Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: ConfigManager [CoD|CoD:UO|CoD2|UrT|WoP]  (Read 19571 times)

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
Re: ConfigManager [CoD|CoD:UO|CoD2|UrT|WoP]
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2010, 10:09:06 AM »
what B3 version do you use ?
Looking at your logs, I can see the missing InitGame lines but I have no clue why it reacts as such. I only seen such a case with Smokin' Guns server so far.

I'll investigate this further when I'll be @home. If you are using a pre 1.2.1 version of the bot, please update and see how it goes (keep the b3.egg-info folder as well)

Offline feralboy

« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2010, 03:04:04 PM »
It's supposed to be the latest (1.2.1) version of B3.  However, when I do the !B3 command in game it tells me the version is unknown.  Is there another place in the .py files I can check to confirm the version?

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2010, 03:11:25 PM »
the version is hold in the b3.egg-info folder

Offline feralboy

« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2010, 05:35:37 PM »
I'm certain this is a setup / configuration issue but since I did not setup the B3 install, I'm not sure where the issue lies.  By looking at the games.log file, though, I did see that the warmup event was being called correcly, so I modified the configmanager.py file and added event for the game warmup (self.registerEvent(b3.events.EVT_GAME_WARMUP)) and then added an if statement to catch the game warmup.  This seems to be working, so we'll call it a win.  Thanks for your help.

Offline Fragmeister

• Serveur FRAG on Urban terror
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2011, 05:01:12 PM »
Hi,

I have installed this plugin successfully.

But I do not understand how that work... What does i do for this plugin execute a config file ?

PS: Sorry I don't speak english very good  :-X
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 06:57:04 PM by Fragmeister »
Website of my urt server : www.frag-urt.com/

Offline gabarram

« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2011, 10:32:39 PM »

Offline gabarram

« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2011, 04:15:21 PM »

Offline xlr8or

• [ www.xlrstats.com ]
  • Project Lead
    • The Art of Tactical Gaming
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2011, 07:10:47 PM »
The plugin executes server config files. Not B3 config files. So you'll have to look at your server config file for the format.

This plugin executes configs based on gametypes and mapnames if they exist in your
games main or fs_game folder. It will first look if a
b3_<gametype>_<mapname>.cfg exists and execute it. If it doesn't exist, it checks
for a b3_<gametype>.cfg. If none of them exist, it will look for b3_main.cfg. This
file makes it possible to reset certain cvars or execute volatile settings.

Offline gabarram

« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2011, 10:11:28 PM »
The plugin executes server config files. Not B3 config files. So you'll have to look at your server config file for the format.

Ok, understood. Thanks for the response.
I am completely overwhelmed with this plugin.
But the plugin xml you provide along the .py file has empty settings, how do I fill that? What does it look like an already set up plugin?

<configuration plugin="configmanager">
  <settings name="settings">
  </settings>
</configuration>

Offline seanbarr1988

• NitroServers
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 09:25:39 PM »
Just a small thing i noticed using this plugin which is awesome :)

on urban terror  Death Match (DM) is known as Free For All

so  b3_ffa.cfg  which would be the proper format doesnt work

but b3_dm.cfg does :)

Offline gabarram

« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2011, 05:29:00 AM »

Offline Fantasy

« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 01:27:02 PM »
I cant actually get this plugin to work with B3 running not on the same machine as the gameserver.
I have a rented Gameserver which is running on a Windows machine and the B3 running on my linux rootserv.
The plugin can't find the configs (which is normal since there is no C:\blabla\blublbub\myserv\main\b3_war.cfg on my linux serv!) and therefore does not execute anything.

I even tried to modify the plugin itself so it will search on a different location than fs_homepath on the linux machine but it seems to fail too, cause it doesnt execute anything on the server.

My idea to resolve the problem is that u simply could set a path in a configmanager.xml where it has to search for the configs and then it simply issues a 'exec b3_<gametype>_<map>.cfg' command. Of course it would need to have those configs in his main (or mod) folder on the external machine too in order to get this work, but i cant think of any other possibility to support external gameservers with this plugin. (ftpytail would be n option too of course ..)
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 01:29:00 PM by Fantasy »

Offline xlr8or

• [ www.xlrstats.com ]
  • Project Lead
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 08:52:25 PM »
The plugin is indeed limited to installs where the game is on the same machine as B3.

It uses python OS file system access to determine which config file is available. That won't work remotely.

The design won't allow simple modification to allow remote functionality. It would take a complete different approach to get this to work, if possible at all...

Offline Fantasy

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2011, 01:56:57 PM »
That's sad to hear. This plugin would be great to put two different gamemodes on one CoD 4 Server.

Any Idea on how to realize this plugin on a remote machine? Like what i wrote earlier to just set the homepath manually in the plugin to something on my linux machine and let B3 check there for a config file and then send an exec command to the remote server? (of course there would be a config on the remote machine too)

Offline xlr8or

• [ www.xlrstats.com ]
  • Project Lead
« Reply #29 on: June 30, 2011, 11:21:39 AM »
What I can do is simply add a config option to disable checking if the configfile exists and bluntly let the plugin execute the file. If the config does not exist it will fail to load anyways. I'm not sure how the server will respond to it tho, you will have to test that yourself.

I'll work on it...

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything