thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Echelon v2 is not yet officially released! If you cannot get this dev-version installed, revert to version 1 as available in our download section.

Author Topic: Possible to trace activity?  (Read 2931 times)

Offline Glock

• Running B3 on 4 busy BF3 servers myself! B3 FTW!
Possible to trace activity?
« on: December 01, 2013, 09:11:30 PM »
Hi all,
I have a client who has a serious issue with Echelon - someone (one of their admins) is changing admins' statuses - this is not cricket...

He is also removing any bans issues on the server.

I've done searches in the database and whatnot but it's not really yielding any good results.

Anyone know how I can trace users activity in Echelon either from within Echelon itself or from the databases?

I would appreciate some help on this, as you can imagine it's quite serious and needs addressing pretty urgently.

Many thanks in advance
Need B3 Bot Hosting for your gameservers in the UK & Europe?
Take a look at Rcon-Admin.com
Cheap + reliable B3 Bot hosting in the UK and Europe

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
Re: Possible to trace activity?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 11:43:02 PM »
Anyone know how I can trace users activity in Echelon either from within Echelon itself or from the databases?
I would start by inspecting the webserver access files and error files. Look in those logs for frequent 404 errors from the same IP address or other suspicious accesses.

Offline HogensHero

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2013, 05:54:26 AM »
AS far as I know you are not able to see who is doing what in echelon if you are using version 1.  In version 2 it does generate a log file by each and every admin that you have access the echelon.  Your best bet if you think that there is an issue is to change the password and give it out slowly and observe the database after you give it to your admins.

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2013, 06:43:53 AM »
They should probably start by getting ALL their admins to change their passwords - making sure that they actually do change them by comparing the MD5 hashes in the db from before and after.

It is possible that one of the passwords has been compromised and the admin doesn't realize that it has, allowing someone else to have access.

Offline Glock

• Running B3 on 4 busy BF3 servers myself! B3 FTW!
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 11:47:29 AM »
Thanks for the replies.

Indeed I am struggling to find the relevant info unfortunately...
I have also mentioned to the admin to remove all bar one trusted admin and change all passes.

This should stop it, but of course tracing it would be even better but that's the way it is.
Well again many thanks for the replies.

;)
Need B3 Bot Hosting for your gameservers in the UK & Europe?
Take a look at Rcon-Admin.com
Cheap + reliable B3 Bot hosting in the UK and Europe

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything