Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
The creator of these plugins has not shown activity in a while. Posting in this board may not result in a fast reply or a reply at all. [ Read the full Support Disclaimer here ]
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: Wideban  (Read 13627 times)

Offline grosbedo

Wideban
« on: August 21, 2010, 01:30:21 PM »
Here is a new plugin I quickly made (but extensively tested), because I found the current permban to be not efficient enough on OpenArena. Indeed, I noticed that a banned user with a different guid than he had before can reconnect and play, even if his ip and name are the same. This is due to the fact that it's easy to change one's guid in this game.

To circumvent that, Ive made a plugin that checks all Ban penalties in the database, and compare the ip, guid and pbid found to the current client at connection : if one of these criterias match, then the client is kicked/banned once more and a notice is issued in the log.

Wideban v0.1.3 (2010-09-14)

Download
Primary : http://www.bigbrotherbot.net/forums/downloads/?sa=view;down=84

Description
This passive plugin modify the behaviour of permban : instead of looking for a matching client_id, it will look for a penalty with the same ip or same guid or same pbid (you can configure which ones are checked).

If such a client is found, this probably means that he is trying to bypass his ban. In this case, another kick/ban is issued against this client, with his new datas (like id, ip, guid and pbid) and you can say a public message to notify all users.

This plugin is totally passive : you just have to load it into your bot, and you're good to go !

Useage
Just !permban someone, and the plugin will check at each client connection for the ip, guid or pbid.
It works for your already existing penalties table too (the plugin is retroactive).

Changelog
Code: [Select]
2010-08-21 - 0.1 - GrosBedo
 - first public release.

2010-08-21 - v0.1.1 - GrosBedo
 - fixed a possible bug with empty guid or pbid.

2010-08-21 - v0.1.2 - GrosBedo
 - optimized the algorithm, no more action queue list overflow
 - attempts are now saved in the db as new penalty (with the new client id, ip, guid and pbid)

2010-09-14 - v0.1.3 - GrosBedo
 - fixed a bug with empty fields
 - register on authentication rather than on client connection, should avoid some unrecognized player bugs

[attachment deleted by maintenance]
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 11:31:50 PM by grosbedo »

Offline grosbedo

Re: Wideban
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2010, 04:19:00 PM »
Update : v0.1.2 which optimize the algo a lot and fixes the action queue list overflow bug. Now it should work like a charm, tested and approved on my side with a server full of people (16 in OA is many).

Offline grosbedo

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2010, 11:32:37 PM »
v0.1.3 out to fix some issues as reported in the following thread :

http://www.bigbrotherbot.net/forums/plugins-by-courgette/duel-plugin/msg15097/?topicseen#msg15097

Offline zet

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 03:45:22 AM »
Hi, noticed that the plugin will ban the same way those players whose punishment abolished.

Offline WickedShell

• GitHub - WickedShell
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 05:52:49 AM »
Having wideban on a number of servers, it's very useful but it's very difficult when people make a bad ban, and we have to unban them, it becomes an issue. This happens because when a ban is deactivated it is left in the ban table. To unban people and let wideban not reban them I have to manual remove every ban entry in the penalities table, even though they where deactivated.

What would be nice is if we could get the sql query modified so that it checks that the ban is not inactive. Then the entry would not need to be manually deleted.

Just a suggestion/request beforeI go change the code that we're running... :)

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
  • Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 04:26:27 PM »
Having wideban on a number of servers, it's very useful but it's very difficult when people make a bad ban, and we have to unban them, it becomes an issue. This happens because when a ban is deactivated it is left in the ban table. To unban people and let wideban not reban them I have to manual remove every ban entry in the penalities table, even though they where deactivated.

What would be nice is if we could get the sql query modified so that it checks that the ban is not inactive. Then the entry would not need to be manually deleted.

Just a suggestion/request beforeI go change the code that we're running... :)
Oh really... Been banging my head into a wall figuring out why this user can't unban another user...

Just remove the ban entry altogether? Will that cause any issues down the road?
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline WickedShell

• GitHub - WickedShell
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2011, 05:01:29 PM »
Sorry. Only just saw this. The issue with removing it all together is that it will remove all evidence of the ban from the database and echelon. But I did get impatient and fix it on the servers I have, and it seems to be perfectly stable/working well so I might as well share the changes  ;)

I made a github branch for this; it's the same as everything Grosbedo has done, only if you deactivate a ban, it will respect that, and I fixed it reading notices from echelon as bans as well.

It's avalible here. The only file you will need to update is extplugins/wideban.py assuming you were at Grosbedo's most recent release.

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
    • MordyT
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2011, 05:23:01 PM »
Thank you very much.

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline Thomaxius

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 10:16:36 PM »
Might be a stupid question, but does it check for any bans, or just !permban 's?
Cause in my server, all we do is !b and the guy gets banned for 38.7 years.

Offline Netsky

• Netsky Server
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 09:39:23 AM »
Sorry for bumping an old thread.

But the !unban command will not work with this. Wideban will continue to ban, unless manually deleting the ban from the database.

Offline Fragmeister

• Serveur FRAG on Urban terror
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2013, 05:01:46 PM »
Is this plugin still useful with B3 1.9.0 ?
Because I think that in the last stable version, b3 add automatically the new IP of a reconnecting banned player in the banlist. Is it true ?
Website of my urt server : www.frag-urt.com/

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
    • MordyT
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2013, 02:45:38 PM »
As far as I know, it records it, but doesn't add any bans based on IP.

Plus wideban does check much more.

Offline Fragmeister

• Serveur FRAG on Urban terror
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2013, 11:34:31 PM »
Ok thanks I'll remove this wideban plugin, moreover he create bug in history in echelon, player banned who reconnect get banned by...their selves !
And I've found in b3 log that there is a AddIp command when permbanned players reconnect from b3 so I think b3 add automatically new IP of banned.
Website of my urt server : www.frag-urt.com/

Offline momoplayer

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2014, 09:14:14 PM »
Hello everybody,
I have a question and hope to get some support here.
I want to change the wideban to get a little more functionality. As I understand, wideban compares player ip's with banned peoples' ip's and then bans the guide...

I want only to reban for bans with a maximum age of six months...

Here you are my wideban script (the original one) http://pastebin.com/CCJg3VRE

I thought I could add something like this

Code: [Select]
if console.time() - self.client.penalty.timeAdd > 180:
                    whereclient = ''

I hope you can help me

Thanks in purpose and sorry for my bad English (I am German ;D)

Offline ph03n1x

• Lovers and Haters Urban Terror
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2014, 02:07:09 AM »
Firstly, it checks IP, GUID and PBID. Then is any of those matches an existing ban, the client will be re-banned.

Secondly, I do not understand what you are trying to do completely. Do you mean that when someone tries to evade bans and is caught by this plugin, you want the plugin to ban them for another 6 months?

cu :)

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything