thankyou
Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
The creator of these plugins has not shown activity in a while. Posting in this board may not result in a fast reply or a reply at all. [ Read the full Support Disclaimer here ]
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: SuperAdmin plugin  (Read 25964 times)

Offline Ismael

SuperAdmin plugin
« on: February 21, 2009, 10:52:53 PM »
********* New functionality provided *********
**** General Admin ****

!superlookup or !slookup

Superlookup extends the lookup mechanism. Currently, lookup will only find players that are currently using a certain name. Superlookup will also find all players that used a name and changed it. This is useful for hunting people that use another's player name, cheat in their name, and change it.

!allaliases or !allalias

Allaliases extends the alias command, and will not limit itself to 10 answers as alias does. Optional parameter <detailed> will show alias creation and modification time plus number of times the alias was used.

!listbans or !lb

Listbans will display *ALL* active bans, expiration time, which admin applied it and what reason the admin gave. Optional parameter <admin> will list bans only by that admin.

!superbaninfo or !sbaninfo

Superbaninfo will display more information on a player's ban, including expiration time, which admin applied it and what reason the admin gave.

!listids or !lids

Listids will display the player ids of every online player. Alternatively, it can be used with a name, in which case, it will display the id of that player. By default, it's available to all players. The idea is that when someone demos a cheater, they can include the player id for easier banning afterwards.

**** Ban Watcher ****
** New commands **

!pastbans or !pab

Pastbans will display all past bans (tempbans and bans) of a player, who applied the ban and the expiration of the ban.

** New functionality **

If enabled is set to True, every time an admin applies a ban or a banned player tries to join all online admins will be told the amount of past bans that player has.

**** Notices ****

This plugin will enhance the functionality on notices. To apply a notice to a player use !notice (normal bot command).

** New commands **
!lookupnotices or !lnot

Lookupnotices will display all active notices for a player

!deletenotice or !delnot

Deletenotice will mark notice #number as inactive. The number is obtained from the !lnot listing.

** New functionality **

If lookup_on_login is set to True, the bot will search for a player's notices whenever it connects. If the player has notices, every online admin will get the listing of notices the player has.

*** Notes

This plugin has only been tested with the latest development (git head as of 21/02/09) B3 and on UrT 4.1 on python 2.5 and python 2.4. It will probably work on older B3 and other games.

Download:
SuperAdmin1.4.7.1.zip

« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 08:33:29 PM by Ismael »

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
Re: Superlookup and allaliases plugin
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 11:26:08 PM »
This is a good idea, but remember, b3 sometimes (v. rare) messes up the aliases, especially if you are running it remote or restart it.

So, you might end up with bogus results.

Offline flinkaflenkaflrsk

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2009, 09:46:39 AM »
yeah especially if you have been running it with urt the aliases are not as reliable

Offline Ismael

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 01:53:11 AM »
New release. Details in top post.

Re: Superlookup, allaliases, listbans, superbaninfo plugin
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 07:55:35 AM »
question on the listbans

I noticed your SQL statement
Code: [Select]
SELECT c.id, c.name, p.time_expire, p.reason
FROM penalties p, clients c
WHERE p.client_id = c.id AND
p.inactive = 0 AND
(type='Ban' OR type='TempBan') AND
p.time_expire >= UNIX_TIMESTAMP() """)
Since we have quite a big DB with a lot of permabans it would block B3 if we would execute a listban for some time if he has to dump out everything.

Suggestions:
Make Permbans a setting yes/no  so it can dump them out or not
make the tables configurable?

Offline Ismael

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2009, 03:41:58 PM »
Since we have quite a big DB with a lot of permabans it would block B3 if we would execute a listban for some time if he has to dump out everything.

Yes, both !listbans and !allaliases have the potential to take a good while for the bot. They're not supposed to be "everyday" commands, but rather a tool for admins.

Suggestions:
Make Permbans a setting yes/no  so it can dump them out or not
make the tables configurable?

I'm sorry, I don't quite get what you mean. Could you please explain a bit more?
You mean having a command that will only list BANS and not TempBans depending on a setting?

Offline eire.32

• Echelon v2. Dev.
  • Former Dev. (senate)
    • e32designs.com
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 04:48:55 PM »
Well even if it is not an everyday command even for admins it will still kill the bot. I have over 4500 bans in my database. If i was to list bans the bot would either die or crash. Maybe adding ceteria to the command like !listbans <name> or !listbans <id> or !listbans <adminname>. Something like that. Its a good idea, I really like it.
Eire.32
Eire.32

Offline Ismael

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2009, 05:34:48 PM »
Well even if it is not an everyday command even for admins it will still kill the bot. I have over 4500 bans in my database. If i was to list bans the bot would either die or crash. Maybe adding ceteria to the command like !listbans <name> or !listbans <id> or !listbans <adminname>. Something like that. Its a good idea, I really like it.

The first two cases are handled by !sbaninfo, it will tell you specifics of the bans applied to a certain player.
!listbans <adminname> is a good idea. I'll implement it later :)

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2009, 06:23:57 PM »
my suggestion was to only list temp bans. with specification is even better ofcourse :)

not to take away your enthousiasm because I really think it is great you are taking this up, however doesnt echelon provide a webfront for not every day tasks or even a direct interface on the database if needed.

Offline Ismael

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2009, 06:33:19 PM »
Of course you can look this all up in the DB if you have access to it. But I don't, so I need the plugin :)

New release :)
- Fixed stupid typo (sorry if I crashed your bot!  :-[ )
- allalias now takes optional parameter to show more details
- listbans now takes optional parameter to show only bans by that admin

Offline Ismael

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2009, 07:08:33 PM »
New release!

Renamed to SuperAdmin because I have added many different services by now.

New in this release:
**** Ban Watcher ****
** New commands **

!pastbans or !pb

Pastbans will display all past bans (tempbans and bans) of a player, who applied the ban and the expiration of the ban.

** New functionality **

If enabled is set to True, every time an admin applies a ban a !pb will be executed on the banned player. Every online admin will get the ban history.

**** Notices ****

This plugin will enhance the functionality on notices. To apply a notice to a player use !notice (normal bot command).

** New commands **
!lookupnotices or !lnot

Lookupnotices will display all active notices for a player

!deletenotice or !delnot

Deletenotice will mark notice #number as inactive. The number is obtained from the !lnot listing.

** New functionality **

If lookup_on_login is set to True, the bot will search for a player's notices whenever it connects. If the player has notices, every online admin will get the listing of notices the player has.

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
Re: SuperAdmin plugin
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2009, 07:57:37 PM »
1 problem:

!pb is also an alias for permban

Offline Ismael

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2009, 10:24:07 PM »
Updated.
Changes:
- Changed pb to pab (thanks Bakes)
- When client connects or is banned, the bot will only tell amount of past bans. Full history still accesible through !pastbans.

Any ideas for enhancements are welcomed!

Offline FinePoints

« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 07:48:32 PM »
I really like the idea of this plugin!

Though when using any of its commands B3 pretty much dies.  It don't seem to be crashing all the way as it still is throwing up our spams we got setup with B3.

Side Note: We do have quite a large database

Offline Bakes

• B3 Contrib/Support
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2009, 08:06:35 PM »
does it return, at any point?

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything