thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: RotationManager [CoD|CoD:UO|CoD2|CoD4]  (Read 35497 times)

Offline Goucho

Re: RotationManager [CoD|CoD:UO|CoD2|CoD4]
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2011, 02:41:00 AM »
Guys can any of you set up this addon for me i am totally lost. I dont need any clever small maps etc thing. I just want to be able to write what hardcore maps and gametypes i want and leave it running?

plz help :)

Offline Mariodu62

« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2011, 08:39:28 AM »
Hi,
I adapted the code.

First, is for the restored cached roundstart and the second is for delta== -1 and the hysteris.

And it works on a 44 slot cod WaW.

I still have to understand why there is two variables doing the same job ( rotation_size and currentrotation).

« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:51:49 AM by Mariodu62 »

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
  • Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2011, 02:43:18 PM »
Hi,
I adapted the code.

First, is for the restored cached roundstart and the second is for delta== -1 and the hysteris.

And it works on a 44 slot cod WaW.

I still have to understand why there is two variables doing the same job ( rotation_size and currentrotation).

In this case where it is a code change, then just post here what code was changed and where in case anyone else wants to try your code...
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline Mariodu62

« Reply #78 on: October 12, 2011, 11:20:43 PM »
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 10:50:49 AM by Mariodu62 »

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
  • Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
« Reply #79 on: October 17, 2011, 07:05:14 PM »
Thanks for sharing. Hopefully the plugin will be updated to incorporate your changes!

English is fine btw.
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline BetterDeadThanZed

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
« Reply #80 on: January 07, 2012, 08:24:34 PM »
I am using this plugin on an alterOps (Black Ops) server. This is my rotationmanager.xml

Code: [Select]
<configuration plugin="rotationmanager">
<settings name="commands">
<set name="nextmap">1</set>
<set name="maps">20</set>
<set name="map">40</set>
</settings>
<settings name="settings">
<!--
    Three rotations have two switchingpoints.
    The first rotationswitch will be when server reaches the next number of players:
    -->
<set name="switchcount1">7</set>
<!--
    Three rotations have two switchingpoints. Set to more than your server slot number to disable.
    The second rotationswitch will be when server reaches the next number of players:
    -->
<set name="switchcount2">13</set>
    <!--
    Do you want the server to react fast to your playercount or would you like to
    reduce the number of rotationswitches? The hysteresis will make your switchcounts
    somewhat flexible. Setting it to 0 will make the plugin react at once when a
    switchpoint is passed.
    -->
    <set name="hysteresis">1</set>
<!--
    Do you want the plugin to build a random rotation when switching? This is good when
    we need to switch a lot! I suggest you leave this set to true. (Options: true/false)
    -->
    <set name="randomizerotation">true</set>
<!--
    The next line makes the new rotation effective immediately (on next map). Does NOT
perform a map change.
    NOTE: If you dont use randomizerotation this could lead to playing the same maps
    over and over again! (Options: true/false)
    -->
    <set name="immediate">true</set>
    <!--
    What gameversion is running? CoD1 or CoD:UO = 1 / CoD2 = 2 / CoD4 = 4 / CoD5 = 5 /
                                         CoD MW2 = 6 / CoD BO Ranked = 7
    -->
    <set name="version">7</set>
<!--
    I think its fair if we wait for the slower maploaders. This option will fast_restart
    the next map after the set delay (seconds) so slower players have equal chances.
    Setting it to 0 will disable the function. Useless for Black Ops.
    -->
    <set name="mapdelay">0</set>
</settings>

<settings name="histories">
<!--
How many maps should we store as a maphistory, so they don't get stored in the
rotation too close to eachother. If for example set to 4, at least 4 other maps
    will be put in rotation before a map can be repeated. This goes for randomized
    rotations only! set to 0 to disable this.
    -->
<set name="maphistory_small">4</set>
<set name="maphistory_medium">4</set>
<set name="maphistory_large">4</set>
<!--
Same as maphistory, but is applied to gametypes for every rotation size.
NOTE: If you set this bigger or equal than your correspondent rotation's amount
    of gametypes, the rotation will always stop growing after first <this value> maps.
    -->
<set name="gthistory_small">0</set>
<set name="gthistory_medium">0</set>
<set name="gthistory_large">0</set>
</settings>

<!-- Call of Duty: Black Ops related settings -->
    <settings name="cod7">
        <!-- Number of players (12 or 18 ONLY) -->
        <set name="slot_num">18</set>
        <!-- Game mode: 0 for softcore, 1 for hardcore, 2 for barebones -->
        <set name="game_mode">0</set>
    </settings>

<!--
Next section is the setting of maprotations. You can supply several maps for several gametypes
Don't use a gametype twice in the same rotation though, it will not work as planned!
You can however use a map more than once in a gametype if you would like to play it more often.
If you left randomizerotation to true the plugin will create a random rotation from all gametypes/maps
provided and it will be a proper and smart maprotation.

A little reference on cod4-cod7 gametypes and maps:

CoD4 gametypes (this also applies to all the next CoDs):
"dm" - Free for All deathmatch
"dom" - Domination
"koth" - Headquarters
"sab" - Sabotage
"sd" - Search & Destroy
"war" - Team Deathmatch (DO NOT use for Black Ops)

CoD6 (Modern Warfare 2) ONLY:
    "ctf" - Capture the Flag
    "arena" - Arena
    "dd" - Demolition
    "oneflag" - One-Flag CTF
    "gtnw" - Global Thermonuclear War

CoD7 (Black Ops) ONLY:
    "ctf" - Capture the Flag
"dem" - Demolition (Please note: there's no demolition in barebones)
"tdm" - Team Deathmatch

cod4 maps: mp_backlot mp_bloc mp_bog mp_carentan mp_cargoship mp_citystreets mp_convoy mp_countdown mp_crash mp_creek mp_crossfire mp_farm mp_killhouse mp_overgrown mp_pipeline mp_shipment mp_showdown mp_strike mp_vacant
    cod6 maps (alteriwnet, all dlcs): mp_abandon mp_afghan mp_boneyard mp_brecourt mp_checkpoint mp_compact mp_complex mp_crash mp_derail mp_estate mp_favela mp_fuel2 mp_highrise mp_invasion mp_nightshift mp_overgrown mp_quarry mp_rundown mp_rust mp_storm mp_strike mp_subbase mp_terminal mp_trailerpark mp_underpass mp_vacant
    cod7 maps: mp_gridlock mp_hotel mp_outskirts mp_zoo mp_berlinwall2 mp_kowloon mp_stadium mp_discovery mp_array mp_cairo mp_cosmodrome mp_cracked mp_crisis mp_duga mp_firingrange mp_hanoi mp_havoc mp_mountain mp_nuked mp_radiation mp_russianbase mp_villa

-->

<settings name="rotation_small">
<set name="dm">mp_firingrange mp_nuked mp_stadium mp_drivein</set>
</settings>

<settings name="rotation_medium">
  <set name="tdm">mp_duga mp_crisis mp_hanoi mp_kowloon mp_zoo mp_gridlock mp_area51 mp_golfcourse</set>
  <set name="sab">mp_duga mp_crisis mp_hanoi mp_kowloon mp_zoo mp_gridlock mp_area51 mp_golfcourse</set>
  <set name="koth">mp_duga mp_crisis mp_hanoi mp_kowloon mp_zoo mp_gridlock mp_area51 mp_golfcourse</set>
</settings>

<settings name="rotation_large">
  <set name="tdm">mp_russianbase mp_array mp_cracked mp_havoc mp_discovery2 mp_berlinwall2 mp_hotel mp_outskirts mp_silo</set>
  <set name="sab">mp_russianbase mp_array mp_cracked mp_havoc mp_discovery2 mp_berlinwall2 mp_hotel mp_outskirts mp_silo</set>
  <set name="koth">mp_russianbase mp_array mp_cracked mp_havoc mp_discovery2 mp_berlinwall2 mp_hotel mp_outskirts mp_silo</set>
  <set name="dom">mp_russianbase mp_array mp_cracked mp_havoc mp_discovery2 mp_berlinwall2 mp_hotel mp_outskirts mp_silo</set>
</settings>

</configuration>

It is not rotating to the right map, even though B3 is showing it's working. Here's some log snipits:

120107 11:10:26   CONSOLE   '1:16 say;38802;1;GrossKopf;\x15!nextmap'
120107 11:10:26   VERBOSE   'Queueing event Say !nextmap'
120107 11:10:26   VERBOSE   'Parsing Event: Say: AdminPlugin'
120107 11:10:26   DEBUG   'AdminPlugin: OnSay handle 5:"!nextmap"'
120107 11:10:26   DEBUG   'AdminPlugin: Handle command !nextmap'
120107 11:10:26   DEBUG   'RotationmanagerPlugin: mp_stadium'
120107 11:10:27   VERBOSE   "RCON sending (204.93.166.244:28980) 'tell 1 ^0(^2b3^0)^7: ^3[pm]^7 ^7Next Map: ^2Stadium with ^3dm^2 gametype'"

120107 11:14:38   CONSOLE   '5:28 ExitLevel: executed'
120107 11:14:38   VERBOSE   'Queueing event Game Exit executed'
120107 11:14:38   VERBOSE   'Parsing Event: Game Exit: RotationmanagerPlugin'
120107 11:14:38   DEBUG   'RotationmanagerPlugin: Map change detected, Will push the new map to the server after 2 minutes.'
120107 11:14:38   CONSOLE   '5:28 ShutdownGame:'
120107 11:14:38   CONSOLE   '5:28 ------------------------------------------------------------'
120107 11:14:41   CONSOLE   '5:28 ------------------------------------------------------------'
120107 11:14:41   CONSOLE   "5:28 InitGame: \\com_maxclients\\32\\g_gametype\\dm\\mapname\\mp_radiation\\playlist\\2\\playlist_enabled\\0\\playlist_entry\\0\\protocol\\2116\\scr_team_fftype\\0\\shortversion\\7\\sv_disableClientConsole\\0\\sv_floodprotect\\4\\sv_hostname\\GrossKopf's US AlterOps\\sv_maxclients\\18\\sv_maxPing\\0\\sv_maxRate\\25000\\sv_minPing\\0\\sv_pure\\1\\sv_ranked\\2\\sv_security\\1\\sv_voice\\1\\xblive_basictraining\\0\\xblive_privatematch\\0\\xblive_rankedmatch\\0\\xblive_wagermatch\\0"
120107 11:14:41   VERBOSE   'Found 1st InitGame from block'
120107 11:14:41   VERBOSE   '...self.console.game.gameType: dm'
120107 11:14:41   VERBOSE   'Queueing event Game Round Start <b3.game.Game object at 0x0000000001D0AC18>'

Instead of loading Stadium, like I was told with the !nextmap command, Radiation was loaded instead. That one isn't even in my small, medium or large rotations although it IS in my "sv_maprotation" line of my server.cfg.

Any ideas?

Offline Platanos

• The Last Unit
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2012, 10:35:11 PM »
I am using this plugin on an alterOps (Black Ops) server. This is my rotationmanager.xml

<set name="map">40</set>
</settings>
<!--
    The first rotationswitch will be when server reaches the next number of players:
    -->
<set name="switchcount1">7</set>
<!--
    Three rotations have two switchingpoints. Set to more than your server slot number to disable.
    The second rotationswitch will be when server reaches the next number of players:
    -->
<set name="switchcount2">13</set>
    <!--
    reduce the number of rotationswitches? The hysteresis will make your switchcounts
    switchpoint is passed.
    -->
<!--
    Do you want the plugin to build a random rotation when switching? This is good when
    we need to switch a lot! I suggest you leave this set to true. (Options: true/false)
    -->
<!--
    The next line makes the new rotation effective immediately (on next map). Does NOT
perform a map change.
    NOTE: If you dont use randomizerotation this could lead to playing the same maps
    -->
    <set name="immediate">true</set>
    <!--
    What gameversion is running? CoD1 or CoD:UO = 1 / CoD2 = 2 / CoD4 = 4 / CoD5 = 5 /
    -->
    <set name="version">7</set>
<!--
    I think its fair if we wait for the slower maploaders. This option will fast_restart
    the next map after the set delay (seconds) so slower players have equal chances.
    -->
</settings>

<!--
    -->
<set name="maphistory_small">4</set>
<set name="maphistory_medium">4</set>
<set name="maphistory_large">4</set>
<!--
    of gametypes, the rotation will always stop growing after first <this value> maps.
    -->
</settings>

<settings name="cod7">
    </settings>

<!--
Next section is the setting of maprotations. You can supply several maps for several gametypes
Don't use a gametype twice in the same rotation though, it will not work as planned!
You can however use a map more than once in a gametype if you would like to play it more often.
If you left randomizerotation to true the plugin will create a random rotation from all gametypes/maps

"dom" - Domination
"koth" - Headquarters
"sab" - Sabotage
"sd" - Search & Destroy

"ctf" - Capture the Flag
    "arena" - Arena
    "dd" - Demolition
    "oneflag" - One-Flag CTF

CoD7 (Black Ops) ONLY:
    "ctf" - Capture the Flag
"tdm" - Team Deathmatch

cod4 maps: mp_backlot mp_bloc mp_bog mp_carentan mp_cargoship mp_citystreets mp_convoy mp_countdown mp_crash mp_creek mp_crossfire mp_farm mp_killhouse mp_overgrown mp_pipeline mp_shipment mp_showdown mp_strike mp_vacant
    cod6 maps (alteriwnet, all dlcs): mp_abandon mp_afghan mp_boneyard mp_brecourt mp_checkpoint mp_compact mp_complex mp_crash mp_derail mp_estate mp_favela mp_fuel2 mp_highrise mp_invasion mp_nightshift mp_overgrown mp_quarry mp_rundown mp_rust mp_storm mp_strike mp_subbase mp_terminal mp_trailerpark mp_underpass mp_vacant
    cod7 maps: mp_gridlock mp_hotel mp_outskirts mp_zoo mp_berlinwall2 mp_kowloon mp_stadium mp_discovery mp_array mp_cairo mp_cosmodrome mp_cracked mp_crisis mp_duga mp_firingrange mp_hanoi mp_havoc mp_mountain mp_nuked mp_radiation mp_russianbase mp_villa

-->

<set name="dm">mp_firingrange mp_nuked mp_stadium mp_drivein</set>
</settings>

<set name="tdm">mp_duga mp_crisis mp_hanoi mp_kowloon mp_zoo mp_gridlock mp_area51 mp_golfcourse</set>
  <set name="sab">mp_duga mp_crisis mp_hanoi mp_kowloon mp_zoo mp_gridlock mp_area51 mp_golfcourse</set>
  <set name="koth">mp_duga mp_crisis mp_hanoi mp_kowloon mp_zoo mp_gridlock mp_area51 mp_golfcourse</set>
</settings>

<set name="tdm">mp_russianbase mp_array mp_cracked mp_havoc mp_discovery2 mp_berlinwall2 mp_hotel mp_outskirts mp_silo</set>
  <set name="sab">mp_russianbase mp_array mp_cracked mp_havoc mp_discovery2 mp_berlinwall2 mp_hotel mp_outskirts mp_silo</set>
  <set name="koth">mp_russianbase mp_array mp_cracked mp_havoc mp_discovery2 mp_berlinwall2 mp_hotel mp_outskirts mp_silo</set>
  <set name="dom">mp_russianbase mp_array mp_cracked mp_havoc mp_discovery2 mp_berlinwall2 mp_hotel mp_outskirts mp_silo</set>
</settings>

</configuration>

It is not rotating to the right map, even though B3 is showing it's working. Here's some log snipits:

Instead of loading Stadium, like I was told with the !nextmap command, Radiation was loaded instead. That one isn't even in my small, medium or large rotations although it IS in my "sv_maprotation" line of my server.cfg.

use Version 6 then it works

<set name="version">6</set>

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2012, 12:24:36 AM »
use Version 6 then it works

Even though I'm running a Black Ops server and MW2?

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2012, 06:51:53 PM »
I changed it and it works now, but sometimes it can't get the next map:

120109 09:00:06   CONSOLE   '4:13 say;38802;1;GrossKopf;\x15!nextmap'
120109 09:00:06   VERBOSE   'Queueing event Say !nextmap'
120109 09:00:06   VERBOSE   'Parsing Event: Say: AdminPlugin'
120109 09:00:06   DEBUG   'AdminPlugin: OnSay handle 5:"!nextmap"'
120109 09:00:06   DEBUG   'AdminPlugin: Handle command !nextmap'
120109 09:00:06   VERBOSE   "RCON sending (204.93.166.244:28980) 'sv_mapRotation'"
120109 09:00:07   DEBUG   'Get cvar sv_mapRotation = ["sv_mapRotation" is: "gametype tdm map mp_duga gametype tdm map mp_gridlock gametype tdm map mp_area51 gametype tdm map mp_kowloon gametype tdm map mp_hanoi gametype tdm map mp_golfcourse gametype tdm map mp_crisis gametype tdm map mp_radiation gametype tdm map mp_zoo^7" default: "^7"\n  Domain is any text]'
120109 09:00:07   VERBOSE   "RCON sending (204.93.166.244:28980) 'tell 1 ^0(^2b3^0)^7: ^3[pm]^7 ^7Error: could not get map list'"

Also, sometimes it doesn't rotate to the correct map list, for example, when the number of players goes down to where the "small" rotation should be used, it's not rotating to that small list. This part of the log shows the rotation manager doing it's thing. There are only enough players for the "small" rotation after the server had a bunch more players. It should load the small rotation, but it doesn't:

120109 09:29:59   VERBOSE   'Parsing Event: Client Disconnect: RotationmanagerPlugin'
120109 09:29:59   DEBUG   'RotationmanagerPlugin: PlayerCount: 5'
120109 09:29:59   DEBUG   'RotationmanagerPlugin: Adjusting to small mapRotation'
120109 09:29:59   DEBUG   'RotationmanagerPlugin: Creating randomized rotation...'
120109 09:29:59   DEBUG   'RotationmanagerPlugin: MapCount: 4'
120109 09:29:59   DEBUG   'RotationmanagerPlugin: NewRotation: gametype dm map mp_stadium gametype dm map mp_drivein gametype dm map mp_firingrange gametype dm map mp_nuked '
120109 09:29:59   VERBOSE   "RCON sending (204.93.166.244:28980) 'sv_mapRotation gametype dm map mp_stadium gametype dm map mp_drivein gametype dm map mp_firingrange gametype dm map mp_nuked'"
120109 09:30:00   CONSOLE   '33:59 ExitLevel: executed'
120109 09:30:00   VERBOSE   'Queueing event Game Exit executed'
120109 09:30:00   CONSOLE   '33:59 ShutdownGame:'
120109 09:30:00   CONSOLE   '33:59 ------------------------------------------------------------'
120109 09:30:00   VERBOSE   "RCON sending (204.93.166.244:28980) 'status'"
120109 09:30:01   WARNING   "RCON: ERROR reading: Exception('No readable socket',)"
120109 09:30:01   VERBOSE   "RCON: retry sending 'status' (1/5)..."
120109 09:30:02   WARNING   "RCON: ERROR reading: Exception('No readable socket',)"
120109 09:30:02   VERBOSE   "RCON: retry sending 'status' (2/5)..."
120109 09:30:03   WARNING   "RCON: ERROR reading: Exception('No readable socket',)"
120109 09:30:03   VERBOSE   "RCON: retry sending 'status' (3/5)..."
120109 09:30:03   WARNING   "RCON: ERROR reading: Exception('No readable socket',)"
120109 09:30:04   VERBOSE   "RCON: retry sending 'status' (4/5)..."
120109 09:30:04   WARNING   "RCON: ERROR reading: Exception('No readable socket',)"
120109 09:30:04   ERROR   "RCON: too much tries. Abording ('status')"
120109 09:30:04   DEBUG   'RCON: Did not send any data'
120109 09:30:04   VERBOSE   "RCON sending (204.93.166.244:28980) 'reset sv_mapRotationCurrent'"
120109 09:30:04   VERBOSE   'StatusPlugin: Building XML status'
120109 09:30:04   DEBUG   'StatusPlugin: Uploading XML status to FTP server'
120109 09:30:05   DEBUG   'XlrstatsPlugin: Calculating kill_bonus'
120109 09:30:05   WARNING   "RCON: ERROR reading: Exception('No readable socket',)"
120109 09:30:05   VERBOSE   "RCON: retry sending 'reset sv_mapRotationCurrent' (1/2)..."
120109 09:30:06   WARNING   "RCON: ERROR reading: Exception('No readable socket',)"
120109 09:30:06   ERROR   "RCON: too much tries. Abording ('reset sv_mapRotationCurrent')"
120109 09:30:06   DEBUG   'RCON: Did not send any data'
120109 09:30:06   VERBOSE   "RCON sending (204.93.166.244:28980) 'say ^0(^2b3^0)^7: ^2JOIN OUR FORUMS TODAY! GROSSKOPF-SERVERS.COM!'"
120109 09:30:06   VERBOSE   'Parsing Event: Game Exit: RotationmanagerPlugin'
120109 09:30:07   WARNING   "RCON: ERROR reading: Exception('No readable socket',)"
120109 09:30:07   VERBOSE   "RCON: retry sending 'say ^0(^2b3^0)^7: ^2JOIN OUR FORUMS TODAY! GROSSKOPF-SERVERS.COM!' (1/2)..."
120109 09:30:08   WARNING   "RCON: ERROR reading: Exception('No readable socket',)"
120109 09:30:08   ERROR   "RCON: too much tries. Abording ('say ^0(^2b3^0)^7: ^2JOIN OUR FORUMS TODAY! GROSSKOPF-SERVERS.COM!')"
120109 09:30:08   DEBUG   'RCON: Did not send any data'
120109 09:30:15   CONSOLE   '33:59 ------------------------------------------------------------'
120109 09:30:15   CONSOLE   "33:59 InitGame: \\com_maxclients\\32\\g_gametype\\sab\\mapname\\mp_hotel\\playlist\\2\\playlist_enabled\\0\\playlist_entry\\0\\protocol\\2116\\scr_team_fftype\\0\\shortversion\\7\\sv_disableClientConsole\\0\\sv_floodprotect\\4\\sv_hostname\\GrossKopf's US AlterOps\\sv_maxclients\\18\\sv_maxPing\\0\\sv_maxRate\\25000\\sv_minPing\\0\\sv_pure\\1\\sv_ranked\\2\\sv_security\\1\\sv_voice\\1\\xblive_basictraining\\0\\xblive_privatematch\\0\\xblive_rankedmatch\\0\\xblive_wagermatch\\0"
120109 09:30:15   VERBOSE   'Found 1st InitGame from block'
120109 09:30:15   VERBOSE   '...self.console.game.gameType: sab'

There were 5 players and it loaded Sabatage on mp_hotel, when it should have loaded FFA on one of 4 small maps.

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2012, 02:05:44 PM »
Anyone have any idea?

Offline feugatos

« Reply #86 on: February 15, 2012, 11:39:18 AM »
Guys I have an issue with my MW2 server and this plugin.

If my server crashes and starts up again, the server only uses sv_mapRotation specified in server.cfg and rotationmanager doesn't work. I have to restart b3 in order to get the plugin working again.

Why is that?

b3.log : http://pastebin.com/pSXZf17m (I only have RotationmangerPlugin related entries if you require more please tell me.)
rotationmanager.xml: http://pastebin.com/dJZyTYA1

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
« Reply #87 on: August 05, 2012, 08:06:05 PM »
Ok, I'm using this now with an IW4M (MW2) server. I don't have FFA in the rotation, but sometimes FFA comes around. Any ideas?

Here's the rotationmanager.xml:

<set name="map">40</set>
</settings>
<!--
    -->
<set name="switchcount1">19</set>
<!--
    -->
<set name="switchcount2">19</set>
    <!--
    switchpoint is passed.
    -->
<!--
    -->
<!--
perform a map change.
    -->
    <set name="immediate">false</set>
    <!--
    -->
<!--
    -->
</settings>

<!--
    -->
<set name="maphistory_small">2</set>
<set name="maphistory_medium">2</set>
<set name="maphistory_large">2</set>
<!--
    -->
</settings>

<settings name="cod7">
    </settings>

<!--

"dom" - Domination
"koth" - Headquarters
"sab" - Sabotage
"sd" - Search & Destroy

"ctf" - Capture the Flag
    "arena" - Arena
    "dd" - Demolition
    "oneflag" - One-Flag CTF

CoD7 (Black Ops) ONLY:
    "ctf" - Capture the Flag
"tdm" - Team Deathmatch

-->

<set name="war">mp_terminal mp_boneyard mp_brecourt mp_checkpoint mp_derail mp_estate mp_favela mp_invasion mp_nightshift mp_quarry mp_rundown mp_subbase mp_afghan mp_underpass"</set>
  <set name="hq">mp_terminal mp_boneyard mp_brecourt mp_checkpoint mp_derail mp_estate mp_favela mp_invasion mp_nightshift mp_quarry mp_rundown mp_subbase mp_afghan mp_underpass"</set>
  <set name="dom">mp_terminal mp_boneyard mp_brecourt mp_checkpoint mp_derail mp_estate mp_favela mp_invasion mp_nightshift mp_quarry mp_rundown mp_subbase mp_afghan mp_underpass"</set>  
  <set name="sab">mp_terminal mp_boneyard mp_brecourt mp_checkpoint mp_derail mp_estate mp_favela mp_invasion mp_nightshift mp_quarry mp_rundown mp_subbase mp_afghan mp_underpass"</set>  
  <set name="ctf">mp_terminal mp_boneyard mp_brecourt mp_checkpoint mp_derail mp_estate mp_favela mp_invasion mp_nightshift mp_quarry mp_rundown mp_subbase mp_afghan mp_underpass"</set>    
</settings>

<set name="war">mp_terminal mp_boneyard mp_brecourt mp_checkpoint mp_derail mp_estate mp_favela mp_invasion mp_nightshift mp_quarry mp_rundown mp_subbase mp_afghan mp_underpass"</set>
  <set name="hq">mp_terminal mp_boneyard mp_brecourt mp_checkpoint mp_derail mp_estate mp_favela mp_invasion mp_nightshift mp_quarry mp_rundown mp_subbase mp_afghan mp_underpass"</set>
  <set name="dom">mp_terminal mp_boneyard mp_brecourt mp_checkpoint mp_derail mp_estate mp_favela mp_invasion mp_nightshift mp_quarry mp_rundown mp_subbase mp_afghan mp_underpass"</set>  
  <set name="sab">mp_terminal mp_boneyard mp_brecourt mp_checkpoint mp_derail mp_estate mp_favela mp_invasion mp_nightshift mp_quarry mp_rundown mp_subbase mp_afghan mp_underpass"</set>  
  <set name="ctf">mp_terminal mp_boneyard mp_brecourt mp_checkpoint mp_derail mp_estate mp_favela mp_invasion mp_nightshift mp_quarry mp_rundown mp_subbase mp_afghan mp_underpass"</set>     </settings>

<set name="ctf">mp_terminal mp_boneyard mp_brecourt mp_checkpoint mp_derail mp_estate mp_favela mp_invasion mp_nightshift mp_quarry mp_rundown mp_subbase mp_afghan mp_underpass"</set>    
</settings>

</configuration>

Offline Renegade

« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2013, 08:31:34 PM »
Hey all,

I've configured this plugin (Call of Duty 4), although I haven't had the chance to test it yet. This is basically exactly what I was looking for, so thanks, and I hope it works.

One additional feature I was wondering if anyone would know how to set up, is to also change settings based on which rotation is running (ie. 3v3 TDM has short spawn delay, and 8v8 TDM has much longer one). I took a look at the configmanager plugin but it doesn't say that it supports CoD4 and it's only half effective, since it works based on gametype & map, rather than gametype & maprotation.

Thanks for your help,
Renegade

EDIT: Since I posted this, we've had a chance to use the plugin. I was a little confused by how often the same map came up. It worked fine on the small rotation with only TDM going, but as soon as it moved to the medium rotation (with multiple gametypes), it played Sabotage on Backlot, followed by Team Deathmatch on Backlot, then a different map, and then S&D on Backlot. It did a similar thing with the map Overgrown the next time we switched to the medium map rotation. I know that it's supposed to be totally random, but didn't I read somewhere about not playing the same map twice within 4 maps of each other?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 03:44:56 PM by Renegade »

Offline Thomaxius

« Reply #89 on: June 18, 2013, 06:57:37 PM »
This thread seems pretty dead but, could this plugin be configured to change the gametype after one map? So I could have domination, hq, demolition and tdm on the server, with the server running one map on a gamemode, and then switching to a different gamemode?

Thanks

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything