Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!

Author Topic: weird behavior on b3  (Read 1360 times)

Offline curiosity

weird behavior on b3
« on: August 27, 2016, 01:53:36 AM »
just reinstalled windows on my hacked pc :P and reinstalled the servers, cod4, b3 and all the other stuff, even got xlrstats web to work and echelon (which i couldn'd before) but after an hour on my cod4 server, there would be some warning messages.. the weird part is that the warnings are not for me :D but for WORLD! and it says something about #rule 2!! (no clan stacking, blah blah blah...) after 3 warnings the WORLD got banned for like 2 hours.

Is there something important i should know about this World, is it normal that b3 bans non player and so on?

i'd really appreciate an well explained reason xD

BTW B3 is awesome, takes a little time to learn the programing part but it is THE BEST managing tool! u guys are doing a gr8 job! keep it up :)

Offline Fenix

• Dev. Team
    • GitHub
Re: weird behavior on b3
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2016, 08:29:03 PM »
Log or it didn't happen! ;D

Offline curiosity

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2016, 06:19:04 PM »
what i said above was what i read in the log files before they got deleted (by accident), anyway i think i fixed it, the antinoob plugin was to blame! B3 warned WORLD for MOD_FALLING and after 3 warnings b3 would tempban WORLD for 3 hours or so! what i did was to move the
Code: [Select]
<weapon mod="MOD_FALLING"></weapon>

to another setting/string/idkwhatthatis, now B3 is not warning or banning world anymore! but i still don't know what the heck World is, or what is the purpose of having it ingame!
anyone who knows what World is?

Offline Fenix

• Dev. Team
    • GitHub
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2016, 08:50:28 PM »
B3 stores kill/hit information in the form <ATTACKER> <killed/hit> <VICTIM>. However, sometime there is no attacker involved in a kill/hit (e.g., MOD_FALLING, MOD_SLAPPED, MOD_NUKED, etc) but still B3 needs to handle the action, so a custom client entry is used as source of the action --> WORLD. So, in other words, WORLD is just a B3 client.

Offline curiosity

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2016, 06:09:11 PM »
thank you a lot for helping me understand this behaviour :)

Rate this page +1 at Google Search