thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!

Author Topic: How to stop B3 spaming the console  (Read 3259 times)

Offline agodio

How to stop B3 spaming the console
« on: January 23, 2013, 06:52:54 PM »
Hello! I have a 4d1 server of COD MW2 game in my house, I usually chat with players using the game console, but is very difficult not only because the game "writes" on the console but b3 sends "status" command every time, I don't need the status on the console unless I type "status", the question is

Is the any way to avoid B3 spaming the console? many programs sent getstatus request and they don't appear en my console.

thanks a lot!

Offline MordyT

• Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
Re: How to stop B3 spaming the console
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 07:32:52 PM »
this doesn't make sense. You chat with players in game by typing into the console out of game?

The out of game console shows all rcon commands (and game commands) so how any other program can get a status without showing there does not seem likely.

To answer your question, why not use chatlogger and echelon and then you can chat? Or telnet plugin? Or turn B3 off when you want to chat :P
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline agodio

Re: How to stop B3 spaming the console
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2013, 09:22:08 PM »
I didn't know about the existence of telnet for b3, I have installed it and I modified some things:

it only shows the chat of the game instead of chat, connections, disconnections, changes of names, etc (in order to clean the console haha) and I have added the evt_client_team_say to show the team chat (with "[T]" at the beginning just for distinguish them)

thanks a lot!

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything