Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: PrivateServer Plugin  (Read 11737 times)

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
Re: PrivateServer Plugin
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 06:02:34 PM »
Can you post your privateserver.py here, along with the log file?

Offline Ski

« Reply #31 on: February 12, 2013, 08:09:57 PM »
I have attached the requested file.

Here is a link to the b3.log file. http://pastebin.com/y95f1UN1
I put in as much as I could with the limit. Shows people being kicked though.

Thanks,
Ski

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:13:56 PM by Ski »

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
  • Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
« Reply #32 on: February 12, 2013, 09:13:38 PM »
I am now using this plugin to create a "Whitelist" server on one of our Arma2 servers running the wasteland mod. I have it setup to only allow players if they have a group level of 2 or greater. As far as keeping players off the server that are not authorized, it is working great.

The problem I seem to be having is with the kick delay and the message. That does not seem to be working right. When I am on the server 9 out of 10 times the player is kicked right away and then the kick message is displayed after the time frame I have in the file. I think I have like 20 seconds in the file.

So it appears to be working backwards. I would like the message to be displayed to the player, then a wait time of 20 seconds and then they are kicked. This hopefully would give them time to read the message BEFORE just being kicked.

Not sure if this is just because I am running it on ARMA2, but its working backwards for me. Can someone look into this and let me know?

Thanks,
Ski

It works almost the same for me. I can just see the kick message... cod4 here.

BUT, for cod4 it also shows on the kicked screen, so it is no problem for me. I actually like it this way.
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 12:01:00 AM »
It seems to be working fine, I just got kicked from your server and got the appropriate message - although it is a bit too long, so the end was truncated.

Try un-whitelisting yourself, that is the only way you will see the message since Battleye won't send it to the server or show it in the log.

The message that you are seeing in the B3 log is the B3 kick notification.

Offline Ski

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2013, 01:28:39 AM »
Hmmmm, well ok I guess I can try it and see what happens. It "appears" as if they are kicked almost instantly after they connect and then the message shows up.

Will check to see.

**edit**
I see what you mean, it does give me that message. The message is actually in the privateserver.py file. Can not edit or change it from the config file.

I thought the plugin would put up a message in the game to the player telling them they were about to be kicked, and then that kick would happen.

As long as they are getting a message, I guess that is all that matters.

Thanks for the help!
Ski
« Last Edit: February 13, 2013, 01:43:08 AM by Ski »

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything