Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
In our support boards we aim to provide support for the B3 core in its current state. Older releases of B3 are NOT supported. Check our front page for the latest version. You may post feature requests in our General Discussion board. Modifications and Hacks of the core B3 code are NOT supported.
Before you ask for support: [ Read the Support Instructions ] - More info: [ Full Support Disclaimer ]

Author Topic: [REQ]Battlefield Hardline support  (Read 3825 times)

Offline TmR

[REQ]Battlefield Hardline support
« on: March 24, 2015, 11:10:50 AM »
Since Battlefield Hardline is on the frostbite engine, should be no problem is guess?

Offline MordyT

• Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
Re: [REQ]Battlefield Hardline support
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2015, 01:25:19 AM »
Generally in order for a game to be support, all of the following need to happen:

1) Meet requirements: http://wiki.bigbrotherbot.net/customize:parser:requirements (this it most likely does)
2) Have either enough game licenses donated (or money to purchase) as well as a server license.
3) Have (a) developer(s) willing to write the code for this.

It also helps to have many forum members requesting support.
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline TmR

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 04:24:23 PM »
Generally in order for a game to be support, all of the following need to happen:

1) Meet requirements: http://wiki.bigbrotherbot.net/customize:parser:requirements (this it most likely does)
2) Have either enough game licenses donated (or money to purchase) as well as a server license.
3) Have (a) developer(s) willing to write the code for this.

It also helps to have many forum members requesting support.
What do you mean with game licenses donated? I can give access to my server :)
Can we somehow have a poll or something and advertise B3 for BF Hardline?

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2015, 07:14:14 PM »
The first thing is to find a dev with time and motivation for it

Offline Fenix

• Dev. Team
    • GitHub
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2015, 07:26:17 PM »
I can give it a try, even though I'm not familiar with Frostbite engine, but if the game engine is the same being used by BF4, the changes to the parser would be minimal.

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 10:45:27 AM »
here's some documentation for BFH

Offline MordyT

• Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 10:15:01 PM »
What do you mean with game licenses donated? I can give access to my server :) Can we somehow have a poll or something and advertise B3 for BF Hardline?
In order for a dev to develop, they sometimes need the game itself and a server to simulate events, etc. There needs to either be the game or money to purchase the game.

*note as I don't wrote parsers, I don't know if this has changed, but this is what it needed in the past*
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline Fenix

• Dev. Team
    • GitHub
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2015, 11:53:02 AM »
We started developing the BFH parser but since we do not own a game license nor a gameserver we are left with automated tests which still would need to be adapted for BFH. Could you grab the B3 development snapshot from here: https://github.com/BigBrotherBot/big-brother-bot/archive/bfh.zip and try it on your server?. Also set the B3 log level down to 8 and post a full b3 log. Obviously report any error you experience ;)

Offline TmR

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2015, 12:46:24 PM »
We started developing the BFH parser but since we do not own a game license nor a gameserver we are left with automated tests which still would need to be adapted for BFH. Could you grab the B3 development snapshot from here: https://github.com/BigBrotherBot/big-brother-bot/archive/bfh.zip and try it on your server?. Also set the B3 log level down to 8 and post a full b3 log. Obviously report any error you experience ;)
Well, if you guys dont have a game license, it's gonna be hard to develop. I dont have time to check that much on my server too =/ 
Also my server isnt full that often =(

Offline Fenix

• Dev. Team
    • GitHub
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2015, 12:49:58 PM »
We can get a game license but also with it we won't be able to test the parser in a live environment were people are actually shooting each other etc. I'll speak with the other devs and let's see what we can do.

Offline TmR

« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2015, 02:46:31 PM »
We can get a game license but also with it we won't be able to test the parser in a live environment were people are actually shooting each other etc. I'll speak with the other devs and let's see what we can do.
Renting my server at gameservers.com but i cant seem to get a logfile in the panel..

edit: Requested a log file from the support.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 02:50:07 PM by TmR »

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2015, 04:50:47 PM »
There is no need for a game log file for game using the frostbite engine. What's required is rcon access to the game server

Offline TmR

« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2015, 07:40:41 PM »
There is no need for a game log file for game using the frostbite engine. What's required is rcon access to the game server
Alright, if you have a dev ready, he can PM or e-mail me for RCON password but as mentioned before, server is not full atm.
Running ProCon till B3 is ready ;)

Offline TmR

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2015, 08:13:20 PM »
We started developing the BFH parser but since we do not own a game license nor a gameserver we are left with automated tests which still would need to be adapted for BFH. Could you grab the B3 development snapshot from here: https://github.com/BigBrotherBot/big-brother-bot/archive/bfh.zip and try it on your server?. Also set the B3 log level down to 8 and post a full b3 log. Obviously report any error you experience ;)
Do i set the config to BFH or BF4?

Offline Fenix

• Dev. Team
    • GitHub
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2015, 12:05:23 AM »
bfh

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything