Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: Reserved slots plugin (for registered users only)  (Read 5769 times)

Offline sgt

• B3 Contrib/Support
Reserved slots plugin (for registered users only)
« on: March 19, 2012, 04:16:25 PM »
How this work:

If you have 16 slots (it can handle private slots also, so don't worry), and 2 reserved slots, it will allow all players to connect, until it reach 14 connected players, after that, only level 1 and up are allowed to connect.
For level 0 user a message will be shown indicating some steps to follow to be a registered player and will be kicked.
Once the limit is reached, a level 0 user will be kicked every time a higher level is connected. At the end, with a full server, all players will be level 1 and higher.

----

Download: http://forum.bigbrotherbot.net/downloads/?sa=view;down=189

Offline MordyT

• Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
Re: Reserved slots plugin (for registered users only)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 06:38:58 PM »
That is pretty awesome.
I see this being used a VIP plugin, that is if the level can be changed.
A little like a spinoff of the makeroom plugin with automation.

Cool idea.
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline sgt

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 08:11:33 PM »
That is pretty awesome.

Thanks  :)

I see this being used a VIP plugin, that is if the level can be changed.

Thats the idea actually, I've been using it in my servers for a while now, and decided to released it.

Offline Kasra

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 06:54:23 PM »
Great plugin, tnx.
I was just wondering, How can I use it they way that it forgets about the registered ones and only players in level 20 or higher(for example) can join to that 2 reserved slots.
Or even, when the server is full, it only kicks players if a level 20 or higher attempts to join. That would be better I think.
I can explain more if I'm not so clear.

Offline sgt

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 08:46:05 PM »
Great plugin, tnx.
I was just wondering, How can I use it they way that it forgets about the registered ones and only players in level 20 or higher(for example) can join to that 2 reserved slots.
Or even, when the server is full, it only kicks players if a level 20 or higher attempts to join. That would be better I think.
I can explain more if I'm not so clear.

Be sure to update your plugin to 1.0.2 and edit the 'min_level' parameter in the plugin config file.

Offline Kasra

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 04:02:49 PM »
Be sure to update your plugin to 1.0.2 and edit the 'min_level' parameter in the plugin config file.
Thanks for the update
Can I disable this part?:
Once the limit is reached, a level 0 user will be kicked every time a higher level is connected. At the end, with a full server, all players will be level 1 and higher.
I just want to have the reserved slots, then when we joined we can kick someone that we think is better.

Offline Fragmeister

• Serveur FRAG on Urban terror
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 08:39:30 AM »
Nice pkugin !
It can be better if the plugin watch the number of connection of the players, the player who has the smallest number of connection get kicked in priority
Website of my urt server : www.frag-urt.com/

Offline ans_ashkan

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 11:32:31 AM »
Hi
i installed this plugin but it kicks the admin if server get full

Offline sgt

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2013, 02:11:05 PM »
Hi
i installed this plugin but it kicks the admin if server get full

Never had such problem. Something is missconfigured. Attach your b3.log when an admin get kicked and the plugin config file.

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything