Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Echelon v2 is not yet officially released! If you cannot get this dev-version installed, revert to version 1 as available in our download section.

Author Topic: Vs2 Config Problems  (Read 2234 times)

Offline GSkill

Vs2 Config Problems
« on: March 19, 2013, 09:17:25 PM »
I installed Echelon 2, had an issue finding the logs with I fixed with helps from these forums. :) Thank you all for the help you give back here.

I'm wondering if the way I corrected the initial error is coming back to haunt me now.
Initially it could not find the Echelon log path lib/log.txt, since I am on hosted site I changed the inc/config/php  log location to:$ech_log_path = "../lib/log.txt";

Since I had to reinstall I also changed the same setting in the Install/config.txt.
It installed, I can log in, pull from the database, see clients, add the  Game Settings.

My probem is I am getting errors adding the server and trying to perform any functions within Echelon banning, temp ban, adding users. ( I can manually the server in the database, but I don't know it will act proper that way)

99% of the errors are: Couldn't find the Echelon Log at: ../lib/log.txt

When attempting to add the Server Settings:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/redqueen/public_html/echelon/actions/settings-server.php on line 50
(I have tripled checked this line to another downloaded copy of Echelon2 and it looks identical)

MySQL
Server: Localhost via UNIX socket
Server version: 5.5.23-55
Protocol version: 10

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 09:54:55 PM by GSkill »

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
  • Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
Re: Vs2 Config Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 03:40:10 AM »
is there a file chmod 77 in the lib folder called log.txt? That is how I had fixed it for my install...
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline GSkill

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 04:51:19 AM »
is there a file chmod 77 in the lib folder called log.txt? That is how I had fixed it for my install...

Tried that, even set it 777 on the whole directory and still the same error. But....I logged out of Echelon, and the FTP and when I log back into Echelon, got the same errors. I then logged into the FTP , the file I had set permissions on was renamed to xlog, and a new log.txt was created with the lower permissions.

Is there a hidden bat file that does this in the directories or something the game provider isn't allowing? (I found a .htaccess file and renamed that, permissions seemed to stay but I am still getting the error.)

I think I used to be a customer of yours, you tried to help me get a very difficult gsp going with B3.  Are you doing any outside support of here now?

« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 01:35:13 PM by GSkill »

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
    • MordyT
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 01:48:47 PM »
Tried that, even set it 777 on the whole directory and still the same error. But....I logged out of Echelon, and the FTP and when I log back into Echelon, got the same errors. I then logged into the FTP , the file I had set permissions on was renamed to xlog, and a new log.txt was created with the lower permissions.

Is there a hidden bat file that does this in the directories or something the game provider isn't allowing? (I found a .htaccess file and renamed that, permissions seemed to stay but I am still getting the error.)

I think I used to be a customer of yours, you tried to help me get a very difficult gsp going with B3.  Are you doing any outside support of here now?

That is a new one for me then. What version of echelon2 are you using? Can you provide a download link?

As for outside support, none at the moment, but stay tuned.

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline GSkill

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 04:22:41 PM »
I normally do pick the difficult ones.....
We are running v.2.0b.2  I have tried 2 different vs of Echelon 2 with the same results.
I have the latest ones installed currently, I downloaded them from Github: https://github.com/WickedShell/echelon/tree/version2/echelon.

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
    • MordyT
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 05:00:04 PM »
Thats the one I used... I don't know what else to tell you - it might have to do with your hosting environment...

Offline GSkill

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 05:13:22 PM »
Thats the one I used... I don't know what else to tell you - it might have to do with your hosting environment...

That's what I was afraid of to, the last one I had we couldn't make it work based on how they handled the logs.
This time I went with one listed from the B3 Hosting page so I'm hoping we can get it this time!

Thank you for your ideas, I'll keep digging I'm not running another server without B3 & Echelon!.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:15:43 PM by GSkill »

Offline GSkill

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 07:05:54 PM »
Well, I thought I would update just in case anyone has these issues.
First I would like to thank MordyT and the people at Rcon-Admin for helping me with this!

The people at Rcon-Admin went extremely out of their way to help me and I was not even a customer! If you looking for hosting...check with them!

It turned out to an issue with permissions and how our GSP was handling the public directories for hosting and unfortunately no one can  see a way around it. (I'm surprised at this as they are a host recommend on the forums here) but...we have set it up with Rcon-Admin and all seems to be well.

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything