Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!

Author Topic: B3 host needed  (Read 5496 times)

Offline Spinnzz

B3 host needed
« on: December 19, 2013, 10:32:42 PM »
So, after my private host decided to quit I had to go looking for a new host for the B3 bot. Decided to check out LowPing Gamservers, skipped fast through the payment and got the server, then I found out that they dont support Black Ops (Cod7) bleh.

I also checked out the non affliated providers but yeah, dosent seem like many of thoose are running/providing b3. Does anyone know about a host that supports black ops?

Offline ph03n1x

• Lovers and Haters Urban Terror
Re: B3 host needed
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 04:42:56 AM »
In the B3 hosting section (http://www.bigbrotherbot.net/hosting), there is a hosting provider named jestservers.com. I have been with LPGS and they didn't meet my needs. Before actually signing up, I contacted jestservers about my needs, within 1 hour I got a reply saying that their affiliate (http://lowlatencyservers.com) can offer me an extremely low priced VPS system that I can use to set my system up which will meet my requirements.

Note that this requires some technical knowledge as you will have to set everything up from scratch. This fit my needs as I have a professional technical background. I got a VPS with Ubuntu installed within 5 minutes of signing up, took me about 1 hour to get everything up and running. No regrets since.

I suggest you head over and hit the contact form below if you cannot find the info you need. They are super fast to reply and very reasonably priced.

Good luck with your setup!
:)

Offline Spinnzz

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 09:28:34 PM »
Thanks for the reply!

Well, I really don't have much experience with setting up a B3 bot from scratch, would love a service where they set up everything for me :P

Offline Thomaxius

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 02:09:38 AM »
Well, if you're in Europe I can suggest bwhosting.org. Not sure if they're willing to setup just B3, but you could ask them. Basically they set up everything for you and you get FTP access. I myself can handle my B3 myself, so I haven't asked them about problems related to B3, so I cannot say how far they're able to help with it.

Other one I can suggest is chris32.

Offline Glock

• Running B3 on 4 busy BF3 servers myself! B3 FTW!
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 01:29:58 PM »
hi Spinnzz,

Don't know if I should really say on the forums but -
I can help you with B3 hosting.
If you need something set up soon, PM me or email me through the links provided in my signature.

Many thanks
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 01:31:58 PM by Glock »
Need B3 Bot Hosting for your gameservers in the UK & Europe?
Take a look at Rcon-Admin.com
Cheap + reliable B3 Bot hosting in the UK and Europe

Offline Spinnzz

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 09:05:05 PM »
Sent a request to bwhosting, but still havent gotten any response :/ But now its holidays so I guess it can take a while!

Offline Thomaxius

« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2013, 03:14:01 PM »
Its holiday time so yeah, it can take a while. If you end up choosing them, if you could mention me (tommis) as a refferal, that'd be great. No need to though.

Offline ph03n1x

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 05:09:45 PM »
I can help you with setup, if you want. As along as you ask for Ubuntu or Debian Linux Operating System, I will be able to set everything up for you. Let me know if you need some help.

Good luck!

:)

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
  • Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2014, 04:41:54 PM »
If you can get a linux VPS, I have some video tutorials here on how to setup b3 on a VPS from scratch.

Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline ph03n1x

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2014, 03:28:34 AM »
Yes, almost forgot. MordyT's videos are gold when it comes to information on system setup.

Rate this page +1 at Google Search