Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: RotationManager [CoD|CoD:UO|CoD2|CoD4]  (Read 36590 times)

Offline Platanos

• The Last Unit
Re: RotationManager [CoD|CoD:UO|CoD2|CoD4]
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2011, 12:48:09 AM »
Hi

can you add DLC2 Plz

mp_gridlock
mp_hotel
mp_outskirts
mp_zoo

THX
« Last Edit: June 03, 2011, 12:50:53 AM by Platanos »

Offline MistaObvious

« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2011, 04:37:06 AM »
Hi

can you add DLC2 Plz

mp_gridlock
mp_hotel
mp_outskirts
mp_zoo

THX

Yea, I tried doing this, but gridlock wouldn't work at all and outskirts would come up once every 15 maps or so.  So from running 4 maps, we were only playing 2 most of the night.

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
  • Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2011, 04:44:16 AM »
Isn't there a specific version of this plugin for cod7?
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline MistaObvious

« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2011, 05:29:01 AM »
Pretty sure this is it.  The one I'm using has every version of CoD.  Just the new maps are missing.

Offline Freelander

• XLRstats dev.
  • Dev. Team
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2011, 09:10:19 AM »
There's a modified version of this plugin for blackops. It's here.

Until Justabaka updates the code, what you can do is, open rotationmanager.py, find:

Code: python [Select]
_cod7Maps = ['mp_array', 'mp_cairo','mp_cosmodrome', 'mp_cracked', 'mp_crisis', 'mp_duga', 'mp_firingrange', 'mp_ hanoi', 'mp_havoc',  'mp_nuked', 'mp_mountain', 'mp_radiation', 'mp_russianbase', 'mp_villa', 'mp_berlinwall2', 'mp_kowloon', 'mp_stadium', 'mp_discovery']

and replace with:

Code: python [Select]
_cod7Maps = ['mp_array', 'mp_cairo','mp_cosmodrome', 'mp_cracked', 'mp_crisis', 'mp_duga', 'mp_firingrange', 'mp_ hanoi', 'mp_havoc',  'mp_nuked', 'mp_mountain', 'mp_radiation', 'mp_russianbase', 'mp_villa', 'mp_berlinwall2', 'mp_kowloon','mp_stadium','mp_discovery', 'mp_gridlock', 'mp_hotel', 'mp_outskirts', 'mp_zoo']

No need to say that you have to add new maps in the rotation in the plugin's config file, as well.

Offline MistaObvious

« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2011, 03:39:33 PM »
Yea, that's the one I've been using.  It includes code for each cod game.  I also don't see the difference in what you wrote and what I did, but last night for some odd reason it was refusing to set the map to mp_gridlock and only on a rare occasion would it set it to mp_outskirts.  I eventually had to disable the plugin in order to play those maps.

I'm going through the log now (which might not mean much since the server's been empty since last night) and it seems to be seeing those maps.  However, something of interest jumped out at me.  Is it possible that other plugins (such as poweradmincod7) could interfere with rotationmanager and vice versa?

Considering that's probably the case, I'd like to request a feature of this plugin.  The only reason I have poweradmincod7 really is to set maps and gametypes on the fly.  So I would suggest that since this (rotationmanager) plugin is the more important of the two, perhaps having a couple commands you could use for setting maps and gametypes on the fly would be good.  Would also be helpful if you could set up a debug command for the history on every map change.  I'm trying to determine what the deal is with some maps or gametypes showing up more often than I have set in the history settings.

Offline tiller

• uDi Clan
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2011, 09:11:26 PM »
I have found that if you are using both the PowerAdmin and Rotation plugins that you need to wait 2 minutes before setting the nextmap using the !pasetmap command.  I think that the Rotation plugin (for blackops) waits until the map has been running for 2 minutes before it sets the next map in the rotation.  If you !pasetmap too soon then rotation plugin will overwrite it.

I honestly don't remember where I read or heard this so it's possible I'm incorrect... still it's been working consistently for me  :)

TiLLeR

Offline MistaObvious

« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2011, 06:23:48 AM »
From looking at the log I would say you're 100% correct.  But something else is going on.  Had a ton of issues tonight with the DLC and rotationmanager.  I'd really hate to lose one, but I guess if I had to choose, poweradmin's gotta go.  Gonna try disabling it tomorrow night and see what happens.

Offline Spruehwurstheinz

« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2011, 09:56:47 AM »
the rotationmanager doesn't exclude the new maps in the rotation. You have to add them to the maps list somewhere in the beginning of the python script.

edit: was already described :-[

But I think that you need to provide a b3.log if the plugin has problems.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 09:59:12 AM by Spruehwurstheinz »

Offline MistaObvious

« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2011, 10:04:09 PM »
There's a lot of log here...   But I snipped out the portion of it when the server was empty and half an hour into the first players joining is when I shut rotationmanager off, so I erased everything after that.

Since there's so much log here, I've upped it to my site.  Download it here:
http://www.team-pnx.com/b3log.txt

Offline lemekill

« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2011, 06:20:31 AM »
I'm using the Rotation manager plugin, tailored to my CoD6 server. Currently I can't find any syntax to show the gametype for the next map in rotation.

I have and ad for the next map:
<ad>@nextmap</ad>
I would like to
<ad>@nextgametype</ad>

Can I add some code to rotationmanager.py to do this, so I can add the "commands" to rotationmanager.xml, plugin_admin.xml and plugin_adv.xml?

Offline mash

• Gamers - Extreme
« Reply #71 on: October 05, 2011, 08:40:49 PM »
Hey,

thank you for this addon. But i have one problem. I have a CoD7-Rankedserver and the mod should be search and destroy for all maps. So i have adapt the rotationmanager.xml for our needs. The problem is, that sometimes the mod changed to sabotage?!

Thats my rotationmanager.xml: http://pastebin.com/0hF7HjiQ

Randomizerotation and switchpoints should be disable.

Where is the mistake?

------------
One other question:

Is there a possibility, that i can define a individual fixed maprotation like this:

sv_mapRotation "gametype sd map mp_crisis gametype tdm map mp_firingrange gametype ctf map ..."

Greetings,

Ma$H :)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 09:44:04 PM by mash »
Gamers - Extreme | www.g3x-clan.de

Offline Mariodu62

« Reply #72 on: October 08, 2011, 09:47:18 AM »
I have a problem with this plugin on COD5.

At startup, it change the rotation and do the work... then

Players count normally and debug says : The rotation size have not changed.... (all day long)
Any ideas ?? it seems live a variable is not reset.

(the XML is standard except version 5 and switch count  10 and 25)
Is it possible to have the version before you include cod7 ??? because i'm newbie and the cod7 part is too difficult for me to debug

Thx

Offline Mariodu62

« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2011, 09:23:31 PM »
i found ...

there is a mistake when the bot restore the caching, it keep the new rotation number in memory and then nothing can change any more...

i have a solution but i don't know how to post it

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
  • Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
« Reply #74 on: October 10, 2011, 05:03:47 PM »
What is the solution you have? Is it a code change? Or just a idea?
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Rate this page +1 at Google Search