Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!

Author Topic: Re: Your Metabans.com account  (Read 4038 times)

Offline BetterDeadThanZed

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
Re: Your Metabans.com account
« on: July 01, 2011, 02:08:04 AM »
Does anyone know how to cancel your metabans account?

I removed it from my B3's because I noticed a lot more crashes of my MW2 servers after adding this. The extra stress on the server's rcon was too much. Since I stopped it, the crashes have been greatly reduced.

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
  • Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 04:07:37 AM »
Sad to see you go.
I would contact phouge...
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline Hellwing

• BsK Legion
    • BaseShock
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2011, 06:10:47 AM »
The metabans plugin shouldn't cause more crashes as it only sends rcon commands on request(aka when a command is executed), and all the processing is done by b3... interesting...
BsK Legion

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 10:01:25 AM »
The metabans plugin shouldn't cause more crashes as it only sends rcon commands on request(aka when a command is executed), and all the processing is done by b3... interesting...

With MW2, if you have too many rcon requests, it will crash the server. This was a big problem with B3 and MW2 when B3 first started to support MW2. I had to have everything disabled except basic admin functions, or else my servers crashed constantly. With changes that were made to B3 since then, the crashes from too many rcon commands aren't common anymore, unless you're really using a lot of plugins, and I am using a lot of plugins, so the added rcon activity from Metabans proved too much for the shoddy MW2 server code.

Offline Hellwing

• BsK Legion
    • BaseShock
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 08:20:21 PM »
No. Most rcon problems were fixed in 0.3b . 90% of your server crashes are from the gsc compiler crapping itself, or the server encountering strange errors (on remote kicking players by the master server, aka steam clientkick 4) . The metabans plugin only sends rcon say messages when you want to execute a command handled by the plugin, and the plugin responds. All other processing is done by b3 itself.
BsK Legion

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2011, 12:32:14 AM »
No. Most rcon problems were fixed in 0.3b . 90% of your server crashes are from the gsc compiler crapping itself, or the server encountering strange errors (on remote kicking players by the master server, aka steam clientkick 4) . The metabans plugin only sends rcon say messages when you want to execute a command handled by the plugin, and the plugin responds. All other processing is done by b3 itself.

Here's the simplified reply from what I posted to you in the alterIW forums:

I had the metabans plugin running. I had lots of crashes.
I removed the metabans plugin and the crashes nearly stopped.

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything