Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: Openbanter 1.0b  (Read 26426 times)

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
Re: Openbanter 0.3
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2013, 11:53:54 PM »
Wow! So I've just finished my first year at uni, I've got home, I'm really bored, crack out CoD4, end up on a B3 server.

Realise that this was my first ever piece of programming.

It was a load of junk.

I've basically rewritten it. It does the same stuff, just better. There's a minor disadvantage in that !help gj and whatever isn't useful anymore, but it's a small price to pay for limitless configuration etc.

I appreciate that this isn't a popular plugin so don't expect people to use it, but if you do and have issues, I'll fix bugs up to October of this year - email me at j dot baker at outlook dot com.

Offline Garrett

Re: Openbanter 1.0b
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2014, 05:32:26 PM »
bakes is it possibile to change .py code or modify it so it outputs all <phrase> instead of choosing random one random.choice(self.phrases)

I've tried by myself and i fail each time, can you post some code how to do it.
Goal is to have something like this :

-user type command you set in config.xml file, lets call it !join
-on your b3 advertising plugin you will notify users like : type !join to see joining requirements
-when user type !join he will get  PM list of all messages for that command under tag <phrase> instead of getting random choice (similiar or same when you type !rules you get pm list)
-this then be used for like read news with !news, see serverlist with !server, and many more

Didn't found any plugin that's near this in terms of custom commands. And advertising plugin is boring and useless, spamming. This way i want point my players to use certain comands and get PM respond

Regards, Garrett

Offline herron

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2016, 08:08:59 PM »
Hello, I get this error when I try to load the plugin:

161113 21:00:32 BOT     'Loading Plugin #7 openbanter [conf\\openbanter.xml]'
161113 21:00:32 INFO 'openbanter is not a built-in plugin (No module named openbanter)'
161113 21:00:32 INFO 'trying external plugin directory : C:\\Users\\Administrator\\Desktop\\b3\\extplugins'
161113 21:00:32 BOT     'OpenbanterPlugin: Loading config conf\\openbanter.xml for OpenbanterPlugin'
161113 21:00:32 ERROR 'Error loading plugin openbanter'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "b3\parser.pyo", line 674, in loadPlugins
  File "b3\plugin.pyo", line 56, in __init__
  File "b3\plugin.pyo", line 115, in loadConfig
  File "C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\b3\extplugins\openbanter.py", line 59, in onLoadConfig
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'text'

I added openbanter.py in the b3/extplugins folder and the openbanter.xml in the b3/extplugin/conf folder.
In b3.xml I have this added:  <plugin name="openbanter" config="@conf/openbanter.xml"/>

Can anyone help please?

Offline benji

« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2016, 12:32:11 AM »
config="@conf/openbanter.xml"/>
 Should be: [email protected]/conf/openbanter.XML
Hope of worked

Offline herron

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2016, 01:57:52 AM »
Ah right, thanks ! All working now !

Rate this page +1 at Google Search