclogin or all b3, it's the same.

thanks a lot!!!

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2012, 08:27:42 AM »
you can change the command prefix in the admin plugin config file. Search for command_prefix

Offline agodio

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2012, 11:31:02 AM »
you can change the command prefix in the admin plugin config file. Search for command_prefix

I realized that writing

/!loginaccount user pass

instead of

!loginaccount user pass

nobody can see it and it still works

thanks for your piece of advice but I cant use "/" as a command prefix, I think it is because of "/" is a languaje reserved character of xml. I'll try usin &frasl instead of /.

thanks alot!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 11:34:44 PM by agodio »

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything