Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: Anti Website Advertiser  (Read 3978 times)

Offline Spoon

• EHD Gaming
Anti Website Advertiser
« on: August 18, 2010, 10:10:46 PM »
This plugin picks up on a player saying .com, .co.uk or what ever else you put in it. It also has a safe website list so you can add your clan/community website, big brotherbot website, google, and youtube.

When it finds someone has said a website that is not allowed it will tempban them you can change the ban duration and reason in the config, there is also a max level setting so you can set so moderators are allowed to say any website.

If you want to add or remove safe websites and domains you will have to edit in the .py file.

Download:
http://www.bigbrotherbot.net/forums/downloads/?sa=view;down=82
http://ehdfiles.co.uk/spoon/website.zip

Offline grosbedo

• Former Dev. (senate)
Re: Anti Website Advertiser
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 01:08:06 PM »
tempban ? directly ? lol isn't that too much ? Maybe you should warn them before.

And I don't think this way of detecting URL is good, because they can give an url of an informative article, without being an advertisement for their own website. I mean, for me it's common to give URLs in-game about the topics we discuss, may it be about science, gaming, history, philosophy or anything else.

Maybe you should better try to catch the words that are commonly prepended, like "Visit", "clan", "rocks", etc...

Offline MordyT

• Support Hero
  • Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 03:15:18 AM »
Thanks spoon. I like this a lot. However, can this be accomplished with the word censor?
*Via my HTC EvO 4G*
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline karelkopp

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2010, 12:19:09 PM »

Offline Spoon

• EHD Gaming
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 02:43:07 PM »
im sorry but i couldnt quite undersand what you ment in your post.

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything