Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: banlist plugin  (Read 87396 times)

Offline ryry46d9

• B3 Contrib/Support
    • Pb| clan
Re: banlist plugin v2.1.2
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2010, 07:24:37 PM »
The problem I run into sometimes is people aren't banned by typing !pb, instead it writes their IP to the permanent list and doesn't do anything from there.
If I pointed the banlist plugin to look at echelons banlist, would that work?
If not is their some way I could make a command to add to a banlist that the plugin could use?

I'm running Linux, and the only way I've found would be to make a script that would wget the banlist from the site, save it to a file and have the plugin read it from there, please let me know if you think that would work, or if there's a better way to do it, I don't know much about python scripting so if there's a way to do the equivalent I'd love to know, Thanks.

vim b3/extplugins/conf/banlist.xml

add
Code: [Select]
<ip_banlist>
<name>echelon</name>
<file>/place/to/keep/echelon.txt</file>
<force_ip_range>yes</force_ip_range>
<message>^4$name^7 is ^1BANNED^7</message>
<url>http://yourwebsite/echelon/banlist.php</url>
</ip_banlist>

<ip_banlist>
<name>game</name>
<file>/location/to/your/game/banlist.txt</file>
<force_ip_range>no</force_ip_range>
<message>^4$name^7 is ^1BANNED^7</message>
</ip_banlist>
I chmod'ed 777 /place/to/keep/
then !reconfig in game and got
100213 10:11:54	INFO	BanlistPlugin: [echelon] updating from http://ryry.mine.nu/echelon/banlist.php
100213 10:11:54 DEBUG BanlistPlugin: [echelon] will be autoupdated at 0 min of every hour
« Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 08:59:53 PM by ryry46d9 »

Offline Dark_Sattis

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2010, 11:28:23 PM »
greetings, id like to ban a "guidrange", like say  * ktkwftmkemfew304/10/10 where the * is everything before the ktk..
i tried adding the guid in it, however it seems to only find it when its an exact match.
or should i just post ktkwftmkemfew and it "finds" everything that matches this guid part?

regards.

Offline ryry46d9

• B3 Contrib/Support
    • Pb| clan
« Reply #32 on: April 20, 2010, 12:11:52 AM »
under URT its a wast to guid ban since you get a new guid on every server
 best bet is to rangeban ips x.x.x.0

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2010, 12:32:20 AM »
actually it does have a purpose for some hacks that fake the guid and make them similar accross servers (the famous 'ktkwftmkemfew3<somedate>' is one of them

@Dark_Sattis: in the banlist.py file, find
if re.compile("([\n]|^)%s" % client.guid, re.IGNORECASE).search(banlist) is not None:
replace with
if re.compile("%s" % client.guid, re.IGNORECASE).search(banlist) is not None:

it should work
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 09:42:11 AM by Courgette »

Offline ryry46d9

• B3 Contrib/Support
    • Pb| clan
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2010, 01:25:42 AM »
nice, I was unaware of this
under Echelon I typed in the search box :
ktkwftmkemfew
and got:
10:58:01ktkwftmkemfew302/14/11

« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 01:27:28 AM by ryry46d9 »

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2010, 09:44:12 AM »
@ryry46d9: you could come up with a sql query that select all guid which are not :
  • 32 hexadecimal digits
  • equals to the IP address (this happens with old legitimates Quake3 clients)
It will give you an overview of how much cheaters join your server (~2% on mine)

Offline ryry46d9

• B3 Contrib/Support
    • Pb| clan
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2010, 08:44:53 AM »
@ryry46d9: you could come up with a sql query that select all guid which are not :
  • 32 hexadecimal digits
  • equals to the IP address (this happens with old legitimates Quake3 clients)
It will give you an overview of how much cheaters join your server (~2% on mine)
I googled on how to make this but I must be trying in the wrong search string. can you post a example? or some google key words

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #37 on: April 28, 2010, 09:08:12 AM »
get the hackers :
Code: sql [Select]
SELECT * FROM `clients` WHERE (
  guid <> "WORLD"
  and guid not regexp "^[0-9a-fA-F]{32}$"
  and guid <> ip
)

Offline ryry46d9

• B3 Contrib/Support
    • Pb| clan
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2010, 09:58:37 AM »
I still don't understand fully how it works :)  but with this version I got IP's = GUID  listed as well.

SELECT * FROM `clients` WHERE ( guid <> "WORLD" and guid not regexp "^[0-9a-fA-F]{32}$" and guid <> 'ip' )

« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 11:29:00 AM by ryry46d9 »

Offline Armani

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2010, 02:28:53 AM »
Hello and thanks for this great plugin  ;D
I just have a couple of questions:

1- What is the correct syntax to range ban ?
 Lets say I want to ban the IPs from 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255 I tried:
10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255

2- to be more specific I want in the banlist to Deny all the IPs and in the whitelist to allow only the subnets assigned to my country (so everyone will have a low ping and speak the same language :P)
Is it doable ? Thanks.

Offline Courgette

• Senior Dev.
    • Github repository
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2010, 02:59:15 AM »
when "ip range" is used in this plugin it is not meant as the "ip range" as a network admin would think of.

In this plugin, the "ip range" is understood the same it is in the quake3 engine. In other words a range is only a /24 or 255.255.255.0 mask.

123.213.132.0 is a range for 123.213.132.0/24. It will basically mean any IP which starts with "123.213.132."

I hope this clarifies things.

And for your second question, you know understand this is not the plugin you are looking for :)
Check plugins with 'country' in their names. If I remember correctly one of them as an option to also filter players.

Offline Armani

« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2010, 12:54:34 PM »
Ah great thanks,
I found the CountryFiler plugin and installed it and it works like a charm thanks again for your fast reply :D

Offline grosbedo

• Former Dev. (senate)
« Reply #42 on: August 17, 2010, 06:26:56 PM »
If I understand well how this plugin works, you need 1 thing : a master server where there are banslists maintained manually by some people, and then with this plugin any game server can "attach" to these list.

If this is right, then this is a centralized system : banlists resides only in some specific places.

Why not make a decentralized system ? I mean, B3 can now set reasons for bans, and you can do all these from in-game. I think it would be great if these bans lists could be converted in the same format as this plugin support, and then anyone would be able to share its own banlists. There wouldn't be the need of maintainers anymore.

/EDIT : As I can see here :
http://www.bigbrotherbot.net/forums/configurations/post-your-banlist-url%27s-here/

One can use Echelon for this purpose. But Echelon is needed, and it's not available currently XD I will test when it will be released.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 06:29:04 PM by grosbedo »

Offline grosbedo

• Former Dev. (senate)
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2010, 11:21:50 AM »
Latest download link is dead (the one in the Downloads part of the website, it give the b3 unstable archive instead). The Sourcecode link is fine.

Offline ryry46d9

• B3 Contrib/Support
    • Pb| clan
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2010, 11:58:08 AM »
I'm sure I posted this some where but can't find it so here goes round two: :)

I have my bots pulling the banlist.txt from each server then uploading to /var/www/banlists, mine and a few others Echelon, and the UAA banlist

you got two ways of doing this:
1)
have each bot pull from the server it looks after and distribute the echelon / UAA load across them

2)
make a master and a slave file
the bot with the least amount of traffic  (we all have one ;) ) will be the master server. it pulls all the files and dumps them to your world readable directory
then you just have all the other bots read from this location

so far #2 has been working out great for me #1 was a pain when adding a new server to the system, this way I just have to edit the slave file and dump it across all the bots then edit the master,  saved me alot of work

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything