thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!

Author Topic: B3 not responding to commands  (Read 1961 times)

Offline dingos8

B3 not responding to commands
« on: April 08, 2016, 06:29:50 AM »
I'm running a dedicated Arma 3 server on Ubuntu Linux 14.04; B3 v1.10.10 connects, welcomes players and sends comments from adv.xml, but won't respond to commands, for what it's worth, I was seeing the same results with v1.9.2. I've searched the forums, but haven't been able to sort it out on my own. Any guidance will be appreciated!

thanks,
dingos8
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 12:06:34 PM by Fenix »

Offline Fenix

• Dev. Team
    • GitHub
Re: B3 not responding to commands
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2016, 12:08:43 PM »
I removed the attachments from your post since they were showing your mysql server root password. I highly suggest you to change that password, and not to use root for B3. You should create a new mysql user and allow it to operate on the B3 database. As for your problem, let's wait for some arma3 player to answer since I have never used arma3 parser nor I possess the game

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2016, 03:45:03 PM »
Generally Arma 3 will only send the text chat over the chat channel if there is someone to see it. So if you are the only one in the group for group chat, for instance, nothing will get sent and B3 will therefore not be able to see it. I believe that Global is an exception to that rule and will always transmit. if it is enabled. (see below)

I suspect that this is your problem, since it would seem that everything else is working.

Also, you will find that some mods/missions will disable some of the chat channels, most often Global, Side, and Command to cut down on annoying player voice chat, which unfortunately is tied to the same enable/disable system as text chat.

Try getting close to another player and texting in direct chat, making sure that the nearby player actually sees your message - if B3 responds then this is your issue, if not please post your B3 log so we can take a look at what is happening.

Offline dingos8

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2016, 06:43:07 PM »
Fenix
Thank you for correcting my error. I've followed your advice.

82ndAB.Bravo17
I've tried global, side, group and direct with no result, though !iamgod did work to set me as superadmin a month ago. I'll post the log later today.

Thanks for your prompt responses!

Offline dingos8

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 01:00:32 AM »
Still not getting any response from B3. Nearby player saw my chat in global and direct for !time, !regtest, !admin.  I've attached my b3 log.

B3 log

Thanks,
dingos8

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 05:04:33 AM »
Rcon seems to be having a lot of trouble, there are a lot of missed queries

160411 11:33:03 ERROR    'RCON # no response for command : players'

Can you set log_level down to 8 in your b3 config file and provide another B3 log?

It looks like you are running the linux binaries, not sure if that could be the cause.

Offline dingos8

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 10:21:29 AM »

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2016, 03:32:52 PM »
Can you try adding an entry in the b3 section of your b3 config file, with the name  use_unverified_guid and value True.

If that doesn't work please post a copy of your server console log, not the rpt file but found in the same folder. For a Windows server it is called A3Master_?????.log

Offline dingos8

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2016, 07:59:58 AM »
Problem solved. Based on your comment that Rcon seemed to be experiencing a lot of errors, I went digging. Turns out that with multiple dedicated servers from one installation, the battleye path must be explicitly stated in the startup config for Arma 3.

Per the last line of Battleye's FAQ
I am running multiple dedicated servers from one installation. Is there anything I have to keep in mind regarding BattlEye?
Yes, you have to specify separate BE folders on the command line for the auto-update to work properly. However, this is currently only supported in ArmA.
 For example, if you run 2 servers, you have to specify “-BEpath=[path]” (without the quotes and brackets) on the command line of at least one of the servers.

I've added

Code: [Select]
-BEpath=/home/arma3Dir/battleye
to the startup parameters for my primary server; with that change made, all B3 commands appear to be working.  Thank you for your time and advice.

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2016, 03:07:30 PM »
Good find!

Glad you sorted it out.

Rate this page +1 at Google Search