thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!

Author Topic: cod4 b3 - need to add clients who fail to authenticate to !list anyway  (Read 1094 times)

Offline tunsafun

I am trying to figure out what I need to modify in the authentication part of the cod parser that will make clients who fail to authenticate appear on the !list command anyway, so my administrators can clear out troublemakers who fake their guids

I can still kick these people using rcon with the clientkick command, so I'm guessing that the only thing stopping them from appearing on the !list command is the failure to authenticate.

I am in no way any good with python, I have made a few small modifications to the stock plugins for my clans needs, but this might be a bit beyond my abilities.

I have done a search on this topic and cant seem to find anything, but I will keep on looking while waiting for a reply.

- Tunsafun
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 06:25:09 AM by tunsafun »

Offline ph03n1x

• Lovers and Haters Urban Terror
Which server version are you using? (cod4x, or another)

Please attach your b3.log so we can read what the issue is.

cu :)

Offline tunsafun

I have trimmed this log up for purpose of this report

160410 01:45:39 DEBUG 'PacLite connected, waiting for Authentication...'
160410 01:45:39 DEBUG "Our Authentication queue: {'16': 1}"
160410 01:45:41 DEBUG 'newClient: 16, i5y6jg8d8b77ki4tafaa03ccecl9hh7t, PacLite'
160410 01:45:41 DEBUG 'PacLite not yet fully connected, retrying...#:1'
160410 01:45:45 DEBUG 'newClient: 16, i5y6jg8d8b77ki4tafaa03ccecl9hh7t, PacLite'

It repeats the last two lines counting up to retry #10 until eventually it just says 

160410 01:45:14 DEBUG "Couldn't Auth PacLite, giving up..."

and from then on the bot totally ignores the player, until they rejoin again

I have a GUID checker plugin that should be detecting that the GUID is invalid (not hexadecimal), but it does not work because the bot cant authenticate the player

is there a way to add a player to the !list command regardless of whether they have been authenticated or not, or make the GUID check plugin run before anything else?

Offline ph03n1x

What server version are you running and what B3 version are you running?

Offline tunsafun

server version 1.7 (afaik, whatever version GameServers runs) and b3 bot version 1.9.2 linux

Offline ph03n1x

Ahhh...time to upgrade your b3 to v1.10...many things have changed with the new version...it will definitely make a difference.

Offline tunsafun

well I upgraded the bot and the same thing is happening, still hackers are able to get in with invalid guids and avoid being picked up by the bot.

Offline ph03n1x

Hmmm, have you tried using cod4x binary instead? There have been many improvements that helps block hackers in that version.

cu :)

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything