Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
In our support boards we aim to provide support for the B3 core in its current state. Older releases of B3 are NOT supported. Check our front page for the latest version. You may post feature requests in our General Discussion board. Modifications and Hacks of the core B3 code are NOT supported.
Before you ask for support: [ Read the Support Instructions ] - More info: [ Full Support Disclaimer ]

Author Topic: Using B3 with Day of Infamy Standalone  (Read 856 times)

Offline MrFancyFeastTheGreat

Using B3 with Day of Infamy Standalone
« on: July 31, 2016, 02:31:20 PM »
Hello,

I was hoping to set up a B3 bot on a server running the new Day of Infamy standalone game, but have run into some issues. I've tried the Insurgency parser as well as the CSGO parser but both keep throwing a 'source mod not installed' error. The issue is that source mod is installed (I have a B3 bot running on an insurgency server on the same box). Maybe I'm just missing something - stupidity is always possible :p

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

B3 log: http://pastebin.com/GzZzX73r

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
Re: Using B3 with Day of Infamy Standalone
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2016, 07:13:59 PM »
Possibly silly question, but do you have Sourcemod installed for each game? I think it has to be done on a .exe by .exe basis.

If so, does Day of Infamy respond correctly to the sm_version query?

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2016, 09:27:20 PM »
Source mod is installed on both the insurgency and the DoI. I can run the sm version command in the console and get a response, although all I did to install it was unzip it...i don't remember ever using an exe.

Before I posted I even went as far as to open the insurgency parser python code and have a look just to see if it was possibly just because of some compatability issue with DoI standalone itself...obviously not, but when you're this desperate you'll try anything lol.

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2016, 09:32:31 PM »
Also...I don't know if it means anything, but I just noticed that when I change off of the default port for DoI (which is 27015) on both the server setup and the b3 config...b3 can't seem to send rcons to the server. I tried using a different port for both and it couldn't. Not to mention it doesn't flash the b3_say commands in the server console (which it did on Insurgency) when I start the bot.

I could be wrong but to me that almost sounds like it isn't b3 at all, but DoI...

Offline 82ndAB.Bravo17

• Dev. Team
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2016, 11:47:00 PM »
What response do you get for sm version?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 11:51:09 PM by 82ndAB.Bravo17 »

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2016, 05:38:59 PM »
Actually...I found the problem. And feel stupid now.

It wasn't sourcemod it was just that the server logs were being written to the wrong place lol. B3 is running fine now. Sometimes I overlook the simplest solutions to problems ::)

Thanks for the help though Bravo, much appreciated!

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything