Donate to the B3 fund!

"even a small donation helps!"
Donate with PayPal!
Most of the plugins here are made by B3 users and the authors may not visit frequently. If you need support for plugins or if questions remain unanswered, you will have to contact the author directly. Read the full Support Disclaimer here

NOTE: Do not attach plugins to your forumtopics! Attachements are periodically removed by maintenance tasks. Upload your plugins to our Downloads section instead!

Author Topic: Namechanger Detector  (Read 6514 times)

Offline pyr02k1

Namechanger Detector
« on: February 22, 2012, 08:21:36 AM »
This plugin will Kick, TempBan or PermBan any user found to change names more then XX times in a match. It was written with CoD4 in mind, so it focuses on the client performing a kill (due to the limitation in the logging system of CoD4, it was limited on how it could be implemented). I currently run it with 5 namechanges in 1 map. The option can be set much higher, but it is on to personal preference. The other method I tested was 20 namechangers with Round Reset disabled (so 20 kills with different names in a session) and it was effective but it took much longer to catch a namechanger. As most namechangers use hacks, 5 seemed reasonable.

I wrote this for use on the zA server not to long ago. I've been working on getting it 100% for a couple months now. The delay was mostly due to work and life. But as a whole, I've tested it and found it to be functional as it should be. I've since had it on 3 servers with no issue.

You can pickup a copy at https://github.com/pyr02k1/NameChanger-Plugin

Please, read the instructions in the readme. It's important to set a log location. The ability to disable it will be put on 1.01. I haven't had much time lately to add it in, but I did test the current functionality and it works fine.

Questions, comments, etc... post them here or email me at pyr0 [...] nerdragepros.com and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Upcoming features in 1.01: Disable logging completely, limit to debug, the current logging (which will be called limited) and Full logging which will be debug calls in the namechanger log. I'll also be putting in timestamps into the namechanger log
1.02: I'll be including the ability to partially ignore users. Example being that the current ignore design is to ignore admin namechangers (level XX and above). The partial will allow you to ignore the middle ground (registered users or your choice level up until the full ignore level) and set a level to stop ignoring them (say 10). It'll also include the ability to force reset on level change for that segment as well

Other features will be decided by you... I cant think of much else I'd be needing to put in.

Offline MordyT

• Over $300 Donated to B3!
    • MordyT
Re: Namechanger Detector
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 02:42:37 PM »
Awesome plugin. Been waiting for one like this for a while.
Help will be given to those with a b3.log

If drop off the map it is due to RL becoming busy :)

System: Python 2.7.3 - Deb 7 - B3 Source Code - 128MB RAM box (rented at $5 a year) - remote MySQL - Remote Web Services

Offline setman

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 10:11:50 PM »
Will this work on MW2?

Offline pyr02k1

Re: Re: Namechanger Detector
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 10:31:28 PM »
Theoretically it should. I don't think any of the basic calls I use change in mw2

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Offline islamsaab

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2012, 12:04:23 PM »
Hi. how to make it not ban\kick just: self takeAllweapons();

Offline Archangel

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 11:04:09 AM »
This plugin doesn't working with COD4 MW servers.
I just tested it with my dedicated cod4 mw server
I think this plugin is no longer detecting name changers.

Offline wattz

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 01:42:08 PM »
Thank you very much !! using it on my IW4Play MW2 servers and is working perfectly :D

Rate this page +1 at Google Search

anything