thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!

Author Topic: [Quick FAQ] ARMA 2 CO Info  (Read 6110 times)

Offline MordyT

• Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
[Quick FAQ] ARMA 2 CO Info
« on: August 21, 2012, 02:45:39 PM »
Now that there is a version of B3 for ARMA 2, I thought I would throw together some info.

NOTE: Important: For B3 to work with ARMA2, your chat needs to be received. That means that mods that strip out chat, or chat that isn't seen (meaning no one is nearby, etc) will cause B3 to not see your commands.

1) How can I run B3 for ARMA 2?
A: The first B3 release to include ARMA2 support is B3 1.9.0dev17. Make sure to use the latest available B3 1.9dev version.

2) Where can I download these files?
A: B3 1.9.0 dev packages are available at http://bit.ly/MXP7JF

3) Any special plugins for ARMA 2?
A:
There are also some plugins for arma2 in

https://github.com/82ndab-Bravo17/b3-arma2plugins.git

arma2restarts.py will perform pre-timed server restarts with global warning messages, and can also do unplanned restarts, again with warning messages. It can also rename all the arma2 and battleye log files on each restart and move them to their own folder, based on the date and time of the restart

NOTE: for this to work correctly you need to do 2 extra things - start b3 in restart mode (or have it auto restart when shutdown) since I have it set to restart 3 minutes after the server  shutdown command is issued, to ensure that it reconnects correctly, and also delay the server restart by 15 seconds or so after the shutdown, to allow time for the log files to become freed up in order to be renamed, before the server restarts.

arma2lobbykick.py will kick players who have been in the lobby too long, and can be set to ignore admins above a certain B3 level.

arma2admin allows the loadscripts and loadevents command s to be sent to the server, useful if you use the telnet plugin as well.

4) Any stock plugins work for ARMA 2:
Plugins that work OK:
adv
welcome
chatlogger
tested plugin...

cfcountry: ok
wideban : ok
telnet : ok
censor : ok

test in progress :
asciikick (very useful for arma2)

5) How can I make a b3.xml for ARMA 2?
A: You can use the standard b3.xml, as long as you comment out the gamelog entry (ARMA2 works over battleeye) and turn PB off. I have attached my template here as well. Or you can use the online config generator.

6) How can I get echelon (V1) to work with ARMA 2?
A: Please see this topic.

Let me know if there is anything you think should be added, or if you think this topic should not exist, etc. All feedback is welcome.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 11:35:24 AM by Courgette »
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline Medic8402

Re: [Quick FAQ] ARMA 2 CO Info
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 08:39:54 PM »
This is really awesome.  Sounds like you guys are really putting a lot of effort into making this work.  I have tried using the other admin tools that are out for Arma 2 without much luck.  I will be installing b3 on both my server  boxes later tonight when I get home fromwork.

Offline MordyT

• MordyT
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2012, 09:51:40 PM »
@Mariodu62 - your list of plugins has been added to the list.

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline MordyT

• MordyT
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 10:31:18 PM »
my b3.xml is attached.
feedback (does it work for you) is welcome.
I think I managed to strip out everything regarding host4b3, but may have missed something.

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 11:46:31 PM »
I think you stripped out too much Mordy, no file attached?

Offline MordyT

• MordyT
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 11:59:23 PM »
I think you stripped out too much Mordy, no file attached?
Attached in the first post :)

Offline Platanos

• The Last Unit
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 02:45:41 PM »
works this with DayZ?

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 03:02:35 PM »
It's subject to the chat limitations of Dayz, ie no Global chat unless logged in to Arma 2 as an admin. It will pick up on any chat that gets broadcast by battleye, but this seems to be limited to there being someone to hear the chat, so vehicle chat works if there is someone else in the vehicle, direct chat works if there is someone within range etc.

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 11:13:24 PM »
Arma2/DayZ support is now available in B3 v1.9.0dev17. First updated with the new info

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 11:30:47 PM »
If you have a Bliss Private hive server then you can modify the mod files so that Global chat is allowed. See the documentation that comes with the Bliss server files. (Global channel is 0).
« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 11:56:38 PM by 82ndAB.Bravo17 »

Offline BetterDeadThanZed

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 02:18:14 AM »
What is this section about?

Code: [Select]
    <extplugins>
        <plugin name="arma2admin" config="external_dir/conf/arma2admin.xml"
                dlocation="https://github.com/82ndab-Bravo17/b3-arma2plugins/zipball/master"/>
        <plugin name="arma2lobbykick" config="external_dir/conf/arma2lobbykick.xml"
        <plugin name="arma2restarts" config="external_dir/conf/arma2restarts.xml"
        <plugin name="xlrstats" config="external_dir/conf/xlrstats.xml"/>
    </extplugins>

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 03:56:08 AM »
They are optional plugins:

arma2admin allows you to send the reloadscripts command to the server

arma2lobbykick will kick players who are in the lobby too long, with optional 'amnesty' for admins

arma2restarts send the shutdown command to the server and renames all of the battleye log files - and the server will restart again as long as you have something like TCAdmin monitoring it to restart it when it stops

xlrstats actually probably shouldn't be there since most of the details that it needs are not provided by the server.

Hope that helps!

Offline BetterDeadThanZed

• Beta Testers
    • Killin Zeds
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 10:51:50 AM »
They are optional plugins:

arma2admin allows you to send the reloadscripts command to the server

arma2lobbykick will kick players who are in the lobby too long, with optional 'amnesty' for admins

arma2restarts send the shutdown command to the server and renames all of the battleye log files - and the server will restart again as long as you have something like TCAdmin monitoring it to restart it when it stops

xlrstats actually probably shouldn't be there since most of the details that it needs are not provided by the server.

Hope that helps!

So if I leave those as is, and I put the files in my extplugins folder, they will work as is? I don't have to change "external_dir" to "extplugins"? I ask because I did just that and the restarter didn't seem to work.

Offline SGTGunner

« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2015, 09:30:59 AM »
Does anyone have the code to allow to unban by GUID in echelon instead of going to the bans.txt? I notice that all attachments have been removed from all posts. It would be good to see the code, even if downloads are not permitted.

Thanks.

-SGTGunner

Offline SGTGunner

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2015, 06:21:44 PM »
Ping? 

Does anyone have updated unban.php file for GUID instead of punkbuster in Echelon V1? Or is it fixed in V2 of echelon and I should move to it?

Thanks in Advance.

Rate this page +1 at Google Search