thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
In our support boards we aim to provide support for the B3 core in its current state. Older releases of B3 are NOT supported. Check our front page for the latest version. You may post feature requests in our General Discussion board. Modifications and Hacks of the core B3 code are NOT supported.
Before you ask for support: [ Read the Support Instructions ] - More info: [ Full Support Disclaimer ]

Author Topic: Troubles setting up IDE  (Read 297 times)

Offline Devphreak

Troubles setting up IDE
« on: August 18, 2016, 06:38:42 AM »
Since there no guides or instructions (That I've found) on how to do this, could anybody help me?

The issue is straight forward.
Whenever trying to import b3 it's unknown.  How do I point my ide  (Visual studio w/ Python tools, Python2.7 and pip) to b3 so I can develop my own plugin?

I've tried copying the b3 folder into the python lib folder. Also copying the b3.lib into pythons libs folder didn't do the trick for me. Any suggestions?

Offline Fenix

• Dev. Team
    • GitHub
Re: Troubles setting up IDE
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 09:34:58 AM »
I have never used VisualStudio, and I suggest you to switch over PyCharm which imho is the best IDE for python applications. Once you clone the b3 repository, you create a new project and in the project structure you can specify additional libraries: there you need to point the path to the cloned b3 repository.

Rate this page +1 at Google Search