Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
The creator of these plugins has not shown activity in a while. Posting in this board may not result in a fast reply or a reply at all. [ Read the full Support Disclaimer here ]
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: Voting Plugin  (Read 38358 times)

Offline Ismael

Re: Voting Plugin
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 09:53:19 PM »
Doing the restart like that will abort any voting that takes place near the end of the round. For example, say I start a vote and then the round ends. Since the next round starts, the vote is cancelled and I get no chance to make my vote. In CTF that workaround will work since there the round starts only once every 15-20min, but in TS or BOMB, where each round lasts at most 3 min that approach will fail.

Offline danger89

• JoinMyServer - Game Servers
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 10:45:06 PM »
@Ismael
I need to test this script on the official server or not (yet)?

@KnightOrk
Thank you!
JoinMyServer.com
Call of Duty 4 Game Servers

Offline KnightOrk

« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2010, 09:33:18 PM »
If Ismael is right, and I fear he is it, then i will have to write a new version.

Sorry about that mistake, cause i thought the Round_Start Event only take effect ones on Map start (because I play CTF it's working fine at moment)

This Time I will need a little bit more time, cause my own PC don't work anymore... I need to try to repair it first.

I think about a fix of this Bug next Weekend.

Offline danger89

« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2010, 11:24:55 PM »
@Ismael/Bakes
Ok, sorry i can't give you any logfile (yet), hopeluy I can give it soon.

@KnightOrk
Good luck ;)

EDIT:
I got a log file, but I can NOT enable debugger ON, because I got to many players on the server (the logfile would be too big).

console_mp.log:
Build 13620 Thu Oct 04 00:43:04 2007
logfile opened on Sun Jan  3 08:27:17 2010

dedicated is read only.

Dangerous_I!votemap mp_killhouse
Rcon from 127.0.0.1:-17628:
tell

games_mp.log:
19413:08 say;xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx;11;Dangerous_I;!votemap mp_killhouse

b3.log:
100116 19:53:54   CONSOLE   19413:08 say;xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx;11;Dangerous_I;!votemap mp_killhouse

This is all I can give to you, if I restart Big Brother Bot the problem with "A vote is already in progress, wait until it finishes" is disappear. So that is why I can't give you more info. I need to wait longer to get the bug...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 02:16:16 AM by danger89 »
JoinMyServer.com

Offline Ismael

« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2010, 03:39:04 PM »
I need the log of the last successful vote and the first unsuccessful vote (the first time it says "a vote is in progress").

If your server is CTF or TDM, Knight's fix will work.

What I don't understand about the bug is that the chain of cron events should ALWAYS execute, and the last function clears the vote... Unless, there's some way to clean the cron queue?  ???  ???
I'll write a version that doesn't use cron and we'll test that to see if it works...

Offline danger89

« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2010, 05:17:45 PM »
OK I just run TDM, so lucky me I can try this fix.

EDIT:
My B3 don't start anymore using Knight's fix. I use this plugin for CoD4.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 05:24:13 PM by danger89 »
JoinMyServer.com

Offline KnightOrk

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 06:57:05 AM »
The Fix is working fine on my CTF Server, since a few Days.

I am sorry that I can't attach the voting.py cause it's on my own PC, and it's still not working. I fear the CPU god a Damage a new one is on the road... Until the nixt Fix try the original Files from Ismael.

Offline tynman

• Devil Dogs Hosting LLC
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2010, 10:47:08 AM »
Hello

I really like this plugin and would like to cont. to use this. My problem is that If I am on Map1 and we votemap to map5 after map5 it goes back to the map2 and is the reason we didn't want to play it. I would rather it leave from map5 to map6.

Also when a vote passes then you can not call a vote the next map or for the next 5 mins? even if it is denied this would be nice too to stop the vote abuse.

possible ?

thanks you

Offline Ismael

« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2010, 05:53:03 PM »
I really like this plugin and would like to cont. to use this. My problem is that If I am on Map1 and we votemap to map5 after map5 it goes back to the map2 and is the reason we didn't want to play it. I would rather it leave from map5 to map6.

That's weird. I don't know which game does that. The vote plugin makes the server do "/rcon map xxxx", so it should behave exactly as that does. In UrT the server picks the next map in the rotation always.

Also when a vote passes then you can not call a vote the next map or for the next 5 mins? even if it is denied this would be nice too to stop the vote abuse.

Yes, it can be made. I've never seen this kind of abuse... What an unruly player crowd you must have :P

Offline tynman

• Devil Dogs Hosting LLC
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2010, 09:47:55 PM »
I set it to regular and made some public players such and seems yes I do have some that want to go a little to far at times so would be nice to have that in place for anti-abuse of it. I can just remove him or anyone that does, but wanted to ask first.

The game is CODWAW so I guess the rotation issue I will have to deal with. I might just turn it off.

thank you

Offline KnightOrk

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2010, 09:12:45 AM »
This is a new try to fix the Bug that a vote is already in progress.

Now it Reset Votes on Load Config (If i understand the Code right, this should be every Time new Map is Load).

Code: [Select]
	def onLoadConfig(self):
self._in_progress = False
self._currentVote = None

I have two Versions:

First Version is the Original Ismael Code with Fix and without !votenextmap (!vnm)
Second Version is with !votenextmap (!vnm)

Backup Original voting.py, then rename the Version you want to use in voting.py upload it to your Server and restart B3.

[attachment deleted by maintenance - older than 60 days]
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 12:58:59 PM by KnightOrk »

Offline danger89

« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2010, 09:38:34 PM »
Thx :D

EDIT:
Only voting (Ismael).py is working OK.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2010, 09:40:54 PM by danger89 »
JoinMyServer.com

Offline KnightOrk

« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2010, 06:19:32 AM »
Cause you need voting.xml too.

Open the voting.xml in your conf Folder.

Search for this Line:      

<set name="min_level_map">

Insert this text after it:

<set name="min_level_nextmap">20</set>

This voting.xml is still the same like in my first Thread. It's working fine on UrbanTerror 4.1

I upload two .zip Files now with voting.xml in conf Folder. Now you only have to edit them.

Can anyone else report if my Plugin is working?

Offline danger89

« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2010, 01:19:33 PM »
Sorry KnightOrk, also with your modified voting.xml in the conf folder B3 does not start anymore. So I need to use the voting plugin from Ismael.
JoinMyServer.com

Offline Ismael

« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2010, 08:26:40 AM »
Minor hack. Now unlocks votation on Game Warmup. This means that for gametypes that have warmup, the votes won't get locked up. In UrT this means all but FFA. Probably requires that the variable for the warmup must not be 0.

Still, would like to know WHY it was locking up on those servers and fix that issue, not this hack...

Rate this page +1 at Google Search