thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: PowerAdminUrt 1.4.0+ for Urban Terror!  (Read 53756 times)

Offline PsYc0TiC

• Owner of BitchNipples Servers (Running B3)
Re: PowerAdminUrt 1.4.0+ for Urban Terror!
« Reply #60 on: May 26, 2011, 10:19:09 PM »
the !pagear command is just a nice way to manage your g_gear cvar, so it is limited to the way the g_gear cvar work (see official UrT server doc )

If you want finer control over what weapon/item you want to allow on your server, then have a look at the following plugins:

yea thanks... but I was looking for something that didn't have warnings or anything like that but just disallow the item

Tahhnks anyway

Offline Garreth

« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2011, 11:52:09 AM »
Hey!

I was wondering if it is possible, to add one functionality to the rotation manager. Currently, after switching from one map cycle to another, the cycle starts from the beginning. What would be great, is saving last map and last gamemode from each cycle in the database, then when the number of players change from one level to another, it would be possible to set next map and g_gametype according to what was previously.

Thanks for considering this.

Offline BlumentopfErde

• Bleilust
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2011, 05:55:09 PM »
Hi, xlr8or,

we had a little issue in our server.cfg: g_allowvote was empty:
Code: [Select]
g_allowvote=""

This issue caused an exception in poweradminurt, line 233:
self._origvote = self.console.getCvar('g_allowvote').getInt()

I would recommend to wrap around this line an try..except, like you do it a few lines later with g_gear:
try:
except:
    self.origvote = 0

Greetz
BlumentopfErde

Offline xlr8or

• [ www.xlrstats.com ]
  • Project Lead
    • The Art of Tactical Gaming
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2011, 06:23:12 PM »
Hi, xlr8or,

we had a little issue in our server.cfg: g_allowvote was empty:
g_allowvote=""

This issue caused an exception in poweradminurt, line 233:

I would recommend to wrap around this line an try..except, like you do it a few lines later with g_gear:
try:
except:
    self.origvote = 0

Greetz
BlumentopfErde
Got it, thanks.

Offline Garreth

« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2011, 02:05:19 PM »
Hi,
    [For TeamDeathMatch]
  The current team balancer moves players to ensure same number of players per team. But this does not take skill into account, and sometimes produces "unbalanced" teams. Also, there is no way to balance teams by skill (when, by luck all the noobs end up on one team and the elite on the other)

We wish to make "fair" teams. Fairness being determined by each team having the same cumulative kill:death ratio.

As a first attempt, we extended poweradminurt with two functions: minmove and skuffle.

Minmove is intended as a replacement for the current balancer, and tries to achieve fair teams with minimum number of player moves between teams.
  Skuffle (skill-shuffle) produces fair teams by shuffling, and is intended as a replacement for pashuffle which restarts the game.

The code is available at https://github.com/tomyl/b3-plugin-poweradminurt

In the future, we propose the plugin use XLRstats where available instead of just current scores.

This is more of a proof of concept (and RFC) than production ready. Would you consider adding such functionality to poweradminurt?

thanks
and regards
ZeroBIT & tomyl

Hello,

Have you ever considered adding an option, to make autoskuffle if the skill difference is higher than desired value?

Offline ZeroBIT

« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2011, 10:27:58 PM »
Hello,

Have you ever considered adding an option, to make autoskuffle if the skill difference is higher than desired value?

Hi, we have thought about it, but _for now_ it feels best to leave that decision to the admins and mods. As a first step we want to use !minmove to replace !teams. The Riyadh Playground admin is helping us test this.

The next step is to add suggestions when !bal is called (do nothing, use minmoves, use skuffle)
At this same time we also want to normalize the value returned by !bal to a value between 0-1. We think this will help find the "desired values" in a better way.

Finally, if there is enough interest, we could look at having the autobalancer use minmoves or skuffle... I don't know if Courgette has any thoughts on this.

Do check out the latest version we released a few weeks ago, it has several improvements in the skill calculation, and as a bonus skuffle distributes SR-8 snipers to both teams (so you don't have a sniper nest dominating the game).

From our experience: if !bal returns 0-4 do nothing. 4-8 use minmoves, anything higher skuffle is best. We also want to fix the code so minmoves will call skuffle automatically if needed.

Sorry, i veered off-topic a bit, but we would love to get feedback.

cheers
ZeroBIT (& tomyl)

Offline ZeroBIT

« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2011, 01:45:58 AM »
Hello,

Now we have done _exactly_ that! check out the latest release :-)

Thanks for the suggestion and feedback...

ZeroBIT & tomyl

Offline Belguinha

« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2011, 12:18:18 AM »
Hi,
as mentioned, can you add a variable that retains last played map on all list, so when changing list it will not repeat the same maps?

Regards

Offline Leito

• Beta Testers
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2011, 12:29:20 AM »
Hi there! On my server, the !teams command does not seem to be working. I believe I have configured it properly. When someone calls !teams, B3 says they are now balanced however there was no force. Here is a portion of my log file and from my powerurtadmin.xml. Running B3 1.7.1

EDIT: I just realized there is a newer version. I will install it and report back.

2nd EDIT: The new code works great. Also, the new skill based shuffling is quite awesome! There are however quite a few bugs in the form of messages that are written as self.console.write() instead of self.console.say() or client.message(). Other than that, it works great.

« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 05:34:45 PM by Leito »

Offline Leito

• Beta Testers
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2011, 05:35:04 PM »
3rd EDIT: After further testing, it still does not work. I can post my log/config if needed.

Thanks,
Leito

Offline derfull

« Reply #70 on: December 13, 2011, 08:31:36 PM »
Hi,

I use the last version 1.5.9 dl via github, and i have a litle problem with the speck ckecker.

In the code we can read
how many players are allowed and if g_maxGameClients != 0 we will disable specchecking

The problem is not in the the code, but the hosting service (verygames.net).
This is not a dedicated server and it doesn't allow us to set g_maxGameClients to zero.

For the moment i have replace this line
self._g_maxGameClients = self.console.getCvar('g_maxGameClients').getInt()
by
self._g_maxGameClients = 0
and it works.

Thx for your works ;)

Offline KnightOrk

« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2011, 06:45:34 AM »
Skillbalancer seem to have some Bugs...

I use autoskuffle and we get often unfair Teams after Shuffle (Number of Players)

Most if Bot force more then 1 Player to change Teams, it seem it hang up. For example you have 3vs3 Players... Team Blue is Totaly Dominating. Then it force 2 Players of Blue to Red.
Now it would have to change 2 Red to Blue, but there's only 1 Player switching.

So we have a 2vs4.

Next Bug could be that if you have 1 Very Good Player, he is forced after 2 Minutes to the opposite Team, then that Team dominates, then he is witched again. This goes on and on and is very annoying.

Offline tomyl

« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2012, 08:08:50 PM »
Also, the new skill based shuffling is quite awesome! There are however quite a few bugs in the form of messages that are written as self.console.write() instead of self.console.say() or client.message().

Oops, will fix this next time I hack on the bot.

Thanks,
tomyl

Offline tomyl

« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2012, 08:18:18 PM »
Skillbalancer seem to have some Bugs...

I use autoskuffle and we get often unfair Teams after Shuffle (Number of Players)

Most if Bot force more then 1 Player to change Teams, it seem it hang up. For example you have 3vs3 Players... Team Blue is Totaly Dominating. Then it force 2 Players of Blue to Red.
Now it would have to change 2 Red to Blue, but there's only 1 Player switching.

So we have a 2vs4.

Odd, it should balance the teams by number of players even when there are forced players. I will test this next time I work on the bot.

Next Bug could be that if you have 1 Very Good Player, he is forced after 2 Minutes to the opposite Team, then that Team dominates, then he is witched again. This goes on and on and is very annoying.

Yeah, sometimes it's not really possible to find more balanced teams and you will see that flip-flop behavior. Perhaps the bot should remember how many times a player has been moved and take that into account when generating new teams.

Anyway, for now we recommend to disable auto-balancing and make sure regulars/moderators can manually invoke !bal when the teams are unfair.

Thanks,
tomyl

Offline seanbarr1988

• NitroServers
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2012, 02:30:10 AM »
with these new auto balance ability is there an easy way to disable the spam that comes with it,  the amount of ingame messages is annoying I'd rather have the bot keep the teams balance and not notify us in game.

the same goes for  "stats disabled/enabled"  its just spam because at the begining of maps no one is on a team yet so we get notified that stats will be disabled and as soon as people joining we get more spam saying its re-enabled.

I prefer B3 in the background only displaying messages that are relevent,  knowning that the teams are unbalanced and the bot is about to re balance them is not needed in my opinion.

any help disabling these messages would be fantastic :D

Rate this page +1 at Google Search