thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
In our support boards we aim to provide support for the B3 core in its current state. Older releases of B3 are NOT supported. Check our front page for the latest version. You may post feature requests in our General Discussion board. Modifications and Hacks of the core B3 code are NOT supported.
Before you ask for support: [ Read the Support Instructions ] - More info: [ Full Support Disclaimer ]

Author Topic: Problem installing Xlrstats Webfront  (Read 1875 times)

Offline TaNoSaTaNiC

Problem installing Xlrstats Webfront
« on: April 06, 2014, 06:43:22 PM »
Hello..
I'm using b3 since like a month, and I like it so much that I'm trying to install the Xlrstats Webfront on my website..

The website is still under construction.. it's kinda new.. So I decide to install this webfront before finish it..

I will explain what I exactly did, and finally post my error:

1) I have a VPS with a MW2 server running on it (OS: Ubuntu 12.04 x86)..

2) I've installed B3 on it.. and it works great.. I installed the B3 that came with xlrstats plugin already.. when I put commands such !xlrstats or !xlrtopstats it works great

3) I've made a webpage into a new webhost (I do not want to install the webpage in the same VPS becouse I want it full dedicated for the MW2 Server).. The webpage is running smoothly.. no problem at all

4) I wanted to install XLRWebfront.. to do it I read that I need to configurate my MySQL on VPS to let be accesed remotly, since I will running the Webfront on another host..
I did it.. I create a new user.. with a password.. and GRANTED ALL to this..
The user that I've created is "xlr" and is bound to the IP of my website:

http://gyazo.com/f17a58a16b497ac878f82aa514d26138

there you can see the user and host table of my SQL..
I also delete the lines from the config file of MySQL that bind the ip to localhost, and the skip-network

5) I proceed to install then the Webfront on my webhost..
Everything is going fine.. I made a database locally for the right Webfront installation.. I linked the B3 database to my VPS when it ask me to do it, with the proper user and password..
It let me do it all without error and I can complete the installation..

6) And here is the error.. When I finish the installation, I get redirect automatically to my Xlrstat page (http://mydomain.com/xlrstats) and the following appear:

http://gyazo.com/bc08074fe9ef2c309530eaca143b4a02

I checked my Website Database, and all is fine, even the SERVER db, with all VPS B3 db info on it:

http://gyazo.com/034597796eb87263b67e189c550ed948

Well, in the error I see that something is trying to connect to my MySQL (the one of webhost)..
I don't understand why.. What I understand is that I need to connect to my VPS DB, and not the opposit..
Btw, I don't know from where the IP 31.170.166.33 come from.. is not my VPS or Webhost IP

I also check the ports:

VPS Ports:

http://gyazo.com/7befad2bad9497f997c437cbfe685c15

Webhost Ports:

http://gyazo.com/21fff1932b02d0cd046d76ec638adf04

As you can see, the MySQL port is opened on my VPS (where I have B3 Database) and closed on my Webhost..
Is that the source of the problem? Becouse I'm on a Webhost free plan and I can't open it..
And why should I open that port in my webhoster? I only need to link the VPS to the Webhoster, and not viceversa..

Can anyone help me?

Offline ph03n1x

• Lovers and Haters Urban Terror
Re: Problem installing Xlrstats Webfront
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 06:21:05 AM »
Questions:

1) Do you use Linux?
If so, use the terminal to make a connection to the mysql server. Use the following:
Code: [Select]
mysql -u xlr -p -h <IP>

2) Depending on the method you used to install the user, you would have to flush privileges. Did you flush privileges (mysql> FLUSH PRIVILEGES;) after installing the MySQL user?

3) Are you sure the configuration is right?
What I mean: In the image of your mysql connecting IP, you seem to have 185.28.x.x and in the error message snapshot, the server is using 31.170.166.33.

Let me know.

Good luck!
:)

Offline TaNoSaTaNiC

Problem installing Xlrstats Webfront
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 01:28:10 PM »
Hi  ph03n1x.. Thanks for your replay

About your questions:

1)

Both, my VPS and Webhoster are on Linux, but I only have full control on my VPS.. That command line that you send to me I guess that should be executed on my Webhost right? Right there I don't have full control of the host.. As you can see of my previous post, the port 22 (SHH connection) is closed.. So, I can't do that.. There is anyway to simulate the connection from the same VPS?

2)

As much I know about MyuSQL (and is not much xD), I understand that FLUSH PRIVILEGE is used only when the INSERT command.. on GRANT command is not necessary...
Anyway, the FLUSH PRIVILEGE is required only when you can't restart the server...
After I create the new user I inmediatly restart the whole server, so the change has been take effect

3)

As I said in my first post:
Btw, I don't know from where the IP 31.170.166.33 come from.. is not my VPS or Webhost IP
I have no idea what that IP is.. It seems that IP is trying to read my MySQL on Webhost side.. There I have MySQL port closed..
The only MySQL configurated to been accesed remotly is the one with the B3 on it (VPS MySQL)..

I really don't know from that IP came from..
There is a main server of XLRStats that need to collect all data? Maybe that is their IP trying to collect my Stats..
I really confuse.. Don't know what is it

Offline TaNoSaTaNiC

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 01:33:38 PM »

Offline ph03n1x

• Lovers and Haters Urban Terror
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2014, 04:36:05 PM »
Ah, I should have been clearer. I meant to say that your web server is at ip 31.170.166.33 and that is what it should be ... I need to stop drinking before visiting forum... xD

I also forgot to mention that the code I left can be used on any terminal (which is why you specify the IP to emulate).

Glad you got it fixed..

Have fun!
:)

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything